Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Promos, Trailers & Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
But to be honest, I agree - I don’t see 7 letting go of BB anytime soon, it’s a prefect filler show and a big enough name to bring in viewers, with good casting and less predictable twist they can definitely pump out a few more seasons 👍
That is part of the problem. Seven will hang onto Big Brother for as long as they can keep production costs low enough and bring in just enough viewers. They are not trying to make a hit series. You put it best in that the executives see it as "filler." They clearly have no interest investing in the show to improve it and thus it will continue without the live elements and other innovations.

VIP was quickly axed because the ratings were too low to justify the production costs. Perhaps the regular series can last a bit longer, but seeing how it is treated as something cheap and disposable, Seven will have no hesitation cutting their losses. It's a shame because they are damaging the Big Brother IP in the process. In comparison you can see that 10 believed in the Survivor reboot over these past few years and invested in it. Despite whatever criticisms anyone has of that series, 10 has strengthened the Survivor IP in Australia and worked hard to produce series that hold up internationally.

It's a shame because they are damaging the Big Brother IP in the process. In comparison you can see that 10 believed in the Survivor reboot over these past few years and invested in it. Despite whatever criticisms anyone has of that series, 10 has strengthened the Survivor IP in Australia and worked hard to produce series that hold up internationally.
Whereas doubly in comparison, our version of BB is now being shipped and broadcast internationally - testing the waters for the “new format” and potentially positioning it as the global “new norm” for the franchise. Harming the IP even further, as a result.

This isn’t just Seven at fault, by the way. Endemol obviously see no issue with the current Australian version of their show either, and are clearly happy for it to be reproduced in the same way elsewhere.

This isn’t just Seven at fault, by the way. Endemol obviously see no issue with the current Australian version of their show either, and are clearly happy for it to be reproduced in the same way elsewhere.
This is just sad but true. It's weird how three years ago I was so in the mindset that the US version expanding to other countries would be the worst thing to happen to Big Brother. Now funnily enough, all I want at the very least is for the actual entire US format to spread fast than the Aussie version can.

As far as I know they haven’t.

This is just sad but true. It's weird how three years ago I was so in the mindset that the US version expanding to other countries would be the worst thing to happen to Big Brother. Now funnily enough, all I want at the very least is for the actual entire US format to spread fast than the Aussie version can.
I don’t think BB is in danger of being consumed by one particular format… In terms of the most recent revivals we’ve seen the format has been adapted in the same way it always has been. There may be some overlapping concepts but each individual country sets the final format and so far no one has produced a carbon copy of the AU format.

In terms of the Australian series being aired in other countries it seems that it’s been picked up to fill a gap in content rather than a desire a test of the format in those markets.

Historically the UK has been the trend setter for BB so the likelihood of that changing is slim. Channel 4 are the most likely to revive the UK series and I just can’t see them thinking a pre-recorded series is a good idea. Whether they’d choose to revamp/modernize the format is still an unknown.

Airing the show live should be the likely next step… They really have little to no excuse for keeping the show as a pre-recorded format.
I thought this when I read Idol was going to be live. If they're will to 1) go back (even just a little bit) to some older format kinks such as house nominations and also 2) air a show live knowing the risks of Covid then surly there will reach a point where they consider just doing BB live? They seem to have taken on board criticism of the repetitive formula each episode had and have scrapped that.

I thought this when I read Idol was going to be live. If they're will to 1) go back (even just a little bit) to some older format kinks such as house nominations and also 2) air a show live knowing the risks of Covid then surly there will reach a point where they consider just doing BB live? They seem to have taken on board criticism of the repetitive formula each episode had and have scrapped that.
Whoa Nellie! Baby steps... see if it survives into 2023 first. :roflmao:

Personally I really don't see see it getting axed soon. I really think they're going to run the well that dry it'll collapse on itself.
If this rates anywhere near VIP, the show will collapse on itself this year.

Personally I really don't see see it getting axed soon. I really think they're going to run the well that dry it'll collapse on itself.
If the civilian version rates anything like the VIP version, I can see them giving 1 more season a shot and then cancelling it.

As long as the show stays pre-recorded, format changes won't improve the show by any means.

The show does not work when its pre-recorded and evicting housemates every episode.
That’s kinda the point. Like obviously the format is uhhh questionable as it is. But the main problem is with a show like Big Brother, it’s about the personal connection and understanding of all the characters whether their big or small. Having it pre-recorded means producers will just show us what they want to show instead of giving us a more concise overview.

The past two civilian series have been notorious for having major plot holes that leave us confused on how we got there in the first place.

You keep writing it like that haha 'Surely', are you thinking of a certain fish? LOL
BXKyvbSCEAAoFep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back