Skip to main content

BBUS - Season 25

Brekkie

Staff member
First promo:

Also a couple of rumours doing the rounds - firstly it's back up to 99/100 days having been shortened the last couple of seasons. And secondly that it won't till August and then run through to early November due to the strike. Only seems to be one source for that at the moment so I'm not quite buying it yet, especially with Survivor and Amazing Race already extended to 90 minutes each to fill out Wednesdays.

July 12th has been the rumoured premiere date that I’ve heard with the show running in to October. Also rumours circulating of another CBB season floating about.

July sounds much more plausible. The writers strike would be a reason to extend it (which they have), not delay the season. Big Brother production employs writers, but they can press on without them. I also believe the rumour of a winter series being in development. It could end up being a short all stars season in the CBB format since the shorter time commitment might interest more fan favourites and past winners.

I imagine so given they've done it every year since 2020 now. TBH a pre-recorded show makes for a better premiere, but the live feeds going to air immediately has been really beneficial over the last couple of years and actually that first week has explained so much. Think it was critical to Taylor's arc last year.

I imagine so given they've done it every year since 2020 now. TBH a pre-recorded show makes for a better premiere, but the live feeds going to air immediately has been really beneficial over the last couple of years and actually that first week has explained so much. Think it was critical to Taylor's arc last year.
Agreed live move-in is here to stay. Although I do think moving to 90 minutes for at least the first week is necessary in order to fix some of the pacing issues with the first week. Pacing in the first week has always been an issue but it’s become particularly apparent in the live premiere episode. An hour on Sunday just isn’t enough time to recap the live move in and tell a cohesive story leading to the first round of nominations. That first week of episodes is very much blink and you’ll miss it when it’s often the most interesting in terms of changing dynamics and gameplay.

I know they like more than 24 hours to edit the show now but I think launching with two hour long shows on the Wed/Thu would be best - keeping the premiere fairly simple with the move in and then starting an endurance comp for HoH in the first, then the second would have the highlights of the conclusion of that and a bit more first night action, the first HoH room reveal (perhaps live - though after the Have Not room farce perhaps not!) and then end with the reveal of a twist.

I know they like more than 24 hours to edit the show now but I think launching with two hour long shows on the Wed/Thu would be best - keeping the premiere fairly simple with the move in and then starting an endurance comp for HoH in the first, then the second would have the highlights of the conclusion of that and a bit more first night action, the first HoH room reveal (perhaps live - though after the Have Not room farce perhaps not!) and then end with the reveal of a twist.
TBH Sunday would make for a much better premiere day than Wednesday.

Pure speculation and posting for the sake of talking points but spoilergirl is currently reporting that we’ll have a new house for BB26. May be some truth to it if the current studios are part of the planned Radford Lot makeover.

That said while thinking of possibilities a new house could bring I wouldn’t be shocked if very little if anything actually changed. Team Grodner are way too set in their ways to learn new tricks let along be creative enough to come up with a new layout.

Yeah, I think if they wanted to do a major redesign of the house they would've already done it. I think it'll be much the same as the second BBCAN shift, where the only changes will be forced by the physical allotment of the new studio space. We may get some minor expansions (like how they extended the loft area a couple of years back) - but I think they like the balance of quiet strat corners and drama caused by living on top of each other that the current house layout brings.

Yeah, I think if they wanted to do a major redesign of the house they would've already done it. I think it'll be much the same as the second BBCAN shift, where the only changes will be forced by the physical allotment of the new studio space. We may get some minor expansions (like how they extended the loft area a couple of years back) - but I think they like the balance of quiet strat corners and drama caused by living on top of each other that the current house layout brings.
I'm not holding my breath in terms of the truth of that rumour nor am I of the belief that much will actually change. That said the move from BBCAN house V.1 to V.2 was a massively unexpected surprise so who knows...

Would at least be a show of faith from CBS if they got a new house and would guarantee it probably through to BB30 at least.

Agree similar to when they moved the first time the changes would be minimal (all they did really for BB6 was flip the layout and add the upstairs). That said though producers have said in recent years about wanting to do things and not having the space and then did acquire the additional space for challenges which has helped alot, though they could really do with a separate back yard and challenge arena so the houseguests aren't locked inside for days everytime they set up a competition.

Would at least be a show of faith from CBS if they got a new house and would guarantee it probably through to BB30 at least.

Agree similar to when they moved the first time the changes would be minimal (all they did really for BB6 was flip the layout and add the upstairs). That said though producers have said in recent years about wanting to do things and not having the space and then did acquire the additional space for challenges which has helped alot, though they could really do with a separate back yard and challenge arena so the houseguests aren't locked inside for days everytime they set up a competition.
(cough) the Chenbot & her show have connections in high places lol a new house, new schedule would be great for her since she had to give up her talk show. Maybe she's doing something new too which changed the timing of BBUSA

Her hubby has long been sacked as boss of CBS. The only reason it's moved this summer is due to the writers strike.

Although I'm not as negative about Julie as I once was, or wasn't till her god-bothering stage at least, I think 25 series would be a decent time to bow out and the show would benefit from a new host as much as a new house, assuming they get that right.

Her hubby has long been sacked as boss of CBS. The only reason it's moved this summer is due to the writers strike.

Although I'm not as negative about Julie as I once was, or wasn't till her god-bothering stage at least, I think 25 series would be a decent time to bow out and the show would benefit from a new host as much as a new house, assuming they get that right.
If they get rid of Julie they might as well scrap Team Grodner as well and get some new leadership in place.

(cough) I was joking...

Back