Skip to main content

BBUS 24 - Now airing on CBS

They did pretty well with it but it could have done with at least an extra half hour. Indy and Alyssa didn't feature at all when Indy's slop moment was a key moment, and although Daniel and Nicole are quite rightly the main targets moving forward (though I don't think they'll put Taylor at risk this week at least) the Indy and Alyssa pairing is I think the only option to put two of the opposing alliance on the block next week and ensure no risk to themselves of a flip.

Interesting to see how the survivor benefits (or not) moving forward. Sounds like it won't be a "Golden Key" so I'm wondering if they'll be paired up with Jasmine, with Turner having to sit out of HoH. Perhaps then the individual HoH will reign alone and their partner gets paired up with Turner.

Daniel though IMO much worse than anything Jack or Jackson did in BB21. Absolutely disgusting behaviour, all prompted by Nicole being a complete and utter bitch of course. Fair play to Ammerah actually for having a moment of (very quietly) defending Taylor, but the fact she and others sat back and let Nicole and Daniel attack Taylor and did nothing in the moment to defend her, even if the likes of Michael were involved in the bigger plan it was quite sad to see no one publicly defending her in the moment.

They really haven’t said it would be a benefit if they survive. Apparently the surviving bestie will join another group of besties.

Like I said earlier the surviving bestie is joining another set of besties. Same rules apply.

Terrence chose to join Joseph and Monte.

Alyssa and Indy seem to be the targets this week.

Let’s hope this forces productions hands in terms of including some of the odd behaviours she’s displayed in pursuit of a Kyle showmance.

Despite production still whitewashing a lot of what’s gone on this season, I’m living for the fact that their hands have been tied in terms of how much they can actually leave on the cutting room floor and still have the overall narrative make sense.

I have just caught up with this season. Is there any where to watch the live feeds for free? I tried to use paramount plus with a VPN and had no success. if there isn't another way to watch them does anyone recommend somewhere to get updates preferably videos?

It takes something to be the most vile housemate in BBUS history, but Daniel has managed it. Zero class and so glad we're now rid.

The Festie Bestie twist worked out alright in the end - the campaign against it before it even got going was ridiculous and ultimately what people feared became the thing that worked about it thanks to a change in the dominant alliance. Ultimately Poes Pack tried to stack the odds in their favour without counting on the partners they chose as collateral damage for future evictions joining forces and turning the tables on them.

That's end now. We had the Wall comp and...

Taylor won HoH, making her "revenge day" even more perfect.

Next week also a twist they've not done in the US before - splitting the house. For one week they'll be two simultaneous games of Big Brother with no contact between the two groups, so be interesting to see how they do that as the house isn't really designed to be split. Wonder if the so far unused second set will be used as a second house for the week.

It takes something to be the most vile housemate in BBUS history, but Daniel has managed it. Zero class and so glad we're now rid.

The Festie Bestie twist worked out alright in the end - the campaign against it before it even got going was ridiculous and ultimately what people feared became the thing that worked about it thanks to a change in the dominant alliance. Ultimately Poes Pack tried to stack the odds in their favour without counting on the partners they chose as collateral damage for future evictions joining forces and turning the tables on them.

That's end now. We had the Wall comp and...

Taylor won HoH, making her "revenge day" even more perfect.

Next week also a twist they've not done in the US before - splitting the house. For one week they'll be two simultaneous games of Big Brother with no contact between the two groups, so be interesting to see how they do that as the house isn't really designed to be split. Wonder if the so far unused second set will be used as a second house for the week.
I still think the campaign against the twist was warranted. We’ve now had two back to back series where the normal game dynamics have been messed with for several weeks.

Next week makes week 7 meaning in only 2 of 7 weeks has the game been allowed to play out as intended. The leftovers forming was a bonus but really hasn’t tipped the scales in terms of whether the twist was actually worthwhile.

Watching them seize power would have been much more interesting if it wasn’t so easy to target members of the opposing alliance.

We’re well overdue for a back to basics BB10 style season with minimal twists.

As for next weeks twist I believe it will be one half playing inside the house and the others will be in the backyard. They’ll likely use the alternative competition space for all the comps throughout the week. Or at least that’s what I’m seeing on Twitter.

BBUS is at a stage though where they need to change the game dynamics with their twists. After years of not really doing so would much rather they try than not, and if a twist doesn't change the game dynamics arguably it's a failed twist.

And although BB23/24 may have had twists that changed the rules I don't think four seasons prior to it did - well other than the power twists.

BBUS is at a stage though where they need to change the game dynamics with their twists. After years of not really doing so would much rather they try than not, and if a twist doesn't change the game dynamics arguably it's a failed twist.

And although BB23/24 may have had twists that changed the rules I don't think four seasons prior to it did - well other than the power twists.
Sure but not 5 out of 7 weeks of a series. As was said in relation to BBUK twists stop being twists when they’re used too frequently. At this point having no twist is a twist.

I don't consider one twist running multiple weeks a problem - indeed I much prefer it to random twists every other week.

I'm not completely sold on next weeks twist though off the back of Festie Besties ending. It feels like it needed to be done when there were 12 or 14 in the game, and personally I think it would be better off playing out over the live two hour show rather than over a week - though longer term splitting the house for a week may affect the game moving forward more.

And at least I'm fairly confident with BBUS the split will either be fairly random or through a schoolyard pick, rather than pre-determined by producers.

I don't consider one twist running multiple weeks a problem - indeed I much prefer it to random twists every other week.
At this point if they feel the need to introduce twists that change up the game dynamics for weeks at a time they should consider refreshing or reimagining game dynamics on a more long term basis.

I think what most fans hated about the twists this year has been that partnering or group play has never been popular and to have it in back to back seasons is a bit much. Also the length of the twists… It really feels like the first half of the game is a few weeks of this, a few weeks of that, and the real game doesn’t start until well in to the post jury phase.

I've not been a fan of their three week cycle of twists in recent years - they've done that a few seconds now with two or three different elements playing out in blocks of three weeks. I think though the way it's structured this year and the season being a couple of weeks short means Festie Besties will be the only such twist, with the split being just a one week thing. Can't see them then doing something in the final three weeks.

Not launching with Festie Besties seemed a bit odd too but actually worked out and I could see the logic in doing it - meant more strategy in the twist rather than random day 1 picks. And although they probably could have got another couple of weeks out of it they're ending it at the right time really.

I generally seem to disagree with the majority of the BBUSA fanbase on most things BBUSA but for me this is easily the best version of any pairs twist that they've done, and probably the best out of any team twist too.

Why the fuck is this episode two hours long? They're REALLY dragging it out.

I only watched the last half hour because I wanted to see how this twist would play out. I thought Julie said there would be two HoH comps?

Also how in a two hour episode were they not able to finish the HoH comp and split the house?

So did I - but I just checked and it was just a false memory as there was no mention of two competitions at the end of last Thursday's episode.

Wait, so let me get this straight;

They split the house in half for next week so they can do “two episodes in one”, but the actual 2 hour episode was this week?

Amazing job Grodner ;)

Well Jasmine is done for as she's the only non-leftover in Michael's game - can't imagine he will go for Taylor or Monte unless Jasmine wins the veto by some grace of god. Wouldn't go down overly well with the others once the game becomes whole again.

Couldn't predict what Terrance is going to do though.

God, they really wasted that two hour slot. The ep before dragged too.

Should at least have had the schoolyard pick to finish the show. And really was there any point in bringing back an audience?

No surprise though Michael was the one to fill everyone in on the alliance in the goodbye messages.

This twist has potential and is essentially a variation of the rich/poor twist without the house adapted to accommodate it. Camping in the backyard does fit in with the BB Fest theme. Seems they have no tents though - just a gazebo for shade.

Back