Big Brother Australia Memorabilia and Articles Thread

back after a bit of a break, here's the OS gif of the BB2005 floor plan:

house-360-3.gif

a big BB2005 Housemates Poster:
img252.jpg

img253.jpg

img254.jpg

img255.jpg

BB2006 Launch. Also, very interesting like BB2003 there was originally an extra housemate that never entered the house - Gina, who couldn't go in as she had glandular fever during lockdown (sounds like something much alike what's going down 15 years later). Do you think she might've made it far? Who Knows. Krystal is on the Cover of TVGuide.

img231.jpg

img232.jpg

img233.jpg

Everyone always talks about Jamie… IMO this one 🤤

View attachment 57475
He was very cute but didn't he have some shit views? Homophobe or something?

Wait wait wait!

Dino, the handsome Croatian refugee who’s been accused by his fellow housemates of being sexist, racist, homophobic and a bit of a bitch. What a guy. Did I mention he was hot?

You must read this from Sydney gay rag the Star Observer: https://www.starobserver.com.au/news/national-news/new-south-wales-news/brotherly-love/9798

I'd put money on him being an antivaxxer these days too.

He was very cute but didn't he have some shit views? Homophobe or something?
I remember him having a bit of a douchey reputation but that’s as far as my memory goes.

Even if he is a homophobe I learned long ago not to give a shit about them. If anything my lust for him is just going to piss him off more than his homophobia will me.

^^ see link above
15 years can change a person. Based on my quick Google search and look at his Twitter... He lives in California and seems to support the Democratic party. I've not seen anti or pro vax content on his page but I think it's safe to say it's a no.

15 years can change a person. Based on my quick Google search and look at his Twitter... He lives in California and seems to support the Democratic party. I've not seen anti or pro vax content on his page but I think it's safe to say it's a no.
Maybe you've got a shot after all?

I remember hating Dino. I'm not attracted to him at all physically. John from BB6 was more my type but I'd even prefer Jamie over Dino any day.

Ah, the good ol days of BB being plastered in print media and almost being inescapable when out and about.

I remember hating Dino. I'm not attracted to him at all physically. John from BB6 was more my type but I'd even prefer Jamie over Dino any day.
I found Jamie not the slightest bit attractive. His dick could not make up for that. I did think Dino was hot but his personal views ended up cancelling that out.

And although I don't think we should tolerate the intolerant at least back then you could have housemates with controversial views without it either being the centre of the show and a series being built around them as a hate figure, or as is generally the case with Seven nobodies personal views on any matter of importance ever actually making it to air.

Society in general, and this is reflected in BBUK and BBUSA of the era too, was more willing to give people a chance to learn lessons in their own time and in the case of Big Brother face up to their own prejudices in the house. A situation like Kent (openly homophobic) and Bunky (opnely gay) in BB2 USA becoming great friends just wouldn't happen now because as soon as it's discovered a housemate tweeted something which might be deemed homophobic back in 2009 the pressure is on to throw them out of the house.

I remember the big deal about the promos for Terri in BB2008 being a Pauline Hanson fan, but then again the casting for 2008 was a bit cray cray on purpose I think, that was a kinda bizarre year in some aspects.

And although I don't think we should tolerate the intolerant at least back then you could have housemates with controversial views without it either being the centre of the show and a series being built around them as a hate figure, or as is generally the case with Seven nobodies personal views on any matter of importance ever actually making it to air.

Society in general, and this is reflected in BBUK and BBUSA of the era too, was more willing to give people a chance to learn lessons in their own time and in the case of Big Brother face up to their own prejudices in the house. A situation like Kent (openly homophobic) and Bunky (opnely gay) in BB2 USA becoming great friends just wouldn't happen now because as soon as it's discovered a housemate tweeted something which might be deemed homophobic back in 2009 the pressure is on to throw them out of the house.
I’m not sure about the live feeds at the time but what Kent said on the show wasn’t considered extreme or controversial in 2001.

Back