Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020 production / schedule / format talk

^ I hope this isn’t the case.

If this is route they’re going down. I think the show ain’t going to survive.

After all this talk in the media about how it should go back to what it was with a modern take like addition of phones or more strategy based twist. This would lose the already built fan base and already dead in the water.

I really hope this isn't the plan :/ , this will kill all immersion for me, because the series will already have been done with and there will storylines will already be formed. BB as it was in the 10 days was unpredictable, and even with the streaming, it made it 24/7 entertainment. Having just the highlights show won't do it for me. The show needs to be live, evictions and whatnot. I prefer having us decide over the HM's. it makes it that more immersive.

I think the Australian audience wants to be involved in Big Brother. Very few if any reality shows on tv now allow viewer input anymore and i think this is what makes BB a point of difference over other shows - that we get to have an input on the direction of how the show goes by voting people out of the house. If that is not a part of the equation i do wonder if it will have the same appeal?

If they are prerecording then why bother staying with free to air channels? - you may as well go netflix or something, upload the whole show at once and let people binge watch the whole thing at their leisure.

If this is how they're really going to do it then my excitement for this has just been decimated. Why even bother doing the show if your not going to do it properly. Big Brother doesn't only have be treated live, but also should be the network's #1 priority while its on air, 2014 is a clear example of what happens when Big Brother isn't prioritised. If these rumours are true then this reboot may make 2012-2014 ratings look phenomenal by comparison I predict. We have survivor for game play, other than the voice, im a celeb and DWTS we don't have a reality tv show in Australia that runs live 6 days a week, even love island has every single episode (including the finale) pre-recorded. The live element is vital for the success of Big Brother, as is audience interaction.

I'm speechless... 😶 ... but also unconvinced that Channel 7 would go so far as to produce something so distant from the Big Brother concept but still have the balls to brand it as BB.

Amelia Fisk was a task producer during BB06, so she can't play the excuse that she hasn't experienced a real Big Brother series.

Well if the show is 'survivor in a warehouse' then it's not Big Brother and I have no interest in it. This rumour begs the question, why would they pay for the rights ofBig Brother if it's not the same show?
While there is brand recognition, the basic premise of the shows identity is inseparable from the name. Having a well-known name, but a significantly different format seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Existing fans will not be happy. Then there'll also be people who could possibly be fans but are put off by thinking it's the traditional premise.
Why not create a new name like, "Battle House" or something better. Try and then appeal to everyone.

If this is how they're really going to do it then my excitement for this has just been decimated. Why even bother doing the show if your not going to do it properly. Big Brother doesn't only have be treated live, but also should be the network's #1 priority while its on air, 2014 is a clear example of what happens when Big Brother isn't prioritised. If these rumours are true then this reboot may make 2012-2014 ratings look phenomenal by comparison I predict. We have survivor for game play, other than the voice, im a celeb and DWTS we don't have a reality tv show in Australia that runs live 6 days a week, even love island has every single episode (including the finale) pre-recorded. The live element is vital for the success of Big Brother, as is audience interaction.

Big Brother was only live for the premieres, finales, evictions, nominations sometimes and for specials. It was never live 6 days a week. Love Island airs similar to the Big Brother daily shows which were shot 24 hours before.

Big Brother was only live for the premieres, finales, evictions, nominations sometimes and for specials. It was never live 6 days a week. Love sland airs similar to the Big Brother daily shows which were shot 24 hours before.

Sorry I should specify that I don't mean literally 'live' I mean as in that production is ongoing while the show is airing.

Well if the show is 'survivor in a warehouse' then it's not Big Brother and I have no interest in it. This rumour begs the question, why would they pay for the rights ofBig Brother if it's not the same show?
While there is brand recognition, the basic premise of the shows identity is inseparable from the name. Having a well-known name, but a significantly different format seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Existing fans will not be happy. Then there'll also be people who could possibly be fans but are put off by thinking it's the traditional premise.
Why not create a new name like, "Battle House" or something better. Try and then appeal to everyone.

They were going to have a show called The Rich House which was basically going to be their version of the Have and Have not Big Brother twist but decided against it.

Look, this isn't much different to what I had a feeling they might be planning. The only difference being that the show should in no way be filmed that far in advance. I know I said earlier I wouldn't mind a concept that amalgamates elements from both versions of the show, but you cannot call it Big Brother and think this idea will click with Australian audiences. It will never succeed.

I am also remaining skeptical about this until further information is released. The latest rumour mill of news articles about the show going back to basics, etc, surely works against this theory. But at this point, who really knows.

If it's true, The Circle definitely would have been a better option.

If these rumours are correct (and I’m praying to any god that will listen that they’re not) would this be the first big brother in any country to pre-record an entire season?
Echoing what others have said, that ain’t BB. BB is live. The only show left that has the real time element (apart from I’m a celeb).

Love Island is the same in that respect but obviously Big Brother is much better.

If Love island had live feeds available on 9now and live streaming on channel 9/9Go like TEN used to do for Big Brother then yeah it would meet the criteria. One major key element missing from 9s BB attempt was live feeds. In an age where technology is at large and where social media is only growing and getting bigger it's such a wonder why they didn't use it (it not matching the family friendly format is no adequate access imo). It would have worked so well, especially with my generation whom use laptops and iPhones to stream every day. When Big Brother was on NINE I was in high school, so every day myself, friends, other classmates and even sometimes teachers were on the Big Brother website during class hours. If the live feed was an option then I can say at least from the people I know, it would have mega utilised by fans. My own mum used to clean the house whilst I was at school back when BB had live feeds and she would move the computer around on a mobile stand with her to watch the live feeds of Big Brother. Live feeds is crucial to this reboot as is also uncut.

If Love island had live feeds available on 9now and live streaming on channel 9/9Go like TEN used to do for Big Brother then yeah it would meet the criteria. One major key element missing from 9s BB attempt was live feeds. In an age where technology is at large and where social media is only growing and getting bigger it's such a wonder why they didn't use it (it not matching the family friendly format is no adequate access imo). It would have worked so well, especially with my generation whom use laptops and iPhones to stream every day. When Big Brother was on NINE I was in high school, so every day myself, friends, other classmates and even sometimes teachers were on the Big Brother website during class hours. If the live feed was an option then I can say at least from the people I know, it would have mega utilised by fans. My own mum used to clean the house whilst I was at school back when BB had live feeds and she would move the computer around on a mobile stand with her to watch the live feeds of Big Brother. Live feeds is crucial to this reboot as is also uncut.

I just don't think we will get either live feeds or uncut as 7 has always been the most conservative of the networks.

Back