Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this already been posted? HIT105 spoke to Benjamin Norris for 'Insider Info' lmao.

Anyway, if it wasn't posted here, this is what was said:
- Mentioned apparently scouting in Melbourne for a residence near a studio or building inside an already
established studio (Channel 7)

- in another clip he said Gretel has been contacted.

Apologise again if it's already been posted!

Link

Those are two different things though. I don't get the comparison.
Probably didn't word that right. The whole 'secrets' thing was originally supposed to play a massive part in the show, the show was even called 'Big Brother: Secrets' for a while in pre-production. And even at the start of 2012, they were massively pumping it up on launch night. But it soon all fizzled out. Anyway, point being if they did try and make the show different in format it would likely be given the flick early in the piece and the show would revert back to it's regular self

How about Leon Murray, the BB08 and BB2012-2014 Big Brother voice? He's still active in the voice acting community as you hear his voice in ads from time to time

I would love to see him back

How about Leon Murray, the BB08 and BB2012-2014 Big Brother voice? He's still active in the voice acting community as you hear his voice in ads from time to time

I would love to see him back
I was thinking about this earlier. I wonder if we’ll get somebody new.

Personally I’ve always been fond of Nick Colquhoun - it’s his voice I hear in my head whenever I think of Big Brother.

Personally I’ve always been fond of Nick Colquhoun - it’s his voice I hear in my head whenever I think of Big Brother.

Same, it's something about how scary it sounded that never leaves you

100% should be someone new... Just like the other main presenting team. "The game has changed " so it seems like a great opportunity for everything else to change along with it.

Agree, fresh start. Back BB for 2020, not for 2001.

As for "the game has changed" - how many times have we seen such phrases in promotion for BB Australia and BBUK especially, and how many times has the game actually changed. Even if there is a change it rarely lasts past the first week.

I would love some things about 2001 to still be there but highly unlikely in todays world such as contestants that genuinely want the bb experience not just the fame. But we do live in a different time in terms of what we do and how we watch, so if they have any brains they will embrace the internet and apps as part of the bb experience. Possibly the plus and minus will dictate what and who we see more of? With other feeds and videos online.

If Mike Goldman isn’t narrating - it isn’t Big Brother. It’s that simple.
Well, it isn't the Big Brother that was axed twice.

To be fair Mike Goldman is a much better narrator than Marcus Bentley was in the UK - I did feel in his narration role Mike never made it about himself and did what a good narrator should do - pretty much blend into the background. It's when he featured on screen he annoyed me.

That said I'm still of the mind it needs to be a completely fresh start and I think considering Seven's ratings woes they will get behind the show in a way Nine never really did. Seven buying it makes sense - Nine taking it never did.

To win the real fans over though - and actually engage with the new generation who are only used to heavily edited reality TV - they must invest in the live feeds. That really would be half the battle won.

I’d love to be proven wrong on this, but I can’t see channel 7 bringing the live feeds back, and until they return, BB Australia will always be a shell of it’s former self.

If there’s one message I’d love to get across to -Insert Network Here- it’s that live feeds will NOT lower your precious ratings! People who watch them are no doubt going to watch the daily shows as well.

EVERYONE under the age of 25 is more engaged in online content than FTA, hell I can’t even remember the last time I sat down to watch FTA. If they want younger demos, live feeds and online content needs to be a huge factor.

You’d think I wouldn’t have to say this as it’s incredibly obvious but the last time around 9 didn’t seem to get this.

Imagine if they went live on FB the second something exciting was happening?
Oh the possibilities.

Would the casting people/producers really remember little 'ole us? And in these days of sharing your bowel movements on social media would it really be such a mark against you for saying you were applying?

Which reminds me. I've read mention of Gretel and Mike. But what about ALEX. Is Mavrosciatic still contracted to treating STIs?
Alex and previous crew are all staying quiet for now.......wish they would say something! Hopefully we hear soon who the new EP will be. They have a lot of work to do......

Just a snippet from ESA's hiring postings way back in June 2019:

Of note is this (emphasis mine) :

"ll applicants must be proficient in AVID Media Composer, have experience in developing and editing stories from unstructured content, multi-cam experience, a good sense of music editing, and be able to work in a fast-paced, quick turnaround, team environment."

If it is coming back in 2020, Gretel should be host, Mike Goldman should be back to host Big Brother Uplate and Uncut, and they should cast "real Aussies" and people from diverse ethnicities and backgrounds, not frigging instagram models or the sort of plastic people that end up on "The Bachelor".
Channel 7 doing it? That rings alarm bells for me, I'd prefer it was back on Channel 10, the more natural home for Big Brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back