Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia Media Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Brother staying mum on South Australian housemates

Matt Gilbertson

August 11, 201210:00PM

TELEVISION'S original reality TV show is just one sleep away from its return to television screens, but so far Big Brother has kept mum on who the South Australian housemates will be.

The final cast line-up will be revealed live on the show tomorrow night, and it is believed an excess of housemates were taken into "lock-down" last week.

That was designed to prevent leaks about housemate details but two locals are hotly tipped to make an entrance during tomorrow's season premiere.

One is rumoured to be Lucas Pittaway, the actor plucked from obscurity while shopping at Elizabeth who went on to draw rave reviews for his portrayal of Jamie Vlassakis in the film Snowtown.

Channel 9 sources say Lucas and his brother Paul Bale made a splash at the auditions earlier this year and were the topic of much discussion with producers during casting.

When attempts were made to contact Lucas this week, the Sunday Mail was told he was "unavailable for an interview" by his management, leading to further speculation that he is one of the secret 14 housemates.

The other rumoured South Australian is Josh Moore, who works at radio station Nova 919 as a Casanova. Like Lucas, Josh was unable to be contacted this week. Some co-workers at the station were told he was holidaying in Bali.

Channel 9 will be counting on the diverse mix of housemates to ensure compelling viewing and Big Brother himself has promised that they will be worth tuning in for.

"This year's housemates are a mixture of funny, intelligent and interesting people," Big Brother said.

"They've been chosen to entertain the audience and inspire opinion . Big Brother is a social experiment but with a competitive edge. I'll be ensuring the competition is rewarding."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/enter...alian-housemates/story-e6fredpu-1226448272031

Big Brother staying mum on South Australian housemates

Matt Gilbertson

August 11, 201210:00PM

One is rumoured to be Lucas Pittaway, the actor plucked from obscurity while shopping at Elizabeth who went on to draw rave reviews for his portrayal of Jamie Vlassakis in the film Snowtown.

The other rumoured South Australian is Josh Moore, who works at radio station Nova 919 as a Casanova. Like Lucas, Josh was unable to be contacted this week. Some co-workers at the station were told he was holidaying in Bali.

So I guess we won't be seeing either of them now? ;)

Big Brother set to take control

Debbies Schipp
August 12, 201212:00AM

IT seemed like a fair deal: To get the first pictures inside the new Big Brother house, I'd have to go in.

152652-big-brother-2012-house.jpg

First look at Big Brother house, with its 70s style exterior of the kitchen wing, complete with obligatory swan planter made from an old tyre. Picture: Southern Star Supplied

It seemed like a fair deal: To get the first pictures inside the new Big Brother house, I'd have to go in.

And stay in. With 13 other "fake" housemates so the BB team could test their cameras and go through their paces before the real thing starts tomorrow.

155736-big-brother-2012-house.jpg
152663-big-brother-2012-house.jpg

"I. Am. Not. Showering. Nude," was my reply. Followed by: "I'm in."

As our exclusive, first-look pictures inside the new BB house show, the accommodation's far from shabby.

The kitchen, with its "past" theme, is retro personified a blinding aqua that on a good day I could handle after a strong coffee, but could not contemplate with a hangover.

A kitsch trip down memory lane, it has everything except a dishwasher, much to the consternation of my Gen Y housemates.

On arrival it also lacked food, save a few canapies and a glug of champagne the male housemates hadn't demolished.

BB controls the rations, and he wasn't providing this early.

The garden themed present if you can ignore the kitchen's 70s style facade has a gym, barbecue nook and pool with island-style seating just made for thinking you're having a private conversation as you drop indiscretions into BB's ear.

We tried and failed to locate a spa. BB's hidden it somewhere.

152688-big-brother-2012-house.jpg

Into the future-themed lounge room. No TV or music. Housemates are forced to talk to each other. Awkward.

You quickly forget the cameras. The only reminder is the one-way mirror area that tracks the length of every wall. On the other side of these camera-runs, mobile cameramen dressed as ninjas so you can't see them, scurry about catching every move.

Into the bedroom, all soft purples and greys, very future themed.

Our immediate future was the fact it was dominated by double beds.

I rapidly did the maths. Seven blokes, seven girls. Looks like someone's sharing with the opposite sex. Weird when you've just met and can't do the ghost in the morning.

I used to think I could win BB.

I'd be the cool housemate, rising above petty drama, throwing in the occasional wisecrack.

I wouldn't last two days. Sixteen hours was more than enough.

I went in testy, sick of waiting around, being told to move here, sit there, not talk.

I wasn't in charge and I didn't like it.

I thought: "I should be more patient than this," rapidly followed by "I live too much in my own head for this" rapidly followed by "What if I blurt this out loud?"

I'd handed BB my phone, handbag, books, cigarettes and 24-7 access to email and Twitter, treating the experience like a long-haul flight.

Within two hours (well, I think it was two hours you quickly lose all concept of time) I was desperate for that phone.

The biggest challenge facing the new crop of BB housemates could well be one not experienced before in Australian BB.

The rise and rise of smartphones here has put the internet and contact with the world at our fingertips 24/7.

In here, BB pulls the strings, and provides information, or doesn't, whenever he damn well feels like it.

Somewhere along the line, I handed over my dignity.

Far scarier than the minutes it takes to forget the cameras is the speed with which you stop thinking for yourself and submit to Big Brother.

When I broke the previously unknown "lying on the floor too long" rule, I meekly headed to the glass-walled "naughty corner" to serve out my "punishment" of blowing up balloons.

In the toilet, I just prayed the cameras were unmonitored as producers promised.

When there was not hot water to wash up, rather than ask if there was a problem we assumed BB was flexing his muscle.

We didn't negotiate. We didn't ask.

At bedtime, when the lights stayed stubbornly on, we bitched, but nobody asked BB to turn the damn things off.

Jolted awake by the sounds of a chainsaw, five of us lurched, yawning and barefoot towards the Diary Room.

BB told us to pack our bags.

We wanted to get dressed. But BB hadn't told us to, so we didn't.

We emerged blinking into the outside world, pyjama-clad, sleepy-faced, wild-haired in a submissive walk of shame.

Capitulation was complete.

You win, Big Brother.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/enterta...-to-take-control/story-e6frf96f-1226448145809

Nine's success hangs on Big Brother

Date August 12, 2012
Christine Sams

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...big-brother-20120811-24178.html#ixzz23Fflr8DT
EB-KrugerLW-20120811192705645199-620x349.jpg

Hit or miss ... Sonia Kruger. Photo: Janie Barrett

He is an expensive and mysterious TV star, with a deep and distinctive voice, charged with the responsibility of winning the second half of the ratings season. Can the reappearance of Big Brother help turn around the troubled fortunes of Channel Nine?

The network is still facing a February deadline for its $2.7 billion debt. Things looked promising after the phenomenal ratings success of The Voice and viewer numbers have been strong for the Olympics, despite a lukewarm critical reception.

But staging the Games coverage has come at a price. Nine's managing director, Jeff Browne, told The Sun-Herald the loss from Games coverage would be ''less than $20 million''.

Clearly, the network needs Big Brother to be a hit.

The format, which is famed worldwide, was first screened by Ten in Australia in 2001, before being cancelled after eight seasons.

For the ninth Big Brother, Channel Nine is promising to deliver something completely different to the sleaze and scandal that became the show's trademark.

Nine's first promo advertisement for the new show, one of the best the the Nine Network has produced, showed the new host Sonia Kruger and a group of potential contestants shuffling to an LMFAO song, while making it clear that muscled-up boofheads and plastic surgery princesses were not welcome.

If Nine delivers what it has promised - a range of housemates diverse in age, occupation and culture - the show has the potential to be a massive hit. If not, it is sure to cause disappointment.

Young Australians, aged from about 10 to 14, are already showing a strong interest in the show on social media sites because they did not see it the first time around or are too young to recognise the recycled format.

The new contestants will be unveiled at the Big Brother house on the Gold Coast tomorrow night with Kruger at the helm.

Expect features such as the diary room, communal showers and, of course, Big Brother's booming voice, to return.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...big-brother-20120811-24178.html#ixzz23FfFXXCU

Interesting... So it must be possible for a secret couple to win as a pair.

Sonia Kruger is nervous about hosting Channel Nine's revamp of Big Brother

Debbie Schipp
August 12, 201212:00AM

249947-sonia-kruger.jpg

Big Brother host Sonia Kruger at the show's new-look house at Dreamworld on the Gold Coast yesterday. Picture: Luke Marsden Sunday Herald Sun

SONIA Kruger came face-to-face with the role she defected to Channel Nine for yesterday, stepping into the Big Brother house for the first time.

Poolside at the new house for the revamp of the show on which Nine's hopes for winning the ratings this year could ride, Kruger admitted to nerves ahead of taking up her hosting duties tonight.

"It feels like its been a long time now and I really want it to start," she said.

More:Gallery: Inside Big Brother's new house

"There are nerves. I want it to be a fantastic show and I don't want to let anyone down."

Kruger left the Seven network last year, and her post as co-host on Dancing With The Stars to join Nine.

There are nerves. I want it to be a fantastic show and I don't want to let anyone down

She is co-host of Nine's Mornings show, but the key to her defection was the chance to host Big Brother. It has been an eight-month wait to take up the plum role.

"It does feel good to finally be here," Kruger said. "The time is right. It's not quite my birthday, that's later this month, but I kind of feel like that."

Kruger will send the BB housemates in tonight, before an audience of about 2000, ahead of the show's debut tomorrow night.

Having now seen the house, which follows the themes of 'past' in the kitchen, 'present' in the pool and garden, and 'future' in the lounge, bathroom and bedroom, she wants to move in.

"That kitchen area and facade is a total flashback," she said. "My parents had that green laminex. We had that chain mailbox. That swan tyre plant holder. It's all coming back."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/enterta...p-of-big-brother/story-e6frf9ho-1226448252492

DEAR Big Brother, I can't wait to see you again.

Siobhan Duck
August 13, 201212:00AM

I've missed you.

Sure our tumultuous, seven-year relationship ended on a bad note, but I am hoping this time it will be different.

The time we've had apart has given me the chance to reminisce about the good times we shared. And there were lots of them. Bunny-eared Sara Marie's "bum dancing". Marty and Jess's ill-fated romance. Farmer Dave's emotional coming out.

Time has, thankfully, eroded the darker memories of turkey slapping. The hideous up-late smut. And Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O's involvement in the show altogether.

I pray that Channel 9 will return things to their glory days when quirky characters roamed the house, love blossomed in the most unlikely of places and the most heated exchanges were over cleaning the toilet or how to dole out the food rations.

But there's something about getting a glimpse into a complete stranger's life, for just a few stolen moments, that is intriguing

At its best, Big Brother was compelling, in the same way that finding yourself next to someone on the train having a spat with their boyfriend on the phone is a distracting way to pass the commute home.

Who doesn't love listening in on those sorts of conversations?

Hell, I even enjoy some of the boring ones. Just last week I listened, with keen interest, to a woman lecture some poor soul on the other end of the line about how to reorder their jeans in a neat pile.

But there's something about getting a glimpse into a complete stranger's life, for just a few stolen moments, that is intriguing.

For me the BB house is like those illicit public transport eavesdropping encounters.

This doesn't mean I want to forge long-term or serious relationships with any of these people. My interest in the minutiae of the BB housemates' lives exists purely for the duration of their stay in the TV house. While they're on the TV, I am swallowed up in the drama of their lives, gripped by the simmering tension over the last chocolate biscuit. The stolen glances between two young things after one too many Bacardi Breezers.

Yet, once they're evicted from the house, I lose interest.

Perhaps that's because, more often than not, most of them go from passionate biscuit crusader to just another fame-hungry wannabe, going to the opening of an envelope and posing for lads' mags. (Chrissie Swan, Blair McDonough, Ryan Fitzgerald and Peter Timbs being the notable exceptions, of course.)

But, let's be honest, for every Swan, there's a Krystal Forscutt using BB to springboard a career posing in their undies. Or, worse still, without them.

The amusing flash-mob dancing ads and the securing of Sonia Kruger to host had given me, and the many other closet fans, real hope that Big Brother would not stoop to its old terrain of casting attention-seeking, surgically enhanced dimwits.

Sadly, the revelation that the buxom, blonde Ruby Jacenko was earmarked to be a contestant has been a dampener.

As a Lingerie Football League pin-up and former love interest of Australia's Got Talent's Brian McFadden, Jacenko's casting seems pretty much in line with old-school Big Brother.

Didn't Nine assure us that it wouldn't be casting any posers and fame-seekers in the house?

Are we to be subjected to another bunch of bikini-clad morons and freaks sunning themselves by the pool before getting drunk and nuding up?

God, I hope not. I think we've moved past peeping-tom TV. There's nothing entertaining about watching people showering. And I'm pretty sure that Lara Bingle has filled the prime-time TV quota of time spent on the toilet for 2012.

To be frank, I am not remotely interested in seeing people naked on the telly.

From there it seems to be just a slippery slope to the sort of debauched shenanigans that had talkback callers baying for blood and then PM John Howard calling for the show to be axed.

Please, Big Brother, learn from the mistakes of the past.

I really don't want to have to again face awkward questions from my parents' friends about what a "turkey slap" is. For the record, I didn't know either until

Big Brother.

I hope this time I won't be forced to learn any other new terms for lewd sex acts.

I'd be happy with a spot of PG-rated "bum dancing".

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion...-be-entertaining/story-e6frfhqf-1226448706976

From The Australian

Why I welcome the return of Big Brother

by: Gretel Killeen
August 13, 201212:00AM

LET'S start by hugging the elephant in the room.

Eleven years ago, yes that long ago, I hosted the first series of Big Brother on Australian TV. Tonight, a new series of BB begins on a different network with a different host in a different decade. I'm often asked how I think it will fare. Truth is, while I am occasionally psychic, my gift tends to be unreliable and often only retrospectively correct, so I have no choice but to guess.

I choose to guess it will be a great success because BB is a strong format and Sonia Kruger will be a terrific host. I choose to be positive because I'm tired of Australians unhealthily wishing failure on one another in vacuous displays of schadenfreude, a possible ironic consequence of 11 years of reality TV colliding with a nation suffering low self-esteem.

But what would I know? I come from a family that believed colour TV was a passing fad, and in the time that has passed since BB first hit our screens, both the world and this nation have changed.

In early 2001, we had MSN, not Facebook, a tweet was the noise made by a bird, 9/11 was just a date, and a vote for a BB participant was via SMS or a phone call, the equivalent nowadays of sending forth a carrier pigeon with a carved stone tablet attached to its ankle. There were no iPhones or iPads; in fact the letter "i" still belonged to "us". John Howard was prime minister, a GFC was inconceivable and representation of our population on television was largely contained to heterosexual WASPs.

Into this world came a simple television format, a pioneer of private becoming public, an anthropologist's delight. Twelve brave strangers living in a house together for 12 weeks, their only contact with the outside world being the voice of Big Brother, with one person evicted each week until a winner emerged. For observers it was an intriguing experiment. For participants it was an extreme psychological adventure.

Since 2001, the genre has spawned books, documentaries, even doctorates. Yet definition of the genre remains elusive and arbitrary, covering to this day the gamut from the mega-million-making Kardashians, to the heart-warming The Voice, to the truly ridiculous The Shire (which claimed to be soft-scripted dramality, ie, not real at all.)

But then again when did the term "reality" ever correctly refer to the genre that took its name? With the handpicking of participants, already a subset representing only those who are desirous of such attention and scrutiny, the contrivance of premise, the inevitable editing of footage and the participants' instant elevation to celebrity, the world could have been done a favour if the genre were simply called "unreality".

This is a matter of semantics, perhaps, until we accept that some of the vulnerable in our community do believe that "reality TV" is real. As a possible result of witnessing ordinary people catapulted to the extraordinary, many now believe fame is a goal in itself, attainable by everyone, with little aptitude, diligence or skill required. And indeed for 15 minutes it is. Your moments in the spotlight can be achieved today by accumulating likes on your Facebook page or posting a viral video of your cat. But the fact remains the day will inevitably come when such "minimal effort" won't move you up any ladder at all, and then the illusion of movement can only be created by pulling others down.

It may be argued that the transformation of real people into "characters" on reality shows, and its concomitant audience voting and criticism, has penetrated our society, encouraging us to disrespect and ridicule others with a wide and unconstructive brush. But none of this makes reality TV endemically evil. Go Back to Where You Came From is reality television and it's bloody brilliant.

So yes, I wish Big Brother well but success won't be easy. Gone are the days when it was the only show of its genre. The next few weeks will reveal a plethora, from The X Factor to Don't Tell The Bride. Why the abundance? The formats are expensive, the crews highly skilled and the production values excellent, so economic frugality is not the reason.

The answer, then, is simply because audiences watch reality TV. Herein, of course, lies the chicken and egg conundrum, because an alternative genre can't be watched until provided, and an alternative won't be provided as long as reality TV is watched.

We dine from the TV menu provided, but not all reality-TV offerings are junk food. The genre, while often maligned, has given us real heroes, representation of our racial, cultural and sexual diversity, and impetus to discuss our once closeted socio-political views.

Future reality TV will evolve, occasionally mutate but never become extinct (especially since the search for life on Mars promises such fabulous new participants).

Gretelkilleen.com.au @Gretelkilleen

In early 2001, we had MSN, not Facebook, a tweet was the noise made by a bird, 9/11 was just a date, and a vote for a BB participant was via SMS or a phone call, the equivalent nowadays of sending forth a carrier pigeon with a carved stone tablet attached to its ankle. There were no iPhones or iPads; in fact the letter "i" still belonged to "us". John Howard was prime minister, a GFC was inconceivable and representation of our population on television was largely contained to heterosexual WASPs

loved this paragraph. Big Brother.. from one decade to the next.

Terror suspect considered for Big Brother AU 2012

Just heard this on the radio. Did a Google search and came up with this. Some of the facts are obviously wrong in regards to BB absence from out tv etc

"THE first man charged with terrorism in Australia after September 11 was in the running to be a Big Brother housemate and says he has been asked to reapply for the Gold Coast based reality show next year.

Zeky "Zak" Mallah, 29, was in talks with Southern Star Entertainment's casting producer about entering the house under the false name Allan, before "dropping the bombshell" on contestants that he had once been an aspiring jihadist, the Herald Sun reports.

A Big Brother source said Mallah had not made the short list of 25, but had made it through stages of the audition process.

The controversial show returns to TV tonight after a three-year break.

Mallah was found not guilty of terrorism charges when he was cleared of planning an attack on a Commonwealth office in 2005.

A NSW Supreme Court jury accepted Mallah was an attention-seeker, not a terrorist. But he was jailed for two years after pleading guilty to a lesser charge of threatening an ASIO officer.
The Australian-born Muslim said he made threats in "frustration" at being prevented from travelling to Lebanon to see family.

He was denied a passport because of his involvement in an extremist Islamic Youth Movement.

"I was just a young 18-year-old loudmouth fighting for my passport," he said.

"I am a very changed person since my trial. My friends are no longer religious. I would have liked to get the chance for people to see the real me in the Big Brother house," Mallah said.

Mallah said producers had invited him to try again.

Channel 9 confirmed Mallah had been considered."

Nine's social experiment begins

Miranda Cashin | 13th August 2012 8:35 PM

BB_web_fct1022x629x2x195_t325.jpg

COULD the next Sara-Marie, Fitzy, Pete Timbs and Jess and Marty be among the latest crop of Big Brother housemates?

From a towering country-girl, to a pint-sized geek who has never been kissed, a British sexpot and a feisty skater-girl with a humanitarian heart, it is vibrant and varied mix of personalities that entered the house tonight, each with a hidden secret.

From 20,000 Big Brother hopefuls, 10 entered the rebuilt house with the promise of four more boys to walk through the doors tomorrow night.

Hidden in the parlour, Big Brother in his deep booming voice informed the seven girls of the boys' secrets and instructed them their task was to match the secret to the boy.

One is hiding great wealth, another great intelligence and another an extreme fear of birds following an emu attack.

Now on the Nine network four years after Channel 10 retired the long-running reality series, and new host Sonia Kruger is at the helm.

Kruger has a lot riding on the success of the rebooted series, risking it all to switch networks from Seven to Nine to host Big Brother.

Dressed in neon pink heels and shiny silver pants the svelte host was all smiles and confidence as she met the housemates for the first time.

Her smile didn't falter even during a filming mishap where a small firework got the show off to a fiery start after fire extinguishes were needed to put out a small roof fire on set. A good omen according to BB narrator Mike Goldman who described Kruger as "on fire."

The set has been revamped, and has an almost James Bond feel with a disco edge.

The house this year boasts a bunch of secret rooms and is decked out with a '50s kitchen and Opera House-inspired lounge room and a floating pool island.

Spotted at the launch night filming was former 2008 Big Brother winner Terri Munro, who was nicknamed the "naughty nanna" of the house.

The first live episode of Big Brother airs tomorrow night at 7pm on Nine/WIN.

Big Brother House Mates So Far:
Michael (Brisbane)
Sarah
Angie
Zoe
Lalya (Brisbane)
Charne (Gold Coast)
Josh
Stacey
Estelle
Bradley

http://www.warwickdailynews.com.au/story/2012/08/13/nines-social-experiment-begins/

Juvenile offender, genius in Big Brother

20:00 AEST Mon Aug 13 2012

A juvenile offender, a multimillionaire and a genius are among the 14 housemates starring in the new series of Big Brother.

The catch is, none of the housemates know who they are.

Only 10 of the 14 housemates that will occupy the Gold Coast house as part of the new Network Nine series were let in tonight, including three men and seven women.

The group was initially divided according to gender, with the women secretly watching their male housemates from a private room before meeting them.

Big Brother told the women that each of the male housemates was holding a secret and gave them the task to figure out which one belonged to whom.

One of the male housemates is hiding the secret that he has dated more than 100 women while another has a secret fear of birds after being attacked by an emu.

The women must also work out who is secretly a juvenile offender, a multimillionaire and who has a genius IQ.

Kruger later revealed to viewers that the multimillionaire was not yet in the house but the female housemates are not aware of this.

The women must correctly match the secrets with the male contestants in order to avoid being put up for elimination in the first round.

The first housemate to go into the house was 26-year-old red-head Michael, who was left to explore by himself as the women were let into a room with TV screens where they could watch his every move.

The next three housemates introduced were 30-year-old car saleswoman Sarah, 21-year-old sales representative Angela and 23-year-old farmer Zoe.

Zoe told Kruger that she had not told her family or friends that she was going into the Big Brother house and they would find out along with the rest of Australia.

Joining the girls was Layla, 24, who described herself as a "half-English, half-Maori, adopted Aussie" and only arrived in Australia from the UK in February.

The final three females were 31-year-old pin up girl Charne, 23-year-old law student Estelle and 24-year-old accounts manager Stacy.

The two men who eventually joined Michael were 18-year-old "check out chick" and self-described geek Bradley, who has never had a girlfriend, and 28-year-old musician and surfer Josh.

Sources: Big Brother.
Author: Alys Francis. Approving editor: Fiona Willan.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/8515746/juvenile-offender-genius-in-big-brother

Channel 9's launch of Big brother 2012 sends social media all twittering

530688-big-brother-2012-launch-night.jpg

CHANNEL 9's risky move to reboot controversial reality series, Big Brother is expected to be rewarded, after Twitter traffic and preview feedback sent social media into meltdown over its launch.

In the shadow of a stunning "miss" by Ten's shinyfloor series, Everybody Dance Now, which premiered to dismal ratings last night, media analysts and BB loyalists trumpeted the show's spectacular return to the form which made it one of Australia's favourite TV obsessions on debut in 2001.

As a pyrotechnics fault got the series off to a firey start, it was Twitter which exploded next, praising the performance of host Sonia Kruger and delivering on the enormous marketing push Nine has invested in its most important post-Olympics ratings hope.

The first phase of housemates - chosen this year for the secrets they keep - were set their weekly task: with the girls asked to match a one-line identity to each of the seven male contestants.

The "secret" teasers mean the mystery men include: a multi-millionaire, a juvenile offender and a rogue employee who has been fired from every job he has ever had.

Fan blogs have worked hard to uncover who the housemates were before they were locked inside the Dreamworld site, with more details gleaned about the BB hopefuls from online forums yesterday.

Brisbane copywriter "Michael", the first contestant sent into the house this year, is believed to have sacrificed a seven-year relationship to try his luck with Big Brother, hoping to further a media career off the back of the show.

Adding an international guest for the first time, Manchester lass "Layla" was an early favourite with social media, polarising viewers along gender lines (not surprisingly blokes seemed to love the buxom brunette).

Two more contestants will be embedded in the house tonight, with the final pair on Wednesday night.

Kruger set the right tone for the new series, revelling in the live (albeit pre-recorded) format - a fantastic showcase for her widely-respected talent for comic timing.

Gone is the school m'aam attitude of former host Gretel Killeen, with the statuesque Mornings host also likely to dodge the kind of costuming criticism Killeen drew on an almost nightly basis.

Blog about Big Brother with Holly Byrnes from 12.30pm today (Tuesday).

If social media buzz is any measure, Big Brother 2012 is poised to be just the springboard Channel 9 needs to maintain its post-Games momentum - and more importantly, seal it the win in the 2012 ratings race.

The 7pm timeslot has proven an unexpected windfall for Nine, with The Block and The Voice Australia setting up a stronger performance for its other programming.

Off screen, the battle is just as fierce with Queensland's Gold Coast displaying the signs of the Nine v Seven turf war.

With Dreamworld reclaiming its title as "home of Big Brother", local billboards and bus signage around Surfers Paradise told Seven's story - saturating the area with advertising for The X Factor.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...ng/story-e6frfmyi-1226449531232#ixzz23QR3t1Rr

Big Brother has so far welcomed only one South Australian into his 2012 house

631414-big-brother-2012-launch-night.jpg

597804-big-brother-2012-launch-night.jpg

Entertainment Editor Jessica Leo
AdelaideNow
August 13, 20129:30PM

SOUTH Australia's sole Big Brother representative to date is an aspiring musician and a bit of a hit with the ladies, according to his mates.

A self-confessed serial flirt, Adelaidean Josh Moore was last night released into the new Big Brother house on the Gold Coast, along with nine other fellow contestants.

But the big question is whether Australians will again embrace the series, which slipped from our screens in 2008.

Channel 9 bosses are taking a big risk reviving the old format but expect social media to add a boost to Big Brother.

The social media experiment is so far working - when the debut episode was aired on Sunday night, sites such as Twitter were abuzz with positive feedback for the show.

Moore is no stranger to the limelight, having fronted Adelaide bands including The Touch and, most recently Messrs. But as with all the housemates, he's heading into the house with a secret.

On last night's episode, the men's secrets were revealed - from dating more than 100 women to being a multi-millionaire; but just which among the seven revelations belongs to Josh is unknown - for now.

By day, the 28-year-old works at radio station Nova 91.9, heading out to the streets for the breakfast team; and it was on assignment that he came to audition for Big Brother, according to workmate Zoe Burdett.

"He was actually at the Big Brother auditions working for Nova; but we had a feeling Big Brother would love him, so we filled out an application form and sent him into the line to audition," she said.

"We all thought he was on a surf trip in Bali, so are shocked and excited to see him in the house representing Adelaide," Ms Burdett said. Two more contestants will be embedded in the house tonight, with the final pair tomorrow night.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/moore-fun-in-the-house/story-e6frea6u-1226449599226

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back