Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Pre-season build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I agree, he’s the biggest suck arse and the biggest egomaniac I have ever met.
A lot of it was bravado… He seems like the type to threaten legal action and part of me wants him to read those comments and make a big stink. The other part is still convinced he’s a paid for comment ho’.

Last edited:
Any of you seen the instagram post that shows Tim Dormer and footage from the original BB? I’m surprised they got permission for all of that! Mind = blown

It’s all been ripped from you tube, it’s very obvious based on the quality.

A lot of it was bravado… He seems like the type to threaten legal action and part of me wants him to read those comments and make a big stink.
Oh 100% the guy can’t take criticism. His opinion is always the right opinion and that’s all that matters. It’s awful.

I have heard a lot of stories from colleagues, but there is only one reason to put on that bravado that’s for sure. The fact he claims to be the biggest BB fan and yet won’t criticise or provide constructive feedback about the show when we all know it’s been shit, shows his intentions and alliances.

Last edited:
Sonia Kruger is on Ben Norris’ latest podcast episode of ‘TV Reload’ talking about BB.

Ben says he wasn’t asked to be on this year, and while disappointed is still a massive super fan. He has watched the first 3 eps and love it.

He asks Sonia if it will ever be live, she said you can never say never, maybe after the uncertainty of covid is over.

She is looking forward to the live finale.

There’s a new show runner whose name is Keelie something.

He asks her whether when Sonia does the interviews is it her own or the producers in her ear. She says it’s a little bit of both, she has Keelie in her ear. She says it is fun to interrogate.

Whilst the royalty have a target on their back, Sonia says they do have an advantage of having the EQ to navigate the show.

He asks whether Sonia has any input into the format. She said she does brainstorm with them, but that’s not really her job.

Ben said he talked to Gretel about BB. Gretel was very gracious about Sonia as the host. Sonia said Gretel has been very supportive to Sonia throughout. Sonia said she isn’t in the same level of intelligence as Gretel.

She says some of the stuff with Tully and Drew makes MAFS look Disney.

Laughable. We’ll likely never see it. We all know about the huge arguments and verbal fights that occurred in 2020 that were completely culled from the broadcasts…
Actually we probably won’t. I think the question Ben actually asked was to tell us something from behind the scenes.

Recent clip shows a bit of Estelle who seems super lovely. Keen to see how she goes this season. At the very least it seems they chose some great legacy housemates. The new housemates aren't too bad either. I'm not sold on Jaycee yet. Looks like a bit of a fake from his promos.

Estelle has been absent from many of the promos, ( other than glimpses ) thus far....

Will she :

** Remind everyone that she poled more votes than ANYONE in the history of the BB universe
** Met Justin Bieber
** Bring her wooden horse/ pony thingy

Hmmm... the mind boggles...

I hope she wins.. last couple years been very difficult in her life ( Judging by Twitter interaction et al. )

Sonia Kruger is on Ben Norris’ latest podcast episode of ‘TV Reload’ talking about BB.
Sonia is essentially a hypeman who knows nothing about the producer side of things, but I did get chills when she talked about other countries looking ro Australia to refresh their format and mentioning BBUK in the same sentence.

I just wish they would get rid of the fucking games every episode! They bore me shitless! I don't want to watch "Survivor in a House". I want to watch people evolving while playing a game by just observing their behaviour and interactions with others...is that too much to ask? It has to be cheaper than all the crap games we've had to endure for the past couple of years?

Good.

This small quote is probably the best thing to ever come of Sonia's six years of hosting the show.
Yeah, unbelievable that it entered her awareness somehow. haha. We really give her a hard time but she almost seems to relish it.

The best thing about this returnee season is that it's (hopefully) going to bring a lot of old schoolers back. I am putting a little faith in the improvements this year making it something enjoyable.

Sonia is essentially a hypeman who knows nothing about the producer side of things, but I did get chills when she talked about other countries looking ro Australia to refresh their format and mentioning BBUK in the same sentence.
seriously...

I just wish they would get rid of the fucking games every episode! They bore me shitless! I don't want to watch "Survivor in a House". I want to watch people evolving while playing a game by just observing their behaviour and interactions with others...is that too much to ask? It has to be cheaper than all the crap games we've had to endure for the past couple of years?

To them it's too much to ask, the format in a lot of Australian reality is bullshit and just copying what all the other reality shows are doing. Balls are gone completely from production.

A small thing that is annoying me is that multiple promos are referring to there never being a two time winner of Big Brother. When there's four. One of them literally also being from the UK.

I have to say some of the newbie housemates who weren't highlighted in the previews seem much more 'normal' and less obviously just there for followers especially the three women over 39. Here's hoping one of them is the Ari of this season who didn't get highlighted at all pre season but ended up being a good housemate and getting 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back