Skip to main content

Big Brother: The records (The statistics page)

No, it features ex-housemates spending some time in a "lodge" rehearsing a play and leaving for Christmas to return at a later date, lots of contact with the outside world, with no evictions and no winner, with no host and not even Marcus Bentley. But each to their own.

Other BB editions have featured ex-housemates and lots of contact with the outside world. Other editions have had no evictions and no winner.

There was a host for Panto - it was Jeff Brazier. The narrator was Andy Price.

Other BB editions have featured ex-housemates and lots of contact with the outside world. Other editions have had no evictions and no winner.
I'm not particularly arsed about what other countries twist their editions to be, I'm just saying as far as Big Brother in this country goes, BBP wasn't one in my eyes.

I'm not particularly arsed about what other countries twist their editions to be, I'm just saying as far as Big Brother in this country goes, BBP wasn't one in my eyes.

I'm not particularly arsed about your opinion either. I was justifying my own opinion.

She participated was in there 10 days and actually got an eviction. :)

She wasn't a Housemate though, she was never eligible to win. I'm pretty sure she wasn't evicted, didn't she just leave when her time was over?

Well if Anouska was a housemate so was Corey, but really they're just house guests.

Big Brother Panto I guess is really a spin-off series - it's not Big Brother, but it kind of is too. Although made by Endemol though it wasn't really made by Big Brother themselves - IIRC Endemol had a contract with E4 at the time to provide X amount of content from their new Bristol studios and along with Kings of Comedy and Fool Around..., BB Panto helped fill that quota.

I've always had a doubt: do are the Hispanic channels (Argentina, Spain and so on) the only where other programs talk about "Big Brother"?

Well if Anouska was a housemate so was Corey, but really they're just house guests.

Big Brother Panto I guess is really a spin-off series - it's not Big Brother, but it kind of is too. Although made by Endemol though it wasn't really made by Big Brother themselves - IIRC Endemol had a contract with E4 at the time to provide X amount of content from their new Bristol studios and along with Kings of Comedy and Fool Around..., BB Panto helped fill that quota.
See, that's the thing. Anouska wasn't an official housemate in Australia because she didn't get evicted and wasn't eligible to win. But BB Panto is an official Big Brother because it had housemates...but they weren't eligible to win and didn't get evicted, so they're in fact NOT housemates. But it's still "Big Brother." Sorry, I'm just getting mixed messages here? :confused:

She wasn't a Housemate though, she was never eligible to win. I'm pretty sure she wasn't evicted, didn't she just leave when her time was over?

She was an honorary HM, she participated in the shopping task and got full eviction treatment, she came out before Patrick and had a 20 min interview. The eviction show was treated like a double. She also did shows with Patrick that week was on Rove and on the insider, and was on another chat show and did some appearances. She was very popular with the Aussie public. She couldn't win but she did participate.

Oh, how different BB4 would have been if she'd stayed and Jon had gone - we wouldn't have had to put up with The Tickle Show then.

A matter of interest here is Anouska leaving house and part 1 of her interview.

[youtubevid]nGCOINF1S44[/youtubevid]

This part 2 of her interview
[youtubevid]3hFqXMtglgM[/youtubevid]

Isabel Madow (GH2 Vip México) was evicted in her season and she entered into GH5 Spain's house. When she left the house, she was interviewed by the host and she was in the studio the nex weeks, but she wasn't a housemate.

Wasn't attacking your opinion, just what other countries choose to do, but whatever... BE LIKE THAT, etc. :p

It's Monday, it's an official "not particularly arsed about anything" day. :D :D

Editions where the House has been located in a different country.

1) Big Brother VIP1 Denmark was held in the Big Brother Norway house.

2) Big Brother 1 Ecuador was held in the Big Brother (Gran Hermano) Argentina house.

3) Big Brother 1 Pacifico (a joint edition with Chile, Peru and Ecuador) was held in the Big Brother Colombia house.

4) Big Brother 5 Croatia is being held in a house in Thailand.

That's all that I know of, if anyone knows of any more, please say.

Here's one to test you Graham - is BB Israel the first series where the host announces the evictee while sitting down! It just doesn't seem right - so lazy!

I just noticed brekkies question from a month ago - the answer is I have no idea. I can't think of any sitting down eviction announcements, but then it's not something I pay that much attention to.

Now onto the subject of this post - Ejections.

Editions with the most ejections
Only 3 BB's have had 3 ejections

BB6 Germany - Ali, Charly & Gerry
BB8 Germany - Adrian, Mari & Rebecca
BB4 Finland - Harri, Marianna & Niko

Note that BB6 Germany lasted 363 days, BB8 Germany lasted 155 days. Finland had it's 3rd ejection on Day 46.

Countries with most ejections
Germany = 8 (out of 222 housemates)
Poland = 8 (out of 101 housemates)
UK = 8 (out of 220 housemates)
Philippines = 7 (out of 89 housemates)
Finland = 6 (out of 69 housemates)

Most ejections in a calendar year
There have been a total of 74 ejections in the world since Big Brother started in 1999. 2008 has seen more than any other year.

2008 = 19
2006 = 14
2004 = 9
2007 = 9
2005 = 8
2003 = 5
2001 = 4
2002 = 4
2000 = 2
1999 = 0

Back