Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Promos, Trailers & Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only they'd have the creativity to put in somebody and get them to convince others they were in a season not represented by any genuine housemates.

Sadly though the Seven format doesn't really allow for nuances like that - it would be a throwaway twist.
Didn't they kinda do something like this in one of the CBBUK? there was a civilian in amongst them, but not sure if she had to convince others she was a celeb or not. Theres regulars amongst the all stars here though, maybe it it was all All Stars and 1 civvie.

yep I've found them and looking through now, some are in pieces as I had to scan them 2 or 3 times to get all the article or picture in. I was addicted to TVWEEK from about 2006-early 2010 as well, plenty of scans of those.

Tamara Was 24, 'Travel Agent', Brett, 30, 'Police Officer', - Both from QLD.
Why did they use a side-on photo of Jamie? 😂

Didn't they kinda do something like this in one of the CBBUK? there was a civilian in amongst them, but not sure if she had to convince others she was a celeb or not. Theres regulars amongst the all stars here though, maybe it it was all All Stars and 1 civvie.
Yes Chantel in the fourth series of CBB.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Mike Goldman the wildcard was Mike Goldman. He seems desperate enough.

Why did they use a side-on photo of Jamie? 😂
Yeah (as you'll see in the thread I'm about to start posting these in) I think that's the only one they've used a side on for. Remember that year they used to do a little throw to the video packages of 'this nominees week in the house' on Eviction nights that would use snips of front and side profile of their official picture? I'm guessing that's where it comes from.

Wonder if Jaime did well with the $10,000 he got.

Currently Day 54 as of filming and well...
[50A23DBC-D420-4267-A1A3-74F03A71959D_4_5005_c.jpegThis was referring to my Spotify Wrapped and how her podcast "Too Much Tully" is number 1, so I tagged her and initially didn't see it in the 24 hours it was up, which was that day on the Thursday 2nd December. This means she probably left that night and just got her phone. Got evicted night of Day 52. Sad that she did, but did really well considering her reluctance to competing in the new format of strategising and challenges. At least we will have her on our screens for roughly 2/3 of the season depending on how they pan it out./SPOILER]

Last edited:
Kinda sad that within the last fortnight alot of the all stars have been seemingly evicted. As long as Reggie remains off Facebook for longer I will be happy.

Have we got a pretty much confirmed list now then of who is in?

A source has confirmed these names to me:

Sara-Marie BB1
Reggie BB3
Trevor BB4
Merlin BB4
David BB6
Layla BB9
Estelle BB9
Tim BB9
Tully BB9
Drew BB9

Reggie, Trevor, David, Layla, Tully and Tim are 100% locks I’d say. All went away from socials and we’re heavily shown in the trailer. A source has told me it’s sara-Marie and Merlin and Estelle as well but no confirmation yet. Drew I’m
not sure about but his name has been popping up a lot in the rumour mill. I’ve been told the number is 13 so that leaves 3 more names that are still not leaked.

Way too heavy on BB9. I'd rather Estelle and Drew were left out, and the remainders brought in from other seasons. Would not be fair if five HMs already have a close personal relationship. Ideally I wouldn't want more than two from any one season. Would liked to have seen Johnnie again.

Last edited:
Way too heavy on BB9. I'd rather Estelle and Drew were left out, and the remainders brought in from other seasons. Would not be fair if five HMs already have a close personal relationship.
Yeah I would prefer to spread it out more. Tim, Drew and Tully will 100% align I bet on it. If this had been done every 5-6 years earlier we could have probably seen more TEN era housemates on. I've heard Jessica from BB2's name around but unsure if thats real. People like Chrissie and Fitzy would be impossible to get. Vensa has been confirmed to have been cut, Skye, Michael (BB9) and Stacey have been said to all decline as well. I would also assume Aleisha, Bree, Blair, Tim B, Hotdogs and Tahan were all asked but declined as they are mainly active online. Tim B however could be on but the lack of BB5 footage in the promo makes me think it isn't included. Apparently Benjamin from BB9 declined and Ben Zable was not asked. There doesn't seem to be a huge pool of people to really choose from who would actually do it, which further makes the decision to not include Vesna completely stupid. However having more NINE era seasons probably works better for both production as well as the generic audience as of now. They're all mostly in their 30s and are still marketable, and most of the viewers I'd assume are NINE fans as opposed to the TEN audience.

Yep I once heard someone say they were showing their age by saying they watched BB “back in the day”, but this person actually meant on channel 9! So yeah to appeal to their intended demo channel 9 era is probably a better get and still within the age bracket of a typical HM. Alarming to consider that some current viewers will have no idea who some of the channel 10 people are, but I guess the goal is to lure people back?

Hmm, who would I have approached?

S1: Sara Marie, Johnnie (and Gordon if it was possible - he'd have been good in the challenges even now)
S2: Jess, Marty - but only if they appeared together so they could jog the viewers' memories. Otherwise write off S2.
S3: Reggie, Chrissie, Daniel, Jo
S4: Bree, Merlin, Paul, Ashalea
S5: Vesna, Dean, Hotdogs, Christie
S6: Camilla, Dino, Jamie, Michael, Katie
S7: Hayley, Bodie
S8: Brigitte, Nobbi, Terri (just kidding)
S9: Layla, Michael
S10: Tim, Tahan, Rohan
S11: Priya, Skye, David

Difficult to narrow it down to memorable HMs especially 20 years on. Also largely white, but POC were a very small minority especially across the early seasons.

No wonder the BB9 crew reportedly do well then if they make up a 5th of the house. It should also make them a target though. I do think casting Drew is genius though - yes, it's a lazy storyline reuniting him with Tully but it instantly makes Tully more interesting. And of course Drew still fits into the profile of the sort of people they'd cast anyway. He was a likeable watchable HM too, and would much rather see them bring back some likeable people than Danny yet again.

Hmm, who would I have approached?

S1: Sara Marie, Johnnie (and Gordon if it was possible - he'd have been good in the challenges even now)
S2: Jess, Marty - but only if they appeared together so they could jog the viewers' memories. Otherwise write off S2.
S3: Reggie, Chrissie, Daniel, Jo
S4: Bree, Merlin, Paul, Ashalea
S5: Vesna, Dean, Hotdogs, Christie
S6: Camilla, Dino, Jamie, Michael, Katie
S7: Hayley, Bodie
S8: Brigitte, Nobbi, Terri (just kidding)
S9: Layla, Michael
S10: Tim, Tahan, Rohan
S11: Priya, Skye, David

Difficult to narrow it down to memorable HMs especially 20 years on. Also largely white, but POC were a very small minority especially across the early seasons.
If it were me personally considering a cast I'd narrow a pool down to these people

S1: Sara-Marie, Johnnie, Jemma maybe Ben for the fact of him being the first winner
S2: Jessica and Nathan
S3: Reggie, Chrissie, Daniel or Saxon
S4: Bree, Paul, Fitzy or Ashalea
S5: Tim, Vesna or Christie
S6: Jamie, Camilla, David, Krystal or Katie
S7: Aleisha, Zach, Billy, Travis, Joel or Emma
S8: Rory? Brigitte?
S9: Benjamin, Layla, Estelle, Michael, Stacey or Angie
S10: Tim, Tahan, Drew, Mikkayla, Ben or Tully
S11: Skye or Priya

A lot of these are more just second chance candidates. I thought about what it would be like if it was all winners and runners up but that cast just makes up a lot of boring straight men.

Day 57 of filming. This point last series was the day ari was fake evicted and joined Tilly in the mirror room. We can presume today begins the final week of filming. And Reggie is still offline!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back