Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia Memorabilia and Articles Thread

"Openly" might give the wrong impression but he certainly admitted he was in his pre-show VTs and in-house diaries and how it was a learning experience for him.

"Openly" might give the wrong impression but he certainly admitted he was in his pre-show VTs and in-house diaries and how it was a learning experience for him.
I still say Kent spoke for a lot of Americans at the time when he called people in the LGBTQ+ communities, looked down his nose at “alternative lifestyles”, and said I don’t want that around my family. 2001 was still the very early stages of the push for mainstream acceptance.

I think part of the reason you’d never see a storyline like that again is because an awakening like Kent’s simply wouldn’t happen.

Last edited:
That's sadly true. It would be nice to think it is the case society is much more tolerant 20 years on - and I'd say despite some voices in the media they probably are in greater numbers at least - but those with such views seem even more embedded in them now and less reluctant to move, emboldened by finding light minded bigots on social media who convince them they're the ones being persecuted.

That's sadly true. It would be nice to think it is the case society is much more tolerant 20 years on - and I'd say despite some voices in the media they probably are in greater numbers at least - but those with such views seem even more embedded in them now and less reluctant to move, emboldened by finding light minded bigots on social media who convince them they're the ones being persecuted.
Exactly my point. If a person like Kent in todays climate wants to call people in the LGBTQ+ community “freaks and weirdos” there’s no convincing them otherwise. That’s the way it is and they’ll fight you to the death because it’s their right. That said I don’t think there’s been a better time to be gay, lesbian, bi, or queer… We still have a ways to go in terms of gender non-conforming and trans acceptance.

Also, very interesting like BB2003 there was originally an extra housemate that never entered the house - Gina, who couldn't go in as she had glandular fever during lockdown (sounds like something much alike what's going down 15 years later)
Oh for fucks sake... I've been wondering for the longest time why someone dropped out ever since the launch show had Gretel teasing that someone dropped out for mysterious reasons - and this was the reason. Gretel made is sound scandalous.

If this doesn't autoskip to the timecode - go to 3m50s.

Back after another little break, Here's a TVWEEK Cover from December 2006 (Then I've got a whole lot of (mostly TVWeek stuff) from 2007 coming up):

img068.jpg

Part of a 2007 preview, and funny in retrospect, Sonia pictured on the same page as Gretel (for DWTS), little did we know then Big Brother would reboot on not one but two different networks with Sonia as Host.

img042.jpg

Some 2007 Housemate Poster PDF's:

BB-Poster-07.jpg

BB-Poster-07-week3.jpg

I didn't want to be on BB but I still bought a bunch of Starburst that season, just to see if I could win a key 🤪

I didn't want to be on BB but I still bought a bunch of Starburst that season, just to see if I could win a key 🤪
That special show to pick the winner was funny, The BBBA Podcast had a field day with that one and Gretel going 'quick quick over here Golden boy' to the stagehand or something soundbite iirc.

NT would have to be one of the least represented States/Territories wouldn't it? (Next to ACT). TJ, wasn't Tahan (2013) originally from there too. and where was Dixie (2008) from again? That I can think of on the spot.

NT would have to be one of the least represented States/Territories wouldn't it? (Next to ACT). TJ, wasn't Tahan (2013) originally from there too. and where was Dixie (2008) from again? That I can think of on the spot.
Dixie was from Dubbo, NSW and yes Tahan was marketed as being from Darwin, NT.

68682C47-68DB-455D-B630-62D6CFBA65B6.jpeg
This beauty came in the post today, super cool being able to watch back footage from 2001-2003 in a resolution higher than 360p. You even get a peek of Peter Abbot’s penis for a second, highly recommend grabbing this if you can find an eBay listing.

View attachment 57489
This beauty came in the post today, super cool being able to watch back footage from 2001-2003 in a resolution higher than 360p. You even get a peek of Peter Abbot’s penis for a second, highly recommend grabbing this if you can find an eBay listing.
The multi-angle Launch and Eviction show episodes are worth it alone.

Yeah I remember that DVD too, you could also view things from the different camera angles on the BB2003 house map or something too.

Back with more BB07: Funny who the TVWeek Staff thought would be the most interesting Housemates of the year:

Screen-Shot-2022-01-05-at-12-19-03-pm.png

Screen-Shot-2022-01-05-at-12-20-00-pm.png

Screen-Shot-2022-01-05-at-12-21-44-pm.png

Here's one about Hayley sneaking onto the show without telling anyone in her family. Kinda a discussion point on the Rewatch thread atm. Also Thomas was both freshly separated and had an ex 'waiting for him' on the outside, then of course him and Susannah had a thing... messy (another article below on Susannah's boyfriend).

img161.jpg

img182.jpg

img183.jpg

Back