Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it is returning?
I just Googled it, and right enough, it's out there.
How exciting!

Surprised this forum still running, haven’t been around for years, just googled in hope and SURPRISE!

I'm scared with it being on 7 as they are a much older skewing demographic.

Oh I figured this is what they would definitely do. All the people who are most interested in a BBAU reboot are in their 30s and 40s now. Nostalgia rules apply - everyone will want it to be similar to Channel 10 days. I reckon Endemol will even fight hard for Gretel to return.

I don't expect people in their teens and 20s to be interested in the Big Brother format anymore - or to be confined to broadcast television schedules.

Oh I figured this is what they would definitely do. All the people who are most interested in a BBAU reboot are in their 30s and 40s now. Nostalgia rules apply - everyone will want it to be similar to Channel 10 days. I reckon Endemol will even fight hard for Gretel to return.

I don't expect people in their teens and 20s to be interested in the Big Brother format anymore - or to be confined to broadcast television schedules.

But Seven would have specifically picked up BB to attract the younger crowd. They already have the older audience watching their network.

But Seven would have specifically picked up BB to attract the younger crowd. They already have the older audience watching their network.

Yeah true.

idk, I'm still in a hazy IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING cloud.

Did somebody say wood? 😏

source.gif

I'm not removing the question mark just yet, though when genuinely confirmed by Seven hopefully someone will start a new thread.
David Knox at TV Tonight posted a comment that he believes it will happen... but his site has not picked up the story because there's clearly no actual confirmation from anyone at Endemol shine, nor any network. At least it's not April 1.

David Knox at TV Tonight posted a comment that he believes it will happen... but his site has not picked up the story because there's clearly no actual confirmation from anyone at Endemol shine, nor any network. At least it's not April 1.

Considering the rumours have been going around a bit lately now, and that upfronts do begin next week it seems like it could well be possible these Stories are true. With all the internet traffic caused by the house's demise surly that would have made networks realise there is still some sort of interest in the show amongst people. Also looking at how Channel 7 has been going with its 7/7:30 slot this entire year it seems they really are desperate. Even their once juggernaut shows like House Rules and MKR were thumped by MAFS and even Masterchef which itself also saw a 22% decrease in ratings this year. The dirty dancing show and also AGT also weren't much help especially when up against the Block and the growing success of Survivor. 7 also rarely ever wins the 16-39 demo which is what advertisers look for, doing Big Brother could potentially solve almost all their problems if done right.

I also find it interesting, Gretel has always been reluctant to speak about Big Brother in recent years. Even in Mike's podcast he even stated in the video description that she didn't want any questions about Big Brother. However, on Kyle and Jackie O she happily praised the show and almost sounded like she was trying to convince people that the show should return. Possibly a hint that she has been approached already and been offered a cash amount she is more than satisfied with?

I also find it interesting, Gretel has always been reluctant to speak about Big Brother in recent years. Even in Mike's podcast he even stated in the video description that she didn't want any questions about Big Brother. However, on Kyle and Jackie O she happily praised the show and almost sounded like she was trying to convince people that the show should return. Possibly a hint that she has been approached already and been offered a cash amount she is more than satisfied with?

Plus our queen has made some what of a TV comeback these last couple of weeks being on the Masked “Singer”, The Project and Sunrise. It all seems very timely. Her not ruling out hosting it again after essentially silence regarding the show since the last rising of Christ to me is very inch resting. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that not casting her as host would be a home of phobic act and that's on period.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back