Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada 6 - Discussion

Kingston

Canadian Royalty
So just finished watching the premiere... It literally flew by and felt very rushed... Outside of he HG's VT's I don't really have a good enough read on people to really say I'm rooting for anyone...

If they are tied to the 10 week timeline with the first eviction in the second episode they really need to look at expanding the two night premiere... Two single hour episodes is not enough...

So far the twist seems decent enough... I like the idea of hell being a blessing and a curse...

First week spoilers:

HoH: Johnny
PoV: Johnny
Evictee: Rozina

Gate Crashers:

Veronica and Merron

They are immune for 1 week and will enter the house via the DR... They cannot tell the anyone that they have been voted in by Canada and they must come up with a believable story...

Once again we've been rushed through the first week... The first eviction was extremely predictable and a major disappointment... I'm really not sold on the gate crashers... Overall I think this series has been a massive let down so far considering the hype leading in to it...

Last edited:
Loading all the viewing stuff onto my TV and checking this out over the weekend:)

Loading all the viewing stuff onto my TV and checking this out over the weekend:)

I downloaded BBViewer because it makes it easier to view the feeds vs the official site... I honestly could not get the episode they had loaded to play but I've managed to find a YouTube channel that has the last two episodes up... Not sure how long it will last though as they tend to be pretty quick at pulling that stuff down...

Reactions: kxk
I looked and the episodes on YouTube are no longer and I don't expect a lot for there moving forward... I do however know a source if you are only interested in the broadcast episodes that should be fairly reliable...

Reactions: kxk
Episode 2 probably the worst episode of all season - they can get away with the nominations, Veto and eviction in one episode later in the series as numbers dwindle but not with 14 HGs we do not know. It was just so rushed and really is no need for it when they could just hold the first eviction over a week. At the very least they needed one of the first two episodes to be two hours long.

Also meant I don't think we've seen the reaction of the HGs to the Have Not Room.

Anyway, early thoughts but Hamza was spot on with his assessment of the first eviction and seems the most likeable so far. A shame Rozina has gone so soon - by far the more interesting of the two nominees and indeed most the HMs too. Not too surprised with whom Canada voted in, though cruel on a Superfan to get so close and not get in. Their story was rubbish though - anyone who's gone through the process of being selected for BB knows it's not practical just to pick someone out of the crowd.

And this evening the house have called them out on it with a house meeting

Episode 2 probably the worst episode of all season - they can get away with the nominations, Veto and eviction in one episode later in the series as numbers dwindle but not with 14 HGs we do not know. It was just so rushed and really is no need for it when they could just hold the first eviction over a week. At the very least they needed one of the first two episodes to be two hours long.

Also meant I don't think we've seen the reaction of the HGs to the Have Not Room.

Anyway, early thoughts but Hamza was spot on with his assessment of the first eviction and seems the most likeable so far. A shame Rozina has gone so soon - by far the more interesting of the two nominees and indeed most the HMs too. Not too surprised with whom Canada voted in, though cruel on a Superfan to get so close and not get in. Their story was rubbish though - anyone who's gone through the process of being selected for BB knows it's not practical just to pick someone out of the crowd.

And this evening the house have called them out on it with a house meeting

Adding to the pacing issues is the fact that the next episode doesn't air until Monday... I understand the move from Slice to Global as ratings have doubled since the move... That said due to the fact that Canadian broadcast networks rely heavily on simsub of US network TV BB is sometimes more of a burden on Global than it would be on Slice...

That have-not room it's freaking brutal! I was watching the feeds last night after the new have-nots were chosen and they were making sleeping arrangements... With the pool of muck taking up so much room with the number of people sleeping in there they are literally sleeping in the doorway on thin yoga mats... BB also won't allow them on top of the box either...

Arguably too brutal - great idea and sounds good on paper but it does at least need to be practical. Last week there were at least 6 in there and we saw nothing of how they worked things out, especially for Will who must be about 6ft 20.

So great though to have access to a Big Brother with live feeds - even just watching a few minutes the other day of nothing particularly interesting happening was Big Brother at it's finest. Really though if it truly is a season "for the fans" they should be keeping their blackouts to an absolute minimum.

I'm not normally a big fan of this one anyway, but unanimous vote, the audience have to pick between two 'baddies' and two 'nice' as presented (predictable result) and then we have a HoH competition that just increases the do what the house wants influence which we see as usual.

I'm going to give this series another week before I make any decisions on whether or not to continue... So far I've found it rather underwhelming considering all the pre-season hype...

Even after an additional episode last night and some life feed watching here and there I really don't feel much of a connection to these people... Outside of a few characters I find the cast very bland... Given that some of the best casting in recent years has come out of the two series where Robyn Kass has been unavailable should be a sign that BBCAN should find someone new...

Just like BB5 I get the feeling this series has mostly been a phoned in effort... The house was reconstructed almost exactly from the previous studio... The main twist has been recycled from BB2 and BB4 with Canada choosing the final HG's... The heaven and hell theme really only existed for two episodes and we barely saw any of the fallout... For a series that faced what may have been a permanent hiatus they really don't seem to be trying to keep things interesting...

Even a poor phoned-in BB Canada though is still leagues ahead of BBUSA at the moment. I'm just hoping Andrew goes on Thursday as Hamza is one of the key early characters who at least is talking about playing the game, plus there are a couple of others who have potential - really liking the early signs from Paras.

Voting with the house though is so frustrating for the fans and if it does happen this week I think they need to get an early double eviction or instant eviction in so a vote can happen without any pre-planning (though they try and plan for every scenario).

Agree with your last statement though - just hope Heaven and Hell does resurface in other ways throughout. Wasn't keen on the nasty nature of the HoH comp too - that felt more BBUK than BBCanada and though I think it was played in good spirits by the houseguests it didn't particularly come across like that. Staging was awesome though!

Even a poor phoned-in BB Canada though is still leagues ahead of BBUSA at the moment.

I disagree... The first few weeks of BB19 and the majority of CBB were pretty decent compared to what's been delivered this series...

I just think it's too early to write it off yet - an unpopular and incompetent HM being HoH killed off the first live week really. The next week should be more entertaining.
Hamza is HoH

I think the issues so far are just standard week one problems, especially with BB Canada, for the reasons previously stated in this thread. Had they allowed the first week to play out over 5 episodes rather than 2, and had a couple of less HMs, I think the first week would be all that more satisfying.

I just think it's too early to write it off yet - an unpopular and incompetent HM being HoH killed off the first live week really. The next week should be more entertaining.
Hamza is HoH

I think the issues so far are just standard week one problems, especially with BB Canada, for the reasons previously stated in this thread. Had they allowed the first week to play out over 5 episodes rather than 2, and had a couple of less HMs, I think the first week would be all that more satisfying.

Just like the last HoH rumor has it the house majority is still in power...

... So far I've found it rather underwhelming considering all the pre-season hype......

Agreed Kingston. I do usually like BBCAN but its just a bit... tired?

The gatecrashers were too obvious/ badly done and too soon.... the first 2 evictions way too obvious and whilst they have (may) some good characters ...
The whole en masse voting block doesn't make for good viewing.

Oh and I LOATHE any one who says there is a cool kids group.

Assassinate now.

Hamze reminds me of Adele ... Paras reminds me of Neda (although I dont think she’s anywhere near as cluey re the game but time will tell - she was cluey enough to want to talk to the HOH without her sidekick present - thus playing both sides and ensuring the HOH doesnt think of them as a showmance in the way Derek and Kayla are

Hamze will either backdoor someone after pitting the rooms against one another or his big move will be doing what was already theconsensus of the house anyway proving hes full of it with his big move talk

Whilst I think Ryan is an idiot why would Hamze think of nominating him “because he put me up last week” .... ummmm didnt he volunteer to be put up?! You stick your hand up you’re going to be going up!

Maybe because I see it without any ads but the show seems to be moving along at a quick pace

Is anyone watching the feeds at all? Any goss ?

Yes, anyone watching the feeds knows both your theories regarding this weeks eviction are wrong. What is annoying about the show schedule is the week has actually played out on the feeds before the first episode of the week even airs as the Veto meeting is done on Monday mornings, and it is usually pretty much a done deal over how the vote will go. It should at least be a split vote this week but I don't think it'll be close at all - probably 8-3 or 9-2.

Back