Skip to main content

BBUSA Reindeer Games - starts Dec 11

I didn't notice it as much in the first episode, but I hope the editors that have seemingly fallen in love with the random slow-mo shots during competitions don't think of carrying those over into normal BB. They're stupid and random with how they're using them.

Ah, not noticed them but they'll probably ruin every episode for me now :)

The set design is pretty decent though.

This is a lot better than I was expecting. And I love how the challenges have a mixture of physical/social/mental elements. Both people eliminated so far have been known for winning physical comps. And the 3 or 4 "weakest" people in physical comps are still there!

I'm liking the change up in gameplay too. There was an argument for Cody picking a "weak" team so he had a better chance should he be in the Showdown too.

I don't think I've ever been as invested in a BB Competition as I was that Santa's Showdown. Such a clever twist in basically an individual challenge where if you lose you go home but if you won you choose someone else to face it, but with less time.

Feel they've shown more creativity in comps in 3 episodes of this than 23 years of Big Brother.

I don't think anyone could have predicted that the season would playout the way it has which has been interesting to watch. At this point, as long as Xavier doesn't end up winning I think I'd be happy with the outcome.

It's Frankie winning that would ruin it. Xavier I can live with or Taylor but Britney winning would make Christmas.

I've enjoyed Josh this season too - how different All Stars 2 might have been it he and Kaycee hadn't had to be pulled last minute.

I think it ended up better in the second half with the 60 minute episodes, rather than the unnecessary bloated ones in the first half. There just wasn't enough happening to make 90/120 minute length episodes required.

CBS have fallen in love with show bloat this year. Survivor and The Amazing Race also got bitten this year. :( Was bad enough that it finally had me stop watching TAR - and I'd been watching it since the very beginning in 2001. There was no need for it from the show's perspective.

The premiere could certainly have lost 30 minutes. I think episode 3 getting an extra 30 minutes was a last minute thing as originally it was scheduled for an hour. It actually worked in it's favour for those of us who didn't realise as we were watching it was an extended episode, making THAT moment even more surprising. Surprised the final wasn't extended TBH.

I do agree in general 90 minute episodes can be a drag - it's usually better editing rather than more time that is required. Big Brother competitions now can often play out in two parts over 10-15 minutes or so when in the early years they'd often be edited down to 6-8 minutes. A longer edit usually means more filler rather than more action, especially with reality TV producers across the board obsessed with contestants telling us what is happening or has happened in the diary room (or equivalent) rather than just showing us for ourselves. It feels we get so much reality TV second hand nowadays.

Back