Skip to main content

Ben Zabel recovering from overdose - Support for him

Maybe I'm harsh but its my opinion. I don't agree that she was merely creating a best wishes thread. I don't believe she was merely acting for the benefit of the forum when she was so keen to be sure it was posted. She took it on herself to inform everyone without considering what was best for Ben, someone she isn't close to. Intentions don't cover for the actual, predictable result. The predictable result was that plenty of criticism would be directed at Ben along with the support.

The thread devolved even more when the the focus became Ben2012 v. Estelle, something that would have easily been avoided. The hostility between these two is as predictable as the sun rising. Maybe something she could have thought through.

Maybe I'm so harsh because I care about Ben Zabel and I think his privacy deserves more respect. He deserves better than this mess of a thread.
Oh cobblers! Estelle didn't break any confidences. If Ben Zabel wanted this kept quiet he should have kept his gob shut and he shouldn't have announced it on Instagram. No one knew anything about it until he did that. You can't do something like that and then expect privacy, that's just bullshit. That Instagram post was when the media got hold of it - he told them! Estelle didn't announce it to the world, Ben did that himself and I think he got exactly the result he expected to get.

Estelle just posted a thread here about it just like every other forum member here would have I'd they came across the information first. Ben Norris is probably just pissed because he didn't get a scoopla scoop. I see he hasn't changed at all.

It throws the whole Tim & Ben's trip to Graceland in the air! What if he had an episode while doing that show? What would Tim do?

Wow Ben did a great job on Studio 10. He was very articulate and expressed himself really well.
I hope he learns to cope with his depressions so it doesn't get so extreme like a few weeks ago.

Back