Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2021: Promos, Trailers & Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The promo is great - until the pathetically weak Big Brother voice speaks up.

And what's with all the hints that the game will change again - you only changed it last year. Actually would be better this year for people to know what game they're playing.
I thought the same thing.

The “You think you know my game?” comment literally made me respond with: “Pretty sure we know it better than you do” in my head.

Bare with me because I am from the States, does Australia just have zero black people? Like its actually a diverse series, which I like, but just an observation.

all I got from that promo is that the literal only black girl gets first boot because she's in NONE of the competitions or videos.. Besides the one of her walking down the street
Nice catch.

The final 13 HMs are also revealed (in a post-eviction huddle). There’s another shot in the Diary Room that shows up to 16(?) HMs, so it certainly looks like Lillian/Flexi gets eliminated in the first couple weeks.

Bare with me because I am from the States, does Australia just have zero black people? Like its actually a diverse series, which I like, but just an observation.

Depends what your definition of "black people" is. About 30% (7.5mil) of the Australian resident population is born overseas. The 2016 census ancestries show:

English (36.1%)
Australian (33.5%)
Irish (11.0%)
Scottish (9.3%)
Chinese (5.6%)
Italian (4.6%)
German (4.5%)
Indian (2.8%)
Indigenous (2.8%)
Greek (1.8%)
Dutch (1.6%)
Filipino (1.4%)
Vietnamese (1.4%)
Lebanese (1%)

If you mean with an African heritage, it is pretty rare but has been steadily growing in the last decade or two. About 350,000 identify as African Australians which include half as white Afrikaner/British decent. Getting these people on a reality tv show is probably a hard task and wouldn't be surprised producers cast many of them outside the main audition process.

That's one sexy promo(the first minute at least), looking forward to it. The house looks great.

Did anyone else try to shazam that awesome eye of the tiger remix without luck? Love how it sounds like the old school Big Brother theme sound effect(if that makes sense) from the 1:02 mark 😄

Must've been an in-house thing for the promo. Pun intended.

Last edited:
I haven't really thought about the new season. The promo actually made me realise I am looking forward to it. Even though it's the 7 version. When does it start?

Yea as zac pointed out we do have a small population of African descended people in Australia, however not as common as in the US.

Australia is a more ethnically Asian/Middle Eastern country, probably due to Asia's close proximity to the continent.
Australian_Residents_by_Country_of_Birth_2016_Census.png

We did have a guy named Trevor - who is of Polynesian background I believe, who won Big Brother back in 2004. I don't know whether or not Polynesian/Pacific Islander counts as black in the ethnic sense though.

Can’t say this promo has really given me anything to look forward to from this series...

I’m sure there will be ‘some’ improvements over the prior series but for the most part it appears they’ve just dialed many elements of the prior series.

I’m not sure more one off twists are what the series needs. I’d much rather see them build on more gameplay elements that have a lasting effect over the entire series.

I’m also not a huge fan of the literal interpretation of ‘Survivor in a House’. BBUS has in many ways attempted to avoid direct comparisons to Survivor.

We have two months + / - of over the top teasers & spoilers to run through before this season airs. This is gonna drive me nuts, but what can we do. Ride the wave with a faceful of anguish!

Btw a bit OT but....anyone know if Brad gave Sophie her fair share of the prize last year?

We have two months + / - of over the top teasers & spoilers to run through before this season airs. This is gonna drive me nuts, but what can we do. Ride the wave with a faceful of anguish!

Btw a bit OT but....anyone know if Brad gave Sophie her fair share of the prize last year?
With what we have already been able to uncover about the season from only the first promo, at this stage we will know the entire elimination line-up and twists before the first episode airs.

Also. Brad. 🥲 That about sums up last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back