Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Promos, Trailers & Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 57 of filming. This point last series was the day ari was fake evicted and joined Tilly in the mirror room. We can presume today begins the final week of filming. And Reggie is still offline!
I hope she wins again. She suffered such shitty setbacks and heartbreaks and health issues (her own and her kids) following her original win. And if not, maybe there can be a GoFundMe for her as was done for Luke when he ended up with more money than if he'd won Survivor lol.

I hope she wins again. She suffered such shitty setbacks and heartbreaks and health issues (her own and her kids) following her original win. And if not, maybe there can be a GoFundMe for her as was done for Luke when he ended up with more money than if he'd won Survivor lol.
I do too. However if Tim Dormer makes it to the end I think he's got it locked. I hope they give her a good edit, along with the other TEN based housemates. I am not really into the idea of seeing people comment on Instagram "Reggie is boring" that would crush me.

I feel for the newbies who for the most part will be glossed over in favour of the All-Stars.
Yes definitely agree. Any season of Survivor or BB that has includes a fans vs faves twist has massively focused on the faves over the fans. Survivor is criminal for it. Newbies are routinely under shown in favour of the returning players again and again. BB13 had a massive focus Rachel and Jordan vs Daniele. Kalia was likeable but her and Porsche were no where near as shown as the three vet women. BB14 had essentially only focus on Dan and Britney with Ian being the only newbie to really shine especially in the later stage. BB18 again was mainly focused on Da'vonne and Frank although they do go rather early and Nicole wasn't that massive of a character anyway. But regardless I see no other outcome then Tim receiving a beyond ridiculous amount of airtime. I am expecting newbies to get evicted with numerous comments on socials saying "who?".

I haven’t watched Survivor in over a decade but the impression I get is they purposely cast weaker players so that returning players would have an easier time succeeding.

BBUS and BBCAN both had seasons where returning players were last minute additions which they seemed to use in order to supplement their weak casting.

As for Tim I’d like to see him become a two time winner… He was robbed of the BBCAN4 title.

I haven’t watched Survivor in over a decade but the impression I get is they purposely cast weaker players so that returning players would have an easier time succeeding.

BBUS and BBCAN both had seasons where returning players were last minute additions which they seemed to use in order to supplement their weak casting.

As for Tim I’d like to see him become a two time winner… He was robbed of the BBCAN4 title.
both fans vs favourites casts were heavy on recruits for Survivor. I do need to get time to watch BBCAN as I have only ever seen the first few bits of BBCAN4. I am unsure of how Tim went but from what I've heard he did pretty well. If I finish my rewatch in time for a gap in-between then and the All Stars season I may try to watch BBCAN. I probably should watch BBCAN 4 anyway before hand so I can see Tim in full form.

both fans vs favourites casts were heavy on recruits for Survivor. I do need to get time to watch BBCAN as I have only ever seen the first few bits of BBCAN4. I am unsure of how Tim went but from what I've heard he did pretty well. If I finish my rewatch in time for a gap in-between then and the All Stars season I may try to watch BBCAN. I probably should watch BBCAN 4 anyway before hand so I can see Tim in full form.

Downside of BBCAN4 is that it is kind of Tim & Nikki Ft. BBCAN. There wasn't necessarily blatant manipulation going on but it was pretty obvious production wanted them to go far. Reaction to the series is pretty mixed... I personally enjoyed it as it's a more character driven series. I loved watching Tim and Nikki navigate the North American format.

A good friend of mine was obsessed with Tim... So much that she ended up watching his original season. She had a lot of downtime at work and she'd always have to explain to coworkers what she was watching.

I'm disappointed that Tahan isn't on this series as I know she was a fan of BBCAN.

Speaking of BBCAN4 there was a rumour that season 5 was meant to bring on more international HG's but chose not to purse it further due to budget cuts... If Seven are going to move ahead with the half-stars format perhaps they could bring in a mix of former American, Canadian, and UK HM's for 2023?

Last edited:
Downside of BBCAN4 is that it is kind of Tim & Nikki Ft. BBCAN. There wasn't necessarily blatant manipulation going on but it was pretty obvious production wanted them to go far. Reaction to the series is pretty mixed... I personally enjoyed it as it's a more character driven series. I loved watching Tim and Nikki navigate the North American format.

A good friend of mine was obsessed with Tim... So much that she ended up watching his original season. She had a lot of downtime at work and she'd always have to explain to coworkers what she was watching.

I'm disappointed that Tahan isn't on this series as I know she was a fan of BBCAN.

Speaking of BBCAN4 there was a rumour that season 5 was meant to bring on more international HG's but chose not to purse it further due to budget cuts... If Seven are going to move ahead with the half-stars format perhaps they could bring in a mix of former American, Canadian, and UK HM's for 2023?

I’m okay watching the series if it focuses on Nikki and Tim more than the Canadians. as much as I acknowledge it’s frustrating when series ignore newbies compared to vets I can’t help by somewhat be okay with it. This is why I don’t like the idea of fans vs faves as I am an enabler of this situation. I remember being really excited seeing Tim and Nikki voted in so I will try my best to get on to BBCAN.

I’m shocked Tahan isn’t included. I’ve heard one rumour she declined because of family and another saying she wasn’t asked. Either way I thought she’d be a lock as she’s still young and I can see her doing decently well as much like Tully this format suits her more.

I am totally on board with an international mashup with BBAU. It would be fun to see some US players play a game whilst also having the added task of dealing with big brother as a character. It would be a fun way to educate general fans on international versions of the show. I’d love to see Rachel Reily do it or Danielle Reyes. It would probably be a bunch of modern players but oh well.

Didn't Tahan just have a baby?

In terms of recruiting internationals I think they'd be at the mercy of whomever would do it for the price they're willing to pay them. If that is the case it could be a mixed bag of pretty much anyone. One I'd love to see is Tomasz from BBUK19. He's super competitive and really got the wrong end of the stick in his series because of it.

Last edited:
Tahan is a really good call. Now annoyed she wasn't cast.

I fear Reggie might have gone earlier but being old school she's controlling her social media to keep up the illusion she's still in there.

Agree about the newbies - it's already evident with the Seven format it's built around half a dozen or so key housemates with the rest little more than Extras and the All Stars v Newbies format will only emphasise that.

I fear Reggie might have gone earlier but being old school she's controlling her social media to keep up the illusion she's still in there.

I don’t think production would have let her go early. I’m sure if there’s anyone other than Tim they’d save with a twist on this cast it would be her, or Tully…

Reggie also lives on the Gold Coast like Layla, who was evicted about 3 and half weeks ago and had to go into hotel quarantine for 2 weeks. There is no way Reggie would go 2 weeks with no social media (of course other than being in the Big Brother house), the woman cannot be kept from posting on Facebook 🤣

Last edited:

That is true. The returning players are the stars, just like when you have gameshows like Hollywood Squares or The Match Game. Nobody cares about the newbies, only the big names.

But for Tim, if he woulda survived and made the Final 2, I think everything knew he would have won. The Jury was all in for him...well except for Jared and "Rail"

I did wonder if they'd start with the newbies and then reveal the All Stars as a surprise to them but I think the way Seven like to rush through things now they'd want at least some All Stars in from the beginning. Wouldn't be surprised if the first four move in then go into a hiding place whilst the newbies move in, to then be revealed at the end of the premiere. I think they'll then hold back two more groups to move in across the next couple of episodes.

Producers will probably have a chosen one or two amongst the newbies who they protect at all costs - probably a creepy superfan or something (anyone missing here?).

I did wonder if they'd start with the newbies and then reveal the All Stars as a surprise to them but I think the way Seven like to rush through things now they'd want at least some All Stars in from the beginning. Wouldn't be surprised if the first four move in then go into a hiding place whilst the newbies move in, to then be revealed at the end of the premiere.

The sad part is most of the newbies will probably be in their 20s and won’t know who most of the returnees are.

The sad part is most of the newbies will probably be in their 20s and won’t know who most of the returnees are.
The regular show did well in the demos last time, and one of those is 25-54. Half of them will remember.

The regular show did well in the demos last time, and one of those is 25-54. Half of them will remember.
If anything they’ll know channel 9 people, but I doubt they will know reggie or sara-Marie and will all be star struck by Tim dormer.

If anything they’ll know channel 9 people, but I doubt they will know reggie or sara-Marie and will all be star struck by Tim dormer.
Put it this way, I would imagine that virtually all the over 40s watching now will have watched it since 10's start. I really don't think that people in their 30s suddenly picked up the show during Nine's era. And even fewer over-40s would be inclined to start watching Seven's terrible incarnation.

I feel like there is every chance that at least one newbie only watched it on channel 7, or maybe watched channel 9 when they were in high school and only sort of recall it. The viewers will know the full back catalogue but I will kind of die if someone has no idea who Reggie is.

or maybe watched channel 9 when they were in high school and only sort of recall it.

I’m more expecting this tbh. People like Kieran and Sophie were all about saying they were super fans when they hadn’t seen the channel TEN era. Unless they’ve gone with the intention of casting super fans for this series or even at least throwing in some 30-40 year olds who did watch the TEN era in their youth, I’m expecting people in their 20s who watched 2012-2014 who if anything are going to exaggerate their fan status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back