Skip to main content

BBUS 23 (includes live feed and episode spoilers)

Although he thinks anyone sat next to Xavier is safe. Does SB still hate Hannah - she was heavily featured targetting her earlier in the season yet when it should have been a potential storyline a couple of weeks ago it wasn't mentioned at all. I'd have thought Hannah would be her target - or has Kyland done the hard work in avoiding that being the case?
So far Kyland has full control over the HoH. I’d also say that while we haven’t really had a resolution of SB vs Hannah I’d say it’s pretty much finished.

I’m at a point in the series where I’m not really sure whether to ride it out for the next 5 weeks or just give up. While this series showed a ton of promise in the early game it really hasn’t lived up to its potential.

I'm really enjoying this season. It was the first season in a long time that I've liked the majority of the cast. In another reality, I would've loved to of seen a Claire, DX, Hannah, and Tiffany F4 but the cookout is something special.

So far the cookout has been an incredible alliance, the number of arguments and vendettas in the alliance hasn't imploded in on itself like many majority alliances before it. The CO members having a person on the outside but always staying loyal to the group is something really respectable to watch and a great strategy.

I've seen that Ky and X may be the ones to ruin the CO final 6 plan so let's hope that for the alliance's sake they can make history but I also wouldn't mind seeing an outsider go for Ky, X, or Big D and shake up the gameplay a bit.

Personally I agree with Kingston. I’m considering not even watching. I’ve already stopped watching feeds. I just look up the results of comps and noms when they happen. The target gets determined from the start of the week and then that’s it from there. The cast is better than recent years but the gameplay isn’t at all fluid. It’s just a waiting game until the cook out has to turn on each other and that’s not for another 3 rounds. Hoping for the triple eviction to happen again just for it to potentially force the cook out to turn on each other earlier than expected.

Hoping for the triple eviction to happen again just for it to potentially force the cook out to turn on each other earlier than expected.
It's not going to happen until we get to the top seven. A two hour episode will air September 16th (and it's only one hour episodes until then) and it'll have to be a triple eviction to get the house down to the right numbers for the finale. So if the Cookout survives, they'll go from celebrating achieving their goal to pretty much immediately cutting two of their own.

It's rare I complete a whole BBUS season - follow it but you don't need the episodes to know what's going on and they rarely deliver anything you haven't seen before, especially when the comps are usually the same each season. That said though it's only four weeks or so to go.

Never mind triples - they could probably have done with a double before they get too deep into the game. A triple towards the end though seems a bit pointless when houseguests know the final is a week or so away and there is not much choice in who goes on the block, although last year having it I think at the 9-6 stage just put the final nail in the coffin of an already dull series leaving us with weeks of the slow inevitable path to Cody winning.

For me if they're going to do a triple it should be the first week evictees become jurors and double up as a battle back, with one of the three returning.

So far the cookout has been an incredible alliance, the number of arguments and vendettas in the alliance hasn't imploded in on itself like many majority alliances before it. The CO members having a person on the outside but always staying loyal to the group is something really respectable to watch and a great strategy.
So far The Cookout have been “incredible” in that this is the first alliance of POC who’ve dominated the game. That said their strategy is far from unique. As Brekkie has said the Brigade in BB12 used the same strategy. Gameplay has been pretty stagnant, each target could be seen a mile away and the majority alliance has always had the numbers to secure the vote. Anyone not in The Cookout is just waiting their turn to take their place in the jury at this point.

It's not going to happen until we get to the top seven. A two hour episode will air September 16th (and it's only one hour episodes until then) and it'll have to be a triple eviction to get the house down to the right numbers for the finale. So if the Cookout survives, they'll go from celebrating achieving their goal to pretty much immediately cutting two of their own.
The triple is going to be a massive disappointment as we’re going to lose so much gameplay as the first Cookout member is evicted. It’s pretty much guaranteed it will be DF or Azah.

How do you stop a majority alliance dominating in a manner that isn't an outright fix? Survivor tend to use tribe swaps and far too many idols to try and swing the balance, but with Big Brother we've never really had two competing large alliances in the US at least - certainly not in the last decade.

Canada did change the course of their second season with the viewers HoH which saw two of the main alliance see the block for the first time that season - but that wasn't a majority alliance, it was just one alliance of 5 that had had a run of luck. There smaller alliances still dominate really.

How do you stop a majority alliance dominating in a manner that isn't an outright fix? Survivor tend to use tribe swaps and far too many idols to try and swing the balance, but with Big Brother we've never really had two competing large alliances in the US at least - certainly not in the last decade.

Canada did change the course of their second season with the viewers HoH which saw two of the main alliance see the block for the first time that season - but that wasn't a majority alliance, it was just one alliance of 5 that had had a run of luck. There smaller alliances still dominate really.
Outright rigging at this point wouldn’t be such a bad thing and not guarantee the fan base would look past it.

This probably would need to be done pre-jury but just as Survivor has the merges about about a double eviction where the house is split into two distinct groups.

Have a HoH comp which results in two HoHs. Have the two HoHs then pick teams (not knowing why). Once picked they find out they can only nominate within their group and the week plays out with two eviction cycles in parallel. Of course it could backfire and just see two non-alliance members go anyway, but it would be far from a certainty even if only two of the six in each group are outside of the alliance.

Probably a diamond power of veto, coup d’état or any twist used in bb19. As much as I hate twists like that I’m honestly open to anything to help the minority players. A viewers vote for something would be ideal IMO.

If it's weekly until then we'd really have been better off with two doubles than one triple.

Interesting. I wonder if this means a move for BB or whether they’ll just lease back the current studio space. If it is a move hopefully they address the need for a separate competition arena and don’t just rebuild with the current layout.

I wouldn't be opposed to a new house. It doesn't fix any issues in terms of gameplay but may push to the producers to enforce a new "era" of Big Brother which may in turn result in changes to the format purely for the fact of it being a new location.

I wouldn't be opposed to a new house. It doesn't fix any issues in terms of gameplay but may push to the producers to enforce a new "era" of Big Brother which may in turn result in changes to the format purely for the fact of it being a new location.
The only way I think we'd see substantial changes to BB is if they fired AG & Co and brought in a brand new team. I don't see that happening.

Yes, a new team would do the show a world of good.

As for the house - considering when they moved back in 2005 they basically did little more than flip the layout and add the HoH room above I wouldn't be surprised if they did little more than just rebuild it. Indeed that is pretty much all Canada did when they moved second time around - indeed first time around all they did was lift the bedrooms to the second floor really. However they have a much better core layout with a design team which genuniely makes the house feel different from year to year despite the layout being essentially the same.

Back