Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Housemates

I think 2 hours for a show is a bit draining and audiences may tune out. I'd rather shows be sharp and short like they used to.

But weren't the first show in the old big brother seasons usually pretty long? Because they had to introduce most of the housemates?

But weren't the first show in the old big brother seasons usually pretty long? Because they had to introduce most of the housemates?
True but that felt fresh cause new hm's were constantly being introduced throughout the show.

Interesting on one of the sunrise clips how Allan branded himself as a massive game player and said he "knows he can outlast all these housemates", I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to get in, but he could possibly be one to watch.

I noticed they’re really pushing Allan in the last couple days. Makes me wonder if they’d originally intended him to be in the line-up of HM reveal promos. He’s definitely sounding interesting!

Also in this morning’s interviews, Zoe mentioned that Daniel had a habit of “humping everything” in the house. 👀 We gonna see that, BB?

After Sunrise showed the casting tapes, I've been won over. The HMs do have an authenticty that I don't believe we've seen for a while.

Whether we get to see much of those personalities on the show is another story.

From what I saw on Sunrise I'm expecting there'll be more female housemates who are standouts this season. From the guys I still think Kieran might be one of the most popular with casual viewers.

Allan ...the actor:

I think Allan trolled Kyle and Jackie O and tried to suggest he was going back into the house. Right at the end of the interview.
he actually speaks quite well on media. Shame we didn’t see more of him imo.
He adds some extra info about the challenge and reveals they are not allowed to share beds.

Unfortunate that Laura and Allan were evicted rather than people that have little screen-time (which makes me assume they aren't doing anything interesting). With the new format it's a bit worrying for me that interesting or polarising housemates will be evicted too early.

I'd like to think that Kieran's high profile edit in these early eps is an indication that he won't last very long. Allan's eviction was more due to his annoyance factor than being perceived as a threat. If he doesn't go tonight I reckon he won't see out next week.

I'd like to think that Kieran's high profile edit in these early eps is an indication that he won't last very long. Allan's eviction was more due to his annoyance factor than being perceived as a threat. If he doesn't go tonight I reckon he won't see out next week.
Given the footage of the driving task/challenge that Kieran features in, and the hint in the EPG description "others better hold on tight" I suspect the challenge tonight is an endurance holding onto those poles we already saw in previews, meaning he will be staying tonight. O_O

Unfortunate that Laura and Allan were evicted rather than people that have little screen-time (which makes me assume they aren't doing anything interesting). With the new format it's a bit worrying for me that interesting or polarising housemates will be evicted too early.

It’s no different than the previous format tbh. The only significant change is that there’s no element to be saved.

That said I really think it’s too early to judge whether or not the remainder of the house is dull. As Jackie O pointed out in her interview with Allan there’s a tendency on Survivor for people to lay low in early rounds. I think we’ve got more than a few HM’s who’ve yet to come out of their shell.

The pre-recorded nature means that just like Survivor it's likely the edit in the early episodes will focus on people who won't be on screen long and those that do well will begin to feature more midway through the series.

Laura, Allan and Soobong never really got much airtime anyway - we only really saw Laura in the kitchen and the challenge, Allan was mainly through diary room footage and Soobong arrived in the cage, did a couple of press ups and left.

Back