Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have done a wrap up of rumours
Technically, I believe Nine's rights actually expired in 2016* but they retained first right of refusal if another network showed interest. And they reportedly looked into a season for 2016 but didn't proceed.

*sorry I found an old TV Tonight article stating this a couple of weeks ago but can't for the life of me find it now.

Technically, I believe Nine's rights actually expired in 2016*️ but they retained first right of refusal if another network showed interest. And they reportedly looked into a season for 2016 but didn't proceed.

*️sorry I found an old TV Tonight article stating this a couple of weeks ago but can't for the life of me find it now.
Wasn't it rumoured that there would be a celebrity big Brother Australia again but they never ended up doing it?

When Ten were rumoured to be looking at it again a couple of years ago I don't recall any mention of Nine still having an option on it.

Guess we'll find out this week which rumours are true and which were based on fact.

Does anyone know what time 7's upfront starts? And will there be a livestream like the Nine Upfronts?
They're on "late on Wednesday afternoon", and I think TV Tonight will probably live tweet it and/or post updates on the website. No idea about a live stream though.

So what do we do if there is no sign of Big Brother Australia 2020 in today's channel 7 upfront? Do we then look toward unorthodox options such as Netflix (online TV), Fox-tel (pay TV), or SBS (alternative TV)?

So what do we do if there is no sign of Big Brother Australia 2020 in today's channel 7 upfront? Do we then look toward unorthodox options such as Netflix (online TV), Fox-tel (pay TV), or SBS (alternative TV)?

It’s definitely coming to Channel 7 and I am 99% sure they will announce it tonight at the upfronts.

It sounds like it would turn into a scripted series like the US format is with overproduced commercial music inbetween scenes.

As an American, I resent that comment. Granted, the HouseGuests are often led into recapping events in the Diary Room or are forced to act as Mike Goldman in the Diary Room, but the series is far from scripted.

Locking this thread! And splitting it into other threads.

It's getting too long, with multiple conversation streams happening. Please see the topic list or start your own new topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back