Skip to main content

Big Brother Cancelled... Again

Nope. I'm probably one of the biggest Survivor fans on this board. It's kind of sad how many hours I've poured into watching and re-watching seasons upon seasons.

I can't recall if I called BBUS "Survivor-in-a-house" on here; but I know I have said that offline before because it's an easy way of describing it to Australians who have never seen the show; given both shows have a heavy emphasis on strategy and alliances. OFC it's a massive generalisation because there are many different nuances and BBUS is arguably a more psychologically demanding game; but I don't mean it as "nothing more than Survivor in a house".

Wrong person then... I totally agree though... BBUS is so much more than just a Survivor rip-off... Anyways I'm glad I'm not in the minority in this... I totally think it's worth a shot and it would be interesting to see how Australians take to the format...

That I understood... It's all the other stuff you wrote that doesn't make sense...

Well I was personally thinking that TEN would bring back BB next year. But now they have I'm a celeb, Masterchef and the Australian spelling bee all returning. And they will probably bring back the biggest loser. So BB will deffintly not be on TEN next year. And with Nine brining back Australia's got talent and the voice and possibly the block there probably won't be room for BB either. So I'm convinced that it will be a long while till BB returns.

Well I was personally thinking that TEN would bring back BB next year.

The chances of that happening were EXTREMELY thin to begin with... Along with that it appears Nine have the rights to BB until at least the end of 2016 anyways... I'm glad you've come to your senses...

The chances of that happening were EXTREMELY thin to begin with... Along with that it appears Nine have the rights to BB until at least the end of 2016 anyways... I'm glad you've come to your senses...
Has it been extended to the end of 2016 now?

No they don't, rights run until February 29th 2016 with further rights to be decided in December this year assuming anyone even wants it.

No they don't, rights run until February 29th 2016 with further rights to be decided in December this year assuming anyone even wants it.

Even if the rights expire in February I'm not so sure Endemol could even talk to another network about a potential new series until after Nine have let the rights go... So in reality a move over to Ten couldn't happen until 2017...

If the rights are taken in Dec, more chance than not there will be "a must show in 2016 clause".

Why would Endemol back Nine in to a corner at this point? I mean if Nine are willing to fork over money just to hold on to the rights it's still money in Endemol's pockets regardless...

I wish it had ended after BB2013 and could've at least gone out in some sort of style. Going out and leaving 2014 as the final season is disappointing, much more so than when BB08 was previously the last one ever. :(

Oh well, life goes on.

I wish it had ended after BB2013 and could've at least gone out in some sort of style. Going out and leaving 2014 as the final season is disappointing, much more so than when BB08 was previously the last one ever. :(

Oh well, life goes on.

Although it seems unlikely there is still a smal glimmer of hope

The 7 Networks new live stream feature would be great for big brother, you could easily expand from streaming the network to rather streaming big reality formats. There new business venture may give it some hope but 7's previous record suggests a no hahaha.

Back