Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Pre-season build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive indulged in a bit of medicinal herbage so apologies if my thoughts come across as askew and jumbled.. But I assure you they are heartfelt. Albeit meandering no doubt.

medicinal

girl-sure-jan.gif

Hey, we’ve barely got it as medicinal here!
That’s true. It’s been 4 years since cannabis was legalized in Canada and it still seems a bit crazy. I’m not a stoner by any means but I occasionally indulge in an eatable or two.

That’s true. It’s been 4 years since cannabis was legalized in Canada and it still seems a bit crazy. I’m not a stoner by any means but I occasionally indulge in an eatable or two.
Yeah, even before then it felt pretty widely available. I did a year of study abroad in Montreal between 2017-18 and even though it wasn’t legal yet, boy was it way easier to come by than here in Aus

Yeah, even before then it felt pretty widely available. I did a year of study abroad in Montreal between 2017-18 and even though it wasn’t legal yet, boy was it way easier to come by than here in Aus
Yeah it was so pervasive that it was only a matter of time before someone progressive enough came along to legalize it. If you were here in 2018 you must have just missed it.

I never had any issues find it when I was in Australia but I spent a lot of time in small towns doing agriculture work. I did find it expensive… Almost double what I’d pay in Canada.

So do we know how the new format is gonna work? Seems to be designed to give challenge beasts less power which might be a good thing. I'd guess maybe noms and then a challenge whereby the winner has to save one person or themselves maybe?

So do we know how the new format is gonna work? Seems to be designed to give challenge beasts less power which might be a good thing. I'd guess maybe noms and then a challenge whereby the winner has to save one person or themselves maybe?
It’s still a challenged based format. The winner will have just as much power if not more than they did previously. They’ve just shuffled the deck a bit but all the cards are still in play.

IMO it will play out one of four ways…

- The house nominates and the challenge winner is the sole vote to evict.

- The house nominates two HM’s, the challenge winner nominates a third person, and the house votes again to evict.

- The house nominates, the challenge winner will save a nominee, and the house votes again to evict whomever is left.

- The house nominates, the challenge winner will save/replace a nominee, and the house votes again to evict.

Either way the challenge winner still has quite a bit of power.

Yeah it was so pervasive that it was only a matter of time before someone progressive enough came along to legalize it. If you were here in 2018 you must have just missed it.

I never had any issues find it when I was in Australia but I spent a lot of time in small towns doing agriculture work. I did find it expensive… Almost double what I’d pay in Canada.
I think so, they’d pretty much legalised it but the provinces were still working out how sales/distribution would look.

And yeah, I can imagine in a rural area it’d be especially expensive given there would be greater market inequality skewing towards the seller than the buyer. But over the handful of times I’ve smoked pot I’ve found the strains in Aus have nothing on what I had in Amsterdam and Montreal. Twice the price for half the buzz.

I said last year Jessika Power kinda reminded me of Skye in looks and her 2014 persona, but it would be interesting to see her 7 years later (at the time this years would've been filmed) but a bit changed for her between what was she 20? I saw she had a baby and stuff and went to Bali or something?
She doesn’t even look like Skye anymore… she’s an Instagram influencer with a huge following - 650k followers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back