Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Housemates

The pre-recorded nature means that just like Survivor it's likely the edit in the early episodes will focus on people who won't be on screen long and those that do well will begin to feature more midway through the series.
Yes, that's my exact thinking re: Kieran. And we can add Daniel, Hannah, Sarah, Marissa and (I hate to say it) Angela to that list.

Don’t know best place to post this. Looks like Daniel is exposed next week.
Hmm. It may appear that way but there was also an additional clip shown in the promo at the end of last night's episode (that doesn't feature in the above video) after Angela's comment that implied Garth is also referring to Daniel/Talia when he says "You break them then they're very alone"... but Daniel is sitting right beside him. So it may just deceitful editing.

Either way, it does look like Daniel goes up for nominations at some point next week. :thumbsup:

How normal is it for us guys to go around toplses for 12 hours per day. Are all the people hamming it up for the cameras?

I'm sure there was an effort to get <10% bodyfat and increase muscle mass by some HMs.

How normal is it for us guys to go around topless for 12 hours per day. Are all the people hamming it up for the cameras?

I'm sure there was an effort to get <10% bodyfat and increase muscle mass by some HMs.

Very normal.

Hmm. It may appear that way but there was also an additional clip shown in the promo at the end of last night's episode (that doesn't feature in the above video) after Angela's comment that implied Garth is also referring to Daniel/Talia when he says "You break them then they're very alone"... but Daniel is sitting right beside him. So it may just deceitful editing.

Either way, it does look like Daniel goes up for nominations at some point next week. :thumbsup:

That looks to me like Talia gets evicted and Daniel wants revenge.

It’s actually quite fascinating having the HMs all out of the house and watching the show in real-time for the first time (and in return, receiving social media and mainstream commentary or backlash against themselves).

It’s interesting to note Talia is obviously copping a lot of abuse regarding her behaviour and subsequent edit, and as a result has gone quiet on social media and removed the ability to post comments on all her Instagram posts. Laura has also gone incognito - all traces of Big Brother have been removed from her Instagram profile and her account on private.

It’s an angle we’ve never had before. Will be interesting to see how other HMs deal with additional events as they air.

It’s actually quite fascinating having the HMs all out of the house and watching the show in real-time for the first time (and in return, receiving social media and mainstream commentary or backlash against themselves).
Interesting point. But im kinda of the belief that in even in past years they were availed to such upon exit. Like a revision package. Before even commenting.
The social media aspect kinda dilutes imo. Cos its less about genuine reaction than a preferred " how do i react to this to solicit followings"

Interesting point. But im kinda of the belief that in even in past years they were availed to such upon exit. Like a revision package. Before even commenting.
Oh totally.

I think the fact that past HMs were subjected to chats with a psychologist post-eviction also helped “ease them” into what to expect and how the public perceived them during their times in the house. It’s interesting how that might be handled now, where the way in which a HM comes across is almost entirely in the hands of a narrative edit that’s been several months in the making.

At least they can openly defend themselves now if necessary, I guess. Like Sarah did recently as she apparently got bombarded with “death threats” during the latest episode.

Yeah definitely seems like Talia is going to get evicted and then Dan wins a nomination challenge at some point this week to get “revenge”. Could be in for some cracking viewing.

With Talia saying see you all very soon at the end of that post and the EPG stating there will be a surprise return next Monday, makes me think that the evicted housemates will get a chance to return or maybe I am wrong and it's just referring to the fake eviction housemate coming back.
I think you could be right. Most likely a challenge where winner goes back in.
If I was producing she’d be someone I’d try get back in, cause she bought good drama, and seeing her comeback in trying to get revenge on Angela would be iconic.

Most likely a challenge where winner goes back in.
Yes, that would not only give them one of six eps required to pad out the 24-ep season, but it also gives an extra HM, so it will really make up two of the six. Maybe even more than one of the evictees will get to stay?

Kieran the famous Youtuber
Zoe the Insta famous mummy blogger
Daniel the Insta famous ex AFL player
Mat who was previously on Think Tank
Marisa an ex 80's TV star
Sophie an ex olympic level athlete who had her career cut short by injury
Chad an Insta famous model
And then we also know of Mum of two Angela
Catching up with the promoted housemates and none of them have actually been evicted yet. Still hope Kieran is the first from that batch to go.

Must though commend the production on the age range this year - they've included older housemates in a way it actually works and feels natural, rather than having the awkward situation where you've one person there 10-20 years older than everyone else and painted as the parent of the house. Even Angela at 37 in previous seasons would have very much been the oldie of the house.

I do feel though we know absolutely nothing about most of the housemates. Dan played AFL, Kieran can't drive, Chad's a model and Angela likes tea. That seems to be about all we've learned.

Back