Skip to main content

Big Brother Cancelled... Again

All this talk of different kinds of BB type shows has jolted something in my memory...
Bachelor Pad... So basically it is a spin off to the US versions of the Bach. I've only seen one season, all I remember is that former contestants lived in a house and were paired up (one make and one female), they had to compete in challenges... There were dates though, can't remember how that worked. Perhaps one day Ten will try their hand at an Aussie version of Bach Pad... It really is not that much like BB, but there are people in a house competing against each other for a cash prize... Also I think contestant were eliminated by a house vote, so a bit of plotting and scheming was also involved.
Anyway that was just a thought that I had just now watching the Bach. Probably won't happen anytime soon, I would think the Aussie version would need to get a few more seasons of both kinds under its belt.

I like the idea of bbau being revamped into a more strategic game like the US version. Would be quite interesting to watch.

The problem is that if Australian networks are averse to putting batshit-crazy people into the house, they'll have to poke and prod and interfere so much that it may as well be scripted. :(

So this means that Ryan may be the last ever winner of Big Brother Australia...

u3doz.jpg

Idk if I would like BBAU taking the BBUS format. I do enjoy the U.S. BB as a show but I don't enjoy it as being big brother. It's a good format for a reality show but I personally prefer the Australian format. If they use the format with the public evicting the nominees instead of the Luther house guests then I may be interested. I would also prefer for it to be on 6 days a week and maybe the completions could be done similar to how FNL was done. That's how I personally would like it to be. However each to their own and I guess there are people here who prefer the U.S. format. It is something however I would enjoy to see play out. I do agree that the show does need a major shake up in terms of format. Simple nominations are failing to grab my attention as they drag. As long as the public decides the outcome I'm happy to watch big brother how ever it's done.

...Simple nominations are failing to grab my attention as they drag. As long as the public decides the outcome I'm happy to watch big brother how ever it's done.

See, it's comments like that that gave us non-live, recorded yesterday, pre-packaged, edited nominations which I hate.

I do appreciate what you're saying but I'm sure AM is sitting there saying - "well, I gave you that and you all complained".

meh

See, it's comments like that that gave us non-live, recorded yesterday, pre-packaged, edited nominations which I hate.

I do appreciate what you're saying but I'm sure AM is sitting there saying - "well, I gave you that and you all complained".

meh

Sorry I used the wrong words for that description. I should have added as long as it's done properly.

All this talk of different kinds of BB type shows has jolted something in my memory...
Bachelor Pad... So basically it is a spin off to the US versions of the Bach. I've only seen one season, all I remember is that former contestants lived in a house and were paired up (one make and one female), they had to compete in challenges... There were dates though, can't remember how that worked. Perhaps one day Ten will try their hand at an Aussie version of Bach Pad... It really is not that much like BB, but there are people in a house competing against each other for a cash prize... Also I think contestant were eliminated by a house vote, so a bit of plotting and scheming was also involved.
Anyway that was just a thought that I had just now watching the Bach. Probably won't happen anytime soon, I would think the Aussie version would need to get a few more seasons of both kinds under its belt.

Never watched it... Bachelor Pad has been replaced with a new spin-off called Bachelor in Paradise... I've never watched it either but apparently it's similar to the uber trashy yet highly addictive Paradise Hotel... I think something like that would work much better and I actually preferred the original PH to the BB season it aired along side...

For those of you who are unaware the format was as such:

The series begins with an odd number of men and woman... For all insensitive purposes the series starts with 13 hotel guests... There are 6 ladies and there are 5 men...

As the ladies are the larger of the two groups they are the first to chose with whom they wish to bunk with for the remainder of the week... Once everyone has chosen there will be 1 man with 2 ladies vying for his attention... At this point it is his choice and the last woman standing without a partner is branded the outsider for the remainder of the week... The process repeats itself again at the end of the week and the last woman standing is sent packing... The roles are revered the following week and a new hotel guest of the opposite sex enters... Eventually the process of introducing a new guest each week stops and all the former guests return to chose between the final two couples...

It's still not BB but could fill at least some of the void...

Never watched it... Bachelor Pad has been replaced with a new spin-off called Bachelor in Paradise... I've never watched it either but apparently it's similar to the uber trashy yet highly addictive Paradise Hotel... I think something like that would work much better and I actually preferred the original PH to the BB season it aired along side...

For those of you who are unaware the format was as such:

The series begins with an odd number of men and woman... For all insensitive purposes the series starts with 13 hotel guests... There are 6 ladies and there are 5 men...

As the ladies are the larger of the two groups they are the first to chose with whom they wish to bunk with for the remainder of the week... Once everyone has chosen there will be 1 man with 2 ladies vying for his attention... At this point it is his choice and the last woman standing without a partner is branded the outsider for the remainder of the week... The process repeats itself again at the end of the week and the last woman standing is sent packing... The roles are revered the following week and a new hotel guest of the opposite sex enters... Eventually the process of introducing a new guest each week stops and all the former guests return to chose between the final two couples...

It's still not BB but could fill at least some of the void...
Did someone say Paradise Hotel? :)

The greatest part of Paradise Hotel was the production interference and random (scripted) twists to break up the running order. They would reverse eviction nominations on a whim to suit. That, the Dave/Charla revulsion dynamic, and the rampant infighting in paradise make it the finest surreality television, ever. Paradise Hotel US season 1 demands multiple screenings to truly appreciate.

Idk if I would like BBAU taking the BBUS format. I do enjoy the U.S. BB as a show but I don't enjoy it as being big brother. It's a good format for a reality show but I personally prefer the Australian format. If they use the format with the public evicting the nominees instead of the Luther house guests then I may be interested. I would also prefer for it to be on 6 days a week and maybe the completions could be done similar to how FNL was done. That's how I personally would like it to be. However each to their own and I guess there are people here who prefer the U.S. format. It is something however I would enjoy to see play out. I do agree that the show does need a major shake up in terms of format. Simple nominations are failing to grab my attention as they drag. As long as the public decides the outcome I'm happy to watch big brother how ever it's done.

You are thinking about this too black and white... The US format could easily be worked in to something that looks and feels similar BBAU... The only difference is the style of gameplay...

Did someone say Paradise Hotel? :)

The greatest part of Paradise Hotel was the production interference and random (scripted) twists to break up the running order. They would reverse eviction nominations on a whim to suit. That, the Dave/Charla revulsion dynamic, and the rampant infighting in paradise make it the finest surreality television, ever. Paradise Hotel US season 1 demands multiple screenings to truly appreciate.

I loved the "live" aspect of the show... I mean how long did it take before you realized that the line about going from a viewer of the show to being on the show was just a crock?

Like I said before it was trashy in sooooo many ways but it was highly addictive and any manipulation just made the show that much better!!!

I probably wouldn't be happy if they changed to the U.S. Format because to be honest, I find it boring with the evictions! Because once the housemate vote, you know who is going! Where is AUS and UK it's the suspense that I really like and who's going and it gets the country involved when it's public voting! I think it brings family together with the evictions because you al sit there watching and waiting with Gretel's or Sonia's: "It's Time To Go" and then they wait like 30 seconds and then when they announce their name, your scream, you cry, your happy, your sad but I love the format we have at the moment! The nominations I like at the moment how the housemates choose who is nominated not just 1 housemate chooses who's nominated! I like how there can more en 2 or 3 housemates nominated! Also I don't like in the U.S. Version there's a HOH, I think they should bring back the 2005-2007 format with FNL and if you win it you get the reward room, the chores, the 3 point twist or the save and replace twist! Personally I don't think the U.S. version would work in Australia after so many seasons of public voting not the housemates voting, so that's my opinion! :D

Back