Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada 6 - Discussion

Global are not treating the feedsters who saved the show that well at all - whilst the US have always cut the feeds for competitions and ceremonies they usually switch them back on as soon as they're over, but BBCan takes them out for a few hours after too so none of the immediate fallout is broadcast. They also cut any parties they have, saving it for a 5 minute edit in the broadcast show.

For a show that gets so much so right they get some of the basics so wrong too. Still annoys me how they pre-record all their eviction shows hours earlier and never manage to complete the HoH comp within the "live show". I don't see any point in using the HoH as a cliffhanger - nobody is so desperate to find out they'll tune in Monday, they'll just find out online instead. Always thinks it sets up the week so much better ending the eviction show knowing the next HoH - the hook then is who will they nominate, and that's why people tune in the next week.

Global are not treating the feedsters who saved the show that well at all - whilst the US have always cut the feeds for competitions and ceremonies they usually switch them back on as soon as they're over, but BBCan takes them out for a few hours after too so none of the immediate fallout is broadcast. They also cut any parties they have, saving it for a 5 minute edit in the broadcast show.

For a show that gets so much so right they get some of the basics so wrong too. Still annoys me how they pre-record all their eviction shows hours earlier and never manage to complete the HoH comp within the "live show". I don't see any point in using the HoH as a cliffhanger - nobody is so desperate to find out they'll tune in Monday, they'll just find out online instead. Always thinks it sets up the week so much better ending the eviction show knowing the next HoH - the hook then is who will they nominate, and that's why people tune in the next week.

I think for a series that is devoted to the fans this season has been pretty much a compete let down since the launch... It's been extremely rushed in terms of story-line, the exreme product placement makes the show look cheap and distracts from what little story-line we get, the game-play so far has been dull, and to top it all off the HG's are pretty dull...

I think it comes down to the fact that Global really need to consider whether airing BBCAN on Global is even worth it... It's clear that simsubing of American network TV is more important to them which is why we see BBCAN airing on the low end of prime time schedule, and Global will not displace simsub programing to allow BB to extend episodes when needed.

I thought the product placement was worse last year. At least the HoH games are better than those random challenges they had before, nearly all of those I remember being boring and a silly excuse for an advert.

The Wendy's thing is the worst - so clearly shoe-horned in and just tacky in the extreme. Their food looks horrid too, and I hate the interaction with other people. The "drive in" could work without a human behind it (heck, it probably will in reality before long!).

I quite like the Hasbro integration as it actually gives the HMs something quite fun to do and is something viewers can relate too. We don't seem to be having a "new coffee table from The Brick" every week this time though - that's certainly preferable to Wendys.

Forget the big set piece endurance comps, BB Canada had the best HoH comp ever this week all thanks to one ingredient - alcohol! They got the housemates shitfaced with a "HoH Frat Party" the night before the competition, then woke them up at 7am to play the game, a simple True/False quiz on the nights events - complete with sick buckets. Brilliant stuff - and that's why BB Canada is so much better than BBUSA - except for them blocking the entire party on the feeds.

I liked the pizza delivery veto, before that though we've had too many true/false competitions which have plenty of luck involved.

The game may finally be starting (with Ali blowing up, and Ryan responding very cooly), several weeks too late but hopefully it has started.

To be fair I think they have been playing more than usual in the pre-jury stage - sometimes actually overthinking their plays and hence making the wrong moves.

Will be fuming though if Canada saves Ryan this week.

It's the real flaw in the US format - anybody who is any good inevitably gets targeted early, and this twist really didn't help. They did something similar back in the first season and I hated it as much then.

I was quite the fan of Kaela until she got some power - yes, she is far from the first HoH to go back on her word but really felt how she twisted her pledge to Will was one of the worst betrayals I've seen on Big Brother, whether she was genuinely using him as a pawn or not (I think she really wanted him gone, but the house wouldn't vote him out for her!). However do respect her for taking her chance to get Erica out - would have been a wasted opportunity not too. Just can't fathom out why anyone would save Ryan though - nothing a Big Brother fan hates more than a BB fan in the house who thinks they know the game inside out, and clearly don't.

Looks like he'll survive this week too - ironically he has become Merron, the pawn against which anyone goes home.

It's the real flaw in the US format - anybody who is any good inevitably gets targeted early, and this twist really didn't help. They did something similar back in the first season and I hated it as much then.

I was quite the fan of Kaela until she got some power - yes, she is far from the first HoH to go back on her word but really felt how she twisted her pledge to Will was one of the worst betrayals I've seen on Big Brother, whether she was genuinely using him as a pawn or not (I think she really wanted him gone, but the house wouldn't vote him out for her!). However do respect her for taking her chance to get Erica out - would have been a wasted opportunity not too. Just can't fathom out why anyone would save Ryan though - nothing a Big Brother fan hates more than a BB fan in the house who thinks they know the game inside out, and clearly don't.

Looks like he'll survive this week too - ironically he has become Merron, the pawn against which anyone goes home.

From what I've heard Ryan had a voting block supporting him... So naturally with that kind of support the vote was not a legitimate refection of the voting public...

Which makes me grateful that they're making this a "fans season" by blocking the feeds for hours and hours everytime they give the houseguests a drink rather than giving Canada a say in who wins the damn thing.

Which makes me grateful that they're making this a "fans season" by blocking the feeds for hours and hours everytime they give the houseguests a drink rather than giving Canada a say in who wins the damn thing.

This series is by far the worst in the Canadian franchise... I gave up weeks ago and would have given up sooner if this were any other series... Hearing the result of the public vote is just the icing on the cake and a very good signal that I made the right choice...

It certainly isn't the best season and they are phoning it in a bit production wise but actually gameplay wise it's very enjoyable and refreshing to see the houseguests prioritise kicking people out of the front door rather than relying on the backdoor week in, week out. The twists and turns of the gameplay have been worth rolling with and certainly seen my allegiances as a viewer move throughout the season - back in Week 2 when they were talking about Olivia being a threat nobody could see that at all, but she's proven to be a decent player and gone from being a spoilt brat to a very watchable spoilt brat. I think also with Ryan now gone we've got rid of all the dead wood, though Maddie and Will still need to step up gamewise.

Ali evicted 4-1
Derek won HOH ... nominated Johnny Maddy Liv
Kaela won Veto
Kaela didnt use the veto
Maddy saved 3-0
Johnny and Liv evicted

Last edited:
Ali evicted 4-1
Derek won HOH Name that speech
Derek nominated Johnny Olivia and Maddy in the Triple Eviction
Derek sat out for the POV
POV Players Johnny Olivia Maddy Will Kaela Paras
Kaela won POV Drawbridge to Veto
Kaela did not use the POV
Maddy was SAVED 3-1
Johnny and Olivia were evicted in the Triple Eviction
TBD won HOH

The only reason people say Ryan was dead wood was because the shallow people in there couldn't be bothered to work with a fat older man. Ryan had to work hard to create some support every week from the start as the sheep were ready to put him up all the time. Pettiness is very annoying in Big Brother though I suppose people see it as part of the social experiment, but it works against better gameplay.

The real sheep in there have been others like Will, Maddy. Will and Ali have been real pieces of work with their tempers. Will is a joke, it just shows how stupid the house is that they think he's cool. His blowup over Ryan getting saved was hilarious, it showed him how he isn't as popular as he could like to think he is. Kaela was stupid as hell going after Ryan and was lucky there was a twist that let her change her nominations. Olivia I didn't mind, but unfortunately she associated herself with the toxic Ali. Erica had a weak second HoH just doing what the house wanted instead of trying to build an alliance against the duos.

There's nobody left who I really care that much about, Paras looks stupid playing up to the live feeders desperation for some controlling mastermind with her asides.

Last edited:
It was at least funny to see Ali getting evicted on Johnny's HoH, guess she wishes she hadn't agreed to the move to keep him now lol.

Oh and Maddy's best move is that she cries a lot, which reminds me of that horrible Michelle 'Big Meech' HG.

Being absolutely useless has worked well enough for Paras, Maddy and Will so far and I do like how this format still gets down to such small numbers, which means we now get to see those we've seen no game from all season for now have the chance to make deals to get them over the line, something Will has done since Thursday which could in theory secure him final 3 - and potentially final 2.

Maddy evicted 2-0 - Paras won HOH (by a landslide)

Back