Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Promos, Trailers & Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no idea this was happening. After the dumpster fire that was VIP I'd switched off and zoned out any BB news but this has me intrigued. I'm not expecting anything like old BB but I'd be here just for a catch up with ex HMs.
This was announced a month before VIP even aired, right? As was a second season of VIP?

Man, Seven really screwed up with jumping the gun on that (latter) one...

Hall hints at format changes to the physical challenges that have favoured the fittest housemates.

“It won’t be as formulaic as ‘Here comes the challenge, the eviction segment.’ There’ll be nomination nights, task nights, it will be broken up…. we want to make sure there’s some fun in there.”
...wait, that’s illegal.

Cautiously optimistic they pull it off.

From that article:
“It’s mainly new contestants with a scattering of some of the most iconic Big Brother housemates mixed in,” Hall reveals.

“There’s a clever way that they’re all brought in…. they enter with a different point of view to the rest of them. That’s all I can say on that one.

“It won’t be as formulaic as ‘Here comes the challenge, the eviction segment.’ There’ll be nomination nights, task nights, it will be broken up…. we want to make sure there’s some fun in there.”
Wonder if they will split it up over two nights or perhaps even three then, although that would go against the common thread through the rest of the interview of less is more with the reality franchises rather than milking them out for months.

I found it interesting to read that they’re moving forward with plans to produce Australian Idol live.

I’m all for it, of-course, but I’m a bit confused / dumbfounded why Seven don’t see the benefit in doing the same thing for Big Brother. It’s also a “very important part” of the franchise…

This brings us to ambitious plans for Australian Idol, also held over from 2021. Unlike other recent reboots Seven and producers Fremantle are sticking to the ‘Live’ model, not pre-recorded. But that means it is also highly dependent on the ever-changing COVID situation. Seven is hopeful it can air in 2022.

“Idol has international judges flying in, there’s contestants and it’s Live. A lot of other shows have moved to pre-recording. But with Idol a very important part of that are the Live shows and the audience choosing each week,” insists Hall.

“We want the true experience where they’re travelling around Australia, turning up at auditoriums with huge crowds. That needs to be filmed in advance. I don’t think there’s a logical workaround.

“We want the Opera House event feeling. Even if it’s not there, we can’t cheat it. That is what people think of when they think Idol.”

So I guess that means all the names that have been leaked are kinda it. If there’s 12 new housemates there’s probably only 8 or so all stars and the intruders are probably newbies too. The first episode will probably only have newbies with the returnees entering throughout the week. It’s promising to hear there’s task nights and nomination nights. Hopefully this is a good sign for the format.

TBH they probably only went ahead with the forthcoming season because they would have had not one but two big holes in their 2022 grid. They're pinning their hopes on the All Stars generating enough interest for it to not be another ratings disaster. If it rates poorly it'll be game over for BBAU yet again.

Not necessarily. They need a ratings drawcard. I’m betting at least two returnees at Launch.
I hope that is that case, I'll be really annoyed if I spend all this time to wait for the first episode to just see an episode of just channel 7 shit. I'm thinking that the ten names of Sara-Marie, Reggie, Trevor, Merlin, David, Estelle, Layla ,Tim, Drew and Tully are where it stops and theres probably no more All Stars if they are saying its mostly newbies. In the event the number is even less then I'd guess Sara-Marie or Merlin are probably the least likely locks on that list given what spoils and leaks are out there.

It would have been fun to have Vesna as the intruder, but what can you do?
If it rates poorly it'll be game over for BBAU yet again.
Personally I feel seven will run the well beyond dry. It looks like they're happy with it's online performance. But even so, if it is axed again it's been brought back into mainstream discussion again. And with the All stars also being talked about it will spark even more nostalgia and conversation about old Big Brother. I also me be looking through rose coloured glasses and this probably will be the end of BBAU.

Personally I feel seven will run the well beyond dry. It looks like they're happy with it's online performance. But even so, if it is axed again it's been brought back into mainstream discussion again. And with the All stars also being talked about it will spark even more nostalgia and conversation about old Big Brother. I also me be looking through rose coloured glasses and this probably will be the end of BBAU.
If it rates ok I think they'll tape another season before the end of the year, for 2023. If it doesn't they'll call it quits. It's the end of their lease anyway.

It's the end of their lease anyway.
True I forgot about their lease at Olympic Park. I guess whether or not they sign another will depends on how much they bother to continue with Big Brother. Unless MKR and Idol rate they don't have much else to really rely on in terms of reality shows.

Just as I thought, BB VIP has now been confirmed as not coming back in 2022, changes to the format also confirmed:

Big Brother returns in Q2 with a new cast and returning favourites from previous seasons on Nine and 10.

“It’s mainly new contestants with a scattering of some of the most iconic Big Brother housemates mixed in,” Hall reveals.

“There’s a clever way that they’re all brought in…. they enter with a different point of view to the rest of them. That’s all I can say on that one.

Big Brother is our most-demographically rich show. It’s very young, obviously great for 7plus.”

Hall hints at format changes to the physical challenges that have favoured the fittest housemates.

Big Brother: VIP, previously announced for 2022, is not proceeding.

I expect the launch show to have an uptick in viewership if the nostalgia can stir up some hype, but I would be surprised if it lasts throughout the series. I would love if Seven executives believed in Big Brother enough to learn from their mistakes and make necessary changes in production and promotion, but I am more inclined to believe they will run the franchise into the ground.

Hopefully we can get a proper All Stars series as a send off before Seven calls it quits.

I defs reckon if it got axed another network would pick it up right away.. I mean channel 10 needs something to replace the bachelor franchise 😂

It won’t be as formulaic as ‘Here comes the challenge, the eviction segment.’ There’ll be nomination nights, task nights, it will be broken up…. we want to make sure there’s some fun in there.”
Now they're just being a tease.

I defs reckon if it got axed another network would pick it up right away.. I mean channel 10 needs something to replace the bachelor franchise 😂
In all seriousness though, this isn't an implausible suggestion. Each year, The Bachelor and The Bachelorette run for up to 4 months back-to-back on Ten. We all know the series is on its way out, the seasons are rating less than an average 0.5m, and they air in similar timeslots / months that Nine's Big Brother seasons did. If Ten were serious about it I'd imagine that would be the perfect place for it.

Although, if Seven did ever let go of the show (which, to be honest, is rather unlikely for a while) a new iteration likely wouldn't occur instantaneously anyway.

In all seriousness though, this isn't an implausible suggestion. Each year, The Bachelor and The Bachelorette run for up to 4 months back-to-back on Ten. We all know the series is on its way out, the seasons are rating less than an average 0.5m, and they air in similar timeslots / months that Nine's Big Brother seasons did. If Ten were serious about it I'd imagine that would be the perfect place for it.

Although, if Seven did ever let go of the show (which, to be honest, is rather unlikely for a while) a new iteration likely wouldn't occur instantaneously anyway.
let me remind you of The Voice! 7 picked it up and spun a new series in less than a year!

But to be honest, I agree - I don’t see 7 letting go of BB anytime soon, it’s a prefect filler show and a big enough name to bring in viewers, with good casting and less predictable twist they can definitely pump out a few more seasons 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back