Skip to main content

Big Brother NOT getting The Blocks Timeslot

Well Channel 9 have put the nail in the coffin for Big Brother, now we can only hope that Channel Ten come to their senses and take on Big Brother.

I think channel 10 would welcome it back. At least I'd like to think so.

Even though 9 is showing they don't care for it now - hopefully they don't play any dirty games in preventing 10 from treating it right.

the time slot doesn't help either not to mention the show on before hand going into over time making the show on later.

I hope channel 10 does take it back.

Imagine the kind of uplifting advertisements they could do to hype it up. Imagine if they just ran advertisements like "The live 24 hour feed is back" "uplate is back" "friday night live is back" "live nomination is back".

eh I can dream

I hope channel 10 does take it back.

Imagine the kind of uplifting advertisements they could do to hype it up. Imagine if they just ran advertisements like "The live 24 hour feed is back" "uplate is back" "friday night live is back" "live nomination is back".

eh I can dream
Imagine having the HMs on the project just like they did back in the day when they went on rove after they were evicted.

If done properly it could be a real boost to Channel 10's shit ratings.

They have some great programming but people just don't know about it, a spectacle like Big Brother was in the old days could bring in so many more viewers.

Times have changed and no matter what channel Big Brother is on. It will never be the same as the old channel 10 days.

So I'd hate to see you all disappointed cause you are every year. They may as well can it.

I would have thought that Big Brother is Better than No Big Brother, but I guess not.

Times have changed and no matter what channel Big Brother is on. It will never be the same as the old channel 10 days.

So I'd hate to see you all disappointed cause you are every year. They may as well can it.

I would have thought that Big Brother is Better than No Big Brother, but I guess not.

Channel 10 content is a wish scenario, but 9 cant even match what it did the last two years.

Why did 9 bother to bring it back this year if they were going to kick the timeslot around so badly, show less footage on TV than the last two years and not even let us know what is going on in the house throughout the day/night on their Twitter feed and website.

Whilst 24/7 streaming or a couple of hours streaming of the housemates is ideal they won't even show us on the website some text/video/image if a kookaburra came to the house this morning.

Last edited:

It may not be the same as the old Channel 10 days, but I don't think that's necessarily what people want. The old days are often used as a reference point, sure, but that's because there's nothing else to really compare it to, save for international versions and whatnot. Similar to the old Channel 10 days is probably a better way to put it. Honestly, if Nine brought back the show and had proper live streaming/updates, coherent editing and story lines, legitimate adult content, a functioning freakin' website, coupled together with whatever changes and twists they wanted to do that didn't affect the core ideals of the entire format, then the complaining would resume to the complaining these forums have always been famous (infamous?) for. The issue only exists because they literally stripped away the entire point of Big Brother; the entire concept.

You can't say to me, "Well, any Big Brother is better than no Big Brother" when what we're given is pretty far from what Big Brother actually is! What we're getting is a mash up of other reality shows (which would've, ironically, all been inspired by Big Brother in the first place!) all wrapped up in a nice child-friendly bow, and it sucks. And it sucks not just in the sense that it's a shit season of Big Brother, but it's actually a shit show generally speaking. It's terribly put together. It's an actual mess of a television show.

And it's not even just "us" that thinks this either. As I said, usually "we" do tend to get a bit shitty regardless of what's going on, and "we've" been like that ever since the Channel 10 days when the general public didn't really have any problems. But I've spoken to people that have no real vested interest in the show, and I've read many comments on news articles, and I've gone through the #BBAU hashtag on both Twitter and Tumblr, and there's more backlash against the show for the same fundamental reasons most of us are complaining about than ever before.

You've always defended Big Brother no matter what, Goon, but you can't honestly be so blind this time around.

I genuinely believe that last years series was better than any other, and not because of production, not because of twists and turns of the series, but because of the people on it. Ultimately, that's why people watch it. They want to watch "reality", they want to see people having fun, they want to see people develop, they want to see people fighting, because that's human nature and we are all attracted to that.

The problem right now is that this season they have stripped away the fundamentals of the show, which is throwing 12+ random people in a house and giving them random tasks, but they've made it an exhibition. This season the reasoning for the backlash is because people are finding these housemates "boring", which is ironic because Alex M + co have attempted to find the most diverse and bold cast ever - apparently after Tim Dormer changed the game. If you make the superficial elements of the show the highlight, then you're going to lose people and you're going to lose an audience.

What they haven't done this series, is give us real people. They've given us brief outlines of housemates, but we're three weeks in and we are still trying to figure these people out. They've made the house and tasks so big that they take away from the core of the show which is the housemates. When "we" say "we want channel ten back" it's because we watched people. I honestly prefer Channel 9's BB to Channel 10's, but it feels as though the only way we can get away from the production having the biggest influence on the show, rather than the housemates, is to start afresh and Channel 10 would be the perfect way to do that. We have honestly not been given substance this year, it's all superficial story lines and it feels very contrived.

Give us those fundamentals back, strip back the extravaganza that is production and tasks that don't highlight character, give us genuine people. Honestly, I couldn't GAF if these people a models or aspiring actors, because they're real people too and the majority of Big Brother auditionees are attempting to gain fame through the series, it's just the show.

I'm going to continue watching this series, out of loyalty to the show and it's legacy, but there's got to be a time when Alex Mavroidakis looks up and see's that we at Behind Big Brother are the most loyal and ridiculously passionate fans, and that is why we are the most critical. So maybe instead of disregarding our comments as bullshit, start to take note and consider what we have to say.

I'm so sorry for writing a post this long, but I want SOMEONE who has influence over the show to look up and see that we don't want contrived story lines, and ultimately we just want to watch people in a house develop and we want to know who they are, rather than what Big Brother is.

This year is crap ... it doesn't deserve a good time slot....

Because the show is family friendly on 9, there is no uplate with adult content and shower scenes and there is no extreme drama and fighting like the UK version. In addition to this the format is not based around strategy like the US version. What does this all mean? It means there is no extreme drama, strategic game play, or adult content and shower scenes to draw big audiences in. This means the only thing that the producers can use in a family friendly BB show to draw in big audiences is humour and comedy value. This has been the case since the show returned to Channel 9 and the reason why the 2012 and 2013 seasons were successful in a ratings sense was because the show was funny. That is not the case this year and with nothing else to draw audiences in this year other than big twists and turns, the ratings are failing.

I understand that Alex M wanted this years show to focus more on drama and strategy but it has failed and it is not exactly his fault. The reality is if you aim a show towards kids and yet air it in a time slot when half of the target demographic are asleep you are not going to be a ratings winner. You can blame Channel 9 for that one and it just goes to show that their care factor for this years show is minimal. I know there are some posters on here that are still hoping the show will return next year but to be completely honest the chances of that happening at this stage are very slim.

CH9 wanted a 'family friendly' show. 8pm good. don't market BB at dumb spazzes with i-fones and "unlimited" credit. this season the producers got:::: rock <- producers -> hardplace

A few days before The Block ends Beauty and the Geek starts on 7 in the 8.30 slot. Does 9 really think Big Brother can stand up to Beauty and the Geek in both ratings AND demos?

TEN were advertising a new series of Homeland too, one night at about 8 30 p.m.

I genuinely believe that last years series was better than any other, and not because of production, not because of twists and turns of the series, but because of the people on it. Ultimately, that's why people watch it. They want to watch "reality", they want to see people having fun, they want to see people develop, they want to see people fighting, because that's human nature and we are all attracted to that.

The problem right now is that this season they have stripped away the fundamentals of the show, which is throwing 12+ random people in a house and giving them random tasks, but they've made it an exhibition. This season the reasoning for the backlash is because people are finding these housemates "boring", which is ironic because Alex M + co have attempted to find the most diverse and bold cast ever - apparently after Tim Dormer changed the game. If you make the superficial elements of the show the highlight, then you're going to lose people and you're going to lose an audience.

What they haven't done this series, is give us real people. They've given us brief outlines of housemates, but we're three weeks in and we are still trying to figure these people out. They've made the house and tasks so big that they take away from the core of the show which is the housemates. When "we" say "we want channel ten back" it's because we watched people. I honestly prefer Channel 9's BB to Channel 10's, but it feels as though the only way we can get away from the production having the biggest influence on the show, rather than the housemates, is to start afresh and Channel 10 would be the perfect way to do that. We have honestly not been given substance this year, it's all superficial story lines and it feels very contrived.

Give us those fundamentals back, strip back the extravaganza that is production and tasks that don't highlight character, give us genuine people. Honestly, I couldn't GAF if these people a models or aspiring actors, because they're real people too and the majority of Big Brother auditionees are attempting to gain fame through the series, it's just the show.

I'm going to continue watching this series, out of loyalty to the show and it's legacy, but there's got to be a time when Alex Mavroidakis looks up and see's that we at Behind Big Brother are the most loyal and ridiculously passionate fans, and that is why we are the most critical. So maybe instead of disregarding our comments as bullshit, start to take note and consider what we have to say.

I'm so sorry for writing a post this long, but I want SOMEONE who has influence over the show to look up and see that we don't want contrived story lines, and ultimately we just want to watch people in a house develop and we want to know who they are, rather than what Big Brother is.

You're spot on with everything.

It's become too much of a production and way too complicated. They need to go back to the fundamentals of what Big Brother is - a social experiment watching people. We are hardly seeing any of the show, this year it's an overload of live shows and flashbacks.

Back