Skip to main content

BBUS 24 - Now airing on CBS

They certainly left it open to interpretation over whether Paloma quit or was ejected. Let's appreciate one thing though - viewers were able to see that first week fold out for themselves. In the past an early boot would be kicked out before feeds started and it completely glossed over by the show.

Sadly though the first week has now pretty much made this season a write off. For these issues to happen time and time again it is no wonder people point the finger at CBS and Big Brother, and deservedly so I normally think. However it is now so common I think it is time fans started asking the more difficult question about whether Big Brother is, as originally intended, just reflecting society. Housemates views and behaviours are formed long before they enter the Big Brother house and it is pretty dismissive to suggest microaggressions only occur in the BB house - we know for many people they're an everyday part of their life.
Brekkie I think you’re wrong. If it’s a reflection of society CBS shouldn’t be whitewashing these situations and like many of us they should be striving to do better. Racism and micro aggressions may be a part of everyday life but they don’t need to be part of the BB game.

Oh it's very clear production wouldn't of tried to keep her there. She probably was in a state where she was already asking to leave and they said "Amazing, here's the door" 😆

What a chaotic episode of BB. This is the excitement of LIVE Big Brother.

I actually don't agree with this. Quits in BBUS are extremely rare and we know more than anything that production loves to stick to their rigid schedule. Paloma's exit definitely caused a lot of last minute stress heading into the first eviction episode and it definitely showed tonight. Julie seemed out of sorts, I'm sure Allison was scrambling backstage... the whole thing was a bit of a mess.

I actually don't agree with this. Quits in BBUS are extremely rare and we know more than anything that production loves to stick to their rigid schedule. Paloma's exit definitely caused a lot of last minute stress heading into the first eviction episode and it definitely showed tonight. Julie seemed out of sorts, I'm sure Allison was scrambling backstage... the whole thing was a bit of a mess.
We don’t know whether Paloma quit or whether production removed her for her own safety. Either case wouldn’t have been taken lightly due to the chaos it would cause.

Couldn't help but laugh at the cruel joke in the recap at the start of tonight's episode - referring to Jasmine twisting her ankle as "an unexpected twist".

Also Pooch is an idiot.

Twitter and Reddit in flames because Taylor (by her words) is horny enough to want to fuck Daniel...

11F5C097-362B-4563-9AA8-11967B85485F.gif

Couldn't help but laugh at the cruel joke in the recap at the start of tonight's episode - referring to Jasmine twisting her ankle as "an unexpected twist".

Also Pooch is an idiot.
They can be funny when they try. Also see the nominations ceremony last night too.

Wasn't willing to jump on the Taylor train just because she was this years week one victim but she really stood out last night as an outstanding houseguest in her own right - just naturally entertaining.

Thursday’s eviction has been moved to Friday this week due to the prime-time January 6th hearings.

Bloody Trump still ruining things. Just hope they actually move it to Friday and don't record it Thursday then block the feeds for a day (to be fair I think it's been a while since they pulled a stunt like that, unlike BBCAN).

Bloody Trump still ruining things. Just hope they actually move it to Friday and don't record it Thursday then block the feeds for a day (to be fair I think it's been a while since they pulled a stunt like that, unlike BBCAN).
Agreed. As for pre-recording if they do it’s usually only a few hours before the episode goes out. The days of blocked fees for days at a time went out with the old double eviction format.

That said the HG’s were told that they had an hour of access to the back yard earlier today and that they would be in lockdown for “several days”. It does seem odd that they’d close the yard for such a lengthy amount of time.

This season may not be the most exciting but it is nice to see the woman being the more dominant game players for once.

Aside from Michael the men don’t seem to stand a chance.

Pooch volunteering to go up as a pawn is one of the dumbest moves anyone could make at this point.

Daniel has made himself an easy target by playing too hard too fast.

The other men just seem like deadweight.

Sadly while attitudes towards Taylor seem to be changing slightly I think she’ll continue to be a target. The move to keep her at this point is just strategy.

That said the HG’s were told that they had an hour of access to the back yard earlier today and that they would be in lockdown for “several days”. It does seem odd that they’d close the yard for such a lengthy amount of time.
Yes, you'd think they'd be doing more to ensure the contestants weren't locked in for days at a time. Celeb BB managed a small garden which could be used whilst the rest of the yard was used for comps (well, the first two series did, assume it was the same this year). Even if it's just for an hour in the morning and an hour at night.

They should just do it on Wednesday.
They’d have to extend the episode to at least 90 minutes and bump The Challenge to another night. Based on how phoned in this season has been and how much CBS has been promoting The Challenge seems to be their premier offering this summer.

Not really - they've done the Veto and Eviction in the same episode plenty of times before - just means a tighter edit. Probably wouldn't include the HoH but that seems to be carried over to Sunday more and more often now anyway.

They could even make it a genuine surprise eviction that the housemates really have no reason to suspect.

^ they've only really done that in the endgame when they rush F5 and F4 into a single week because they're lacking in content, but even then they've held back on that lately.

I suspect it'll be back this year with the shorter season. And I'm sure they've done it in Celeb BB too, plus of course Canada do it in week 1. It's not ideal but better than pre-recording a show and blocking feeds for three days.

So Paramount+ had confirmed the feeds will be back post eviction. So no blackout despite the delayed eviction episode.

Back