Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020 has begun

Is it though?

Let's just hope that any blame for negativity surrounding this series falls on the fact that this series was pre-recorded. If 7 can still see value in the format long term perhaps they'll consider changes moving forward. That said I think they're making a solid move if they stick with the American format mixed with some of the more traditional elements of BB.

One thing which I think will be missed more than we realise is the knowledge that housemates have no idea about key news and sport events happening outside of the house. That's always been a big part of the show (and Australia made a feature of it during the finale) and it's not quite the same when they're missing events that by the time it airs they'll catch up on.

It is something that worldwide has given the format some important moments - from the revealing of 9/11 to the US housemates to them finding out about Trump being elected a few years back. Even in Love Island that is now carried through with it being broadcast as it's filmed - most tragically seen this week in the latest UK series when contestants had to be informed of the death of the (suspended) host of the show.
it is an interesting point - if some major event does happen while the house mates are filming will they tell them and film it and broadcast it? I could imagine the producers weighing up the pros and cons of good emotional television vs putting an obvious timeline on when it was filmed. (especially if they are showing us things out of chronological order of them happening so it would not add up)

Big Brother on a semi new semi old format, don't like how there's no audience. But I take what I can get I suppose.

it is an interesting point - if some major event does happen while the house mates are filming will they tell them and film it and broadcast it?
Knowing Australia you'll have gone through 3 PMs by the time it airs.

How seasonal is the weather in Sydney. Will it be noticeably different on screen for scenes filmed in March which might be broadcast in July.

Knowing Australia you'll have gone through 3 PMs by the time it airs.

How seasonal is the weather in Sydney. Will it be noticeably different on screen for scenes filmed in March which might be broadcast in July.
It's a bit rainy and overcast at the moment in Sydney.

Super impressed with how good the house looks, I'm hoping that seven are willing to give more room for our xenophobe in blonde to grow as a host tho. Also kinda hoping we get pictures of housemates being evicted if they can't afford to shield the front of the house off but I think they're intentionally letting leaks happen to grow interest in the reboot.

Back