Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Promos and teasers (contains spoilers)

I wonder if maybe Weds/Thurs may be “special episodes” of sorts ie uncut and/or spin-off. We shall see!

Something isn't adding up... Reports say 20 to 22 HM's so at 3 episodes a week for 7 weeks there just isn't enough time unless each episode is a full eviction cycle. I think this is another one of TVBlackBox's bullshit stories.
There were approximately 10 left at the coronavirus production shutdown, they had been filming for only 3 weeks at that point iirc?

There were approximately 10 left at the coronavirus production shutdown, they had been filming for only 3 weeks at that point iirc?

Understandable... I’m not that bothered with the scheduling other than the fact that it will an be extremely game driven storyline. It’s bound to come with heaps of negativity...

Understandable... I’m not that bothered with the scheduling other than the fact that it will an be extremely game driven storyline. It’s bound to come with heaps of negativity...

If it's anything like Celebrity BB US I know I will be out after the first episode as I am sure many people in Australia will be too.

I just watched the last season of Big Brother UK 2018 w/ my boyfriend and I had such a fun time (besides the fact that vote to evict is literally the WORST format ever and I hope BBUK ditches that in the future). I love the AU/UK format. Randomly watched BBAU again and wow, the series were actually pretty great. Lots of fun twists and I had housemates I was passionately rooting for.

Makes me so disappointed that this season of BBAU isn't even Big Brother, ugh.

If it's anything like Celebrity BB US I know I will be out after the first episode as I am sure many people in Australia will be too.

The format won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but I’m sure there will be people who enjoy it... I mean even the original format had people who didn’t care for it.

The format is solid when it plays out live at least and if you're not a fan of it don't be put off by the US version (which to be fair has actually improved in recent years, though can rarely delivered two decent seasons back to back). The Canadian versions showed in their early years at least that format can deliver a really entertaining series and can be tailored away slightly from the staples of US shows to produce something with a bit more individual identity. Survivor is the same - I love the Aussie version, can't stand the US one - and that's all because despite the same basic format they are produced and cast quite differently.

The format is solid when it plays out live at least and if you're not a fan of it don't be put off by the US version (which to be fair has actually improved in recent years, though can rarely delivered two decent seasons back to back). The Canadian versions showed in their early years at least that format can deliver a really entertaining series and can be tailored away slightly from the staples of US shows to produce something with a bit more individual identity. Survivor is the same - I love the Aussie version, can't stand the US one - and that's all because despite the same basic format they are produced and cast quite differently.

Both the US and Canadian versions are lacking in the casting department... Format is really only as solid as those playing the game. Without new and refreshing characters it tends to feel extremely bland very fast.

So far I think that’s one area this version should be strong...

I think the US/CAN format takes time for peops to get used to. When I first discovered the US/CAN seasons i couldn't stand them, but after giving them the time of day and watching some episodes i'd actually equal them to UK/AUS.

I think for a lot of people they will try watch the first ep, be turned off, but then come back either half way through the series or for another series.

I really like the idea of the outside having an effect in the house - keeps the game unpredictable.

I really like the idea of the outside having an effect in the house - keeps the game unpredictable.
To the cast maybe.. But to the public the show became pretty damn predictable because 13 year old girls kept voting for the people they wanted to fuck the most..

To the cast maybe.. But to the public the show became pretty damn predictable because 13 year old girls kept voting for the people they wanted to fuck the most..

I was going to make a rebuttal, then I just remembered BBAU 2014 happened.... (I don't even remember the winner's name)

I think the US/CAN format takes time for peops to get used to. When I first discovered the US/CAN seasons i couldn't stand them, but after giving them the time of day and watching some episodes i'd actually equal them to UK/AUS.
My only problem with the US/Canadian format isn't the differences to the original format, but that it really does start to get a bit dull and repetitive when it's played out over the three month time frame. I think I only watched three full seasons before I couldn't take it anymore. However as I said a little earlier in the thread, I enjoyed CBBUSA because even though it was the exact same format the fact it played out beginning to end in about three weeks prevented the dullness that the regular show has.

My worry for the format is that despite the countless promos stating it's a new game, the general public expects old-school C10 BB. Then, when the public learns that they have no input each week with evictions they just tune out or lose interest.

I hope the promos and campaign closer to the premiere hone in on the gameplay/mental strategy side of things more.

My worry for the format is that despite the countless promos stating it's a new game, the general public expects old-school C10 BB. Then, when the public learns that they have no input each week with evictions they just tune out or lose interest.

I hope the promos and campaign closer to the premiere hone in on the gameplay/mental strategy side of things more.

Maybe the adds should focus on strategy side more? To inform the public ?

I think for a lot of people they will try watch the first ep, be turned off, but then come back either half way through the series or for another series.

Doubt that anyone will comeback halfway through the series. When a reality show drops hard in the ratings those people usually don't come back.

Maybe in the old days it did but in more recent years producers can't resist leading viewers in a certain direction and protecting their favourites, which usually led to the key characters being safe and therefore the house dynamics not changing hugely with each eviction.

In a good series of the US/Canadian format the house can be quite different from week to week dependent on who is evicted and who is in power. However in a bad series the cast can just "vote with the house" every week and the same side end up constantly in power, or those in power completely avoid taking shots at the big characters, which results in the same problem.

No doubt though the format does take some getting used too but once you appreciate it and realise actually viewer voting isn't the be all and end all of the show it is an engrossing show.

I actually think axing the weekly vote will do more good than bad for the show. It sounds silly but television audiences are getting more and more passive as the years go on, it's super smart for them to make watching the show as effortless as possible.

Back