Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Promos, Trailers & Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed big brother famosos 4 (portugal) is using the Australian logos and the house/ garden are quite similar. I think the format is still the old one tho

I noticed big brother famosos 4 (portugal) is using the Australian logos and the house/ garden are quite similar. I think the format is still the old one tho
So far no one that’s used the AU graphics has used the full AU format.

I noticed big brother famosos 4 (portugal) is using the Australian logos
Interestingly, there is also a part of the intro used in the thing they used in 2020 on social media to announce Sonia was hosting the show again. I wonder if there was a proper intro sequence that was made, but was scrapped before it aired. Portugal probably just took that scrapped intro and re-coloured it.

I can't be bothered to go through old social media posts to find the host announcement video, but here's a screenshot from that video.
host.jpg

Interestingly, there is also a part of the intro used in the thing they used in 2020 on social media to announce Sonia was hosting the show again. I wonder if there was a proper intro sequence that was made, but was scrapped before it aired. Portugal probably just took that scrapped intro and re-coloured it.

I can't be bothered to go through old social media posts to find the host announcement video, but here's a screenshot from that video.
host.jpg
I reckon its quite likely. Seven would have cut it. They aren't big on opening titles these days.

A few articles floating around suggesting the housemates are;
Reggie BB3
Trevor BB4
David BB6
Estelle BB9
Layla BB9
Tim BB10
Tully BB10
Drew BB10

The same names seem to be floating around constantly, a bit disappointed it's been confirmed it's mostly newbies as I was hoping there was some more names we hadn't figured out yet. The more I think about this the less exited I am in all honesty. I was really hoping the Sara-Marie rumour would end up being true, but looks like it's not given the current leaks.

The same names seem to be floating around constantly, a bit disappointed it's been confirmed it's mostly newbies as I was hoping there was some more names we hadn't figured out yet. The more I think about this the less exited I am in all honesty. I was really hoping the Sara-Marie rumour would end up being true, but looks like it's not given the current leaks.
Yeah, only three from the Ten era, that's a shame if true.

Yeah, only three from the Ten era, that's a shame if true.
A big shame. It feels like we were teased with this massive focus on going back in time but really they've shoehorned 8 past housemates into a modern season as an attempt for ratings. The longer I wait the more I realise this is probably going to flop if anything.

They’ve erased so many names from 01, 02, 05, 07, 08 & 14. Now 08 & 14 I don’t see having anyone except maybe Rory / Brigette (2008) or Skye / Jason (2014). But damn… most of the 10 era just completely abandoned.

Also I’d like to mention Lisa Fardy who worked on BB from 2012-2013 is a producer on this upcoming series. So maybe that’s why there’s so many HM’s from BB9/10.

But still we could’ve had:
BB01 • Sara-Marie, Peter
BB02 • Jess, Marty
BB04 • Fitzy, Bree, Merlin
BB05 • Vesna, Logan Greg
BB07 • Aleisha, Zach

Another reason there are fewer housemates from the Ten-era will just be the length of time from when they were on the show to 2021. Over time people grow up and move on and things that interested them when they were younger no longer has any interest to them.

Yes sadly I feel like the casual viewer from back in the day won’t care that much to tune in solely for nostalgia, and the fact that it’s 10 years this year since the channel 9 version started means it actually will be hectic nostalgia for some who would have been quite young and maybe didn’t even see the channel ten series. Is it really 14 years this year since it ended?

I agree it's probably the smarter route to take. It is sad there hasn't been an opportunity for the channel ten housemates to really be showcased in a returnee version at full potential.

I just saw your name and as an aside I saw that Rohan is on a TV program in the states!... La Brea. IMDB funnily does not mention his very short stint on BB lol
I was wondering if this had been mentioned before. Early episodes of La Brea is now available on 9Now. Rohan plays an Australian so gets to keep his accent. It’s not much, a poor man’s Lost at best, I only checked it out after a friend said she was watching it.

Another reason there are fewer housemates from the Ten-era will just be the length of time from when they were on the show to 2021. Over time people grow up and move on and things that interested them when they were younger no longer has any interest to them.
Exactly. People need to remember they wouldn't be getting 22 year old Sara-Marie - they'd be getting a very different 43 year old Sara-Marie. Indeed if she came in and hadn't changed at all people would probably find that just as off putting as well - makes it feel like an act.

The likes of Drew and Tully will be a decade older but still somewhat fit the profile of what you expect a Big Brother housemate to be. Indeed I think this is Drew's series to lose really.

The likes of Drew and Tully will be a decade older but still somewhat fit the profile of what you expect a Big Brother housemate to be. Indeed I think this is Drew's series to lose really.
I very much agree on Drew. He is the stock standard for the kind of person who does well on reality TV shows. Personally, I think there will be an immense amount of ways production will save Reggie and Tim. But naturally Drew is someone who will probably do well, also not to mention he has an alliance with Tully and Tim essentially given to him. I expect the BB10 trio to all do well.

Quoted for truth.
I see what you mean now lol. I think it may still rate well in the beginning, but I'm losing confidence in it being any better. I am still looking forward to watching Reggie again. And the change of format is looking like it's one eviction a week with the noms ep, task ep and eviction ep schedule being teased.

I see what you mean now lol. I think it may still rate well in the beginning, but I'm losing confidence in it being any better. I am still looking forward to watching Reggie again. And the change of format is looking like it's one eviction a week with the noms ep, task ep and eviction ep schedule being teased.
We’ll see how this all pans out. I still think it’s going to be a disaster and hope fans see through the smoke screen they’re trying to create.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back