Skip to main content

BBUS 23 (includes live feed and episode spoilers)

Frenchie is such a bullshiter… He ends the episode saying he’d never quit, meanwhile he’s threatened to self-evict.

There is always one sore loser - that's why being the first HoH is rarely a good idea. Bet he wishes he took the gamble now as I think even had he lost it he wouldn't have been a week one target.

As for Tiffany - liking her alot but fear her game will come crashing down sooner rather than later. Azah my favourite so far, but I won't tip her to win as I don't want to curse her with being evicted next week.

The finale date is set for Wed 29th September. It'll be two hours this year as it's not sharing the night with the Survivor premiere - that airs a week earlier and is two hours itself. That makes it an 85 day season, which is the same as All Stars last year but the shortest summer run since 2012

There is always one sore loser - that's why being the first HoH is rarely a good idea. Bet he wishes he took the gamble now as I think even had he lost it he wouldn't have been a week one target.

Eh, I think the whole "it's a bad game move to win the first HOH" myth has been debunked because year after year we've seen the first HOH set the tone of the season by gathering a massive alliance and riding that out to the end game. Just in the most recent seasons you've had Cody, Nicole, Rachel, and Hayden all go on to win after being the first HOH, Tyler make F2, and a bunch of other people make it deep into the game. The Week 1 HOHs who end up getting evicted soon after are the ones who had great positions and just fucked them up due to their own mistakes, such as Cody Nickson and Willie Hantz and presumably now Frenchie.

Eh, I think the whole "it's a bad game move to win the first HOH" myth has been debunked because year after year we've seen the first HOH set the tone of the season by gathering a massive alliance and riding that out to the end game. Just in the most recent seasons you've had Cody, Nicole, Rachel, and Hayden all go on to win after being the first HOH, Tyler make F2, and a bunch of other people make it deep into the game. The Week 1 HOHs who end up getting evicted soon after are the ones who had great positions and just fucked them up due to their own mistakes, such as Cody Nickson and Willie Hantz and presumably now Frenchie.

Agree 100% with this

Let’s hope the curse returns as the only way it was broken meant forming a mass alliance and picking off the outsiders. It’s not very interesting to watch.

Haven't been able to keep up with the feeds as much as I would have liked to this week. Is Frenchie the the main target? Is there a chance at the vote going towards Britini? Is slaughter house still a thing? I found this week's Sunday episode a lot more interesting with more content being focused on the players rather than just recapping the launch (which is to be expected given it was the first episode). I am very much a fan of Tiffany, and for plain and simply simping reasons I like Christian LOL. At the moment I hate the wildcard comp, it eats up too much time and the reasoning behind the nominees is randomly thrown into the plot at the very end to justify and explain it. I'm unsure if the editing distribution has always been like this or if it is because I am being exposed to feeds for the first time in my Big Brother viewing life and I am just noticing how much does not actually make it to air. Overall I am enjoying the season more than BB18,19,21 and 22.

Am I the only one getting Danielle Reyes vibes from Tiffany?

I feel the same. Hearing her state she knows that if she hears anyone speak of the votes then she will know Frenchie said "because it won't come from her" shows to me she has a strategic mind at the very least and is aware of other people and how to approach situations if she is caught in a tough spot. And also the fake crying with Azah was as hilarious as it was smart. She seems to be well positioned in the house from what I have read, heard and seen. She has shown she understands the game and is making moves regarding her social bonds in the house rather than trying to control the vote specifically. Which itself is kind of the inverse of Danielle Reyes? Danielle managed one side of the house quite well but was more so focused on ensuring she had the numbers to eliminate Roddy's side of the house. So I see Tiffany as almost mending and focusing on what Danielle neglected to do overall.

I feel the same. Hearing her state she knows that if she hears anyone speak of the votes then she will know Frenchie said "because it won't come from her" shows to me she has a strategic mind at the very least and is aware of other people and how to approach situations if she is caught in a tough spot. And also the fake crying with Azah was as hilarious as it was smart. She seems to be well positioned in the house from what I have read, heard and seen. She has shown she understands the game and is making moves regarding her social bonds in the house rather than trying to control the vote specifically. Which itself is kind of the inverse of Danielle Reyes? Danielle managed one side of the house quite well but was more so focused on ensuring she had the numbers to eliminate Roddy's side of the house. So I see Tiffany as almost mending and focusing on what Danielle neglected to do overall.
Totally agree. On reflection though Danielle didn’t neglect social strategy so much as she was a savage in the DR and neglected to anticipate how she’d be perceived by the players she evicted. Something Tiffany won’t have to worry about as much. That said I think you’re correct in saying that Tiffany is playing though soft strategy rather than full on control. I don’t think the other HG’s realize right now just how well she’s playing.

So Frenchie is going tonight and people are talking about Brent as next weeks target. While I am liking this season a lot more it does seem rather predictable. Whitney seems like a likely next target after Brent. Here’s hoping once the easy targets and teams twist are gone smaller factions start to form and the larger alliances break up.

I am the very least happy that Frenchie's attempt to build an eight person alliance to run has failed. I am very much getting great vibes from Tiffany.

I’m happy with the kings and queens working together, I like them all decently enough. Tiffany has positioned herself incredibly well in this game. I’m enjoying this season far more than the last few.

I’m happy with the kings and queens working together, I like them all decently enough. Tiffany has positioned herself incredibly well in this game. I’m enjoying this season far more than the last few.
Time will tell. The downside of the series has been its predictability. Hopefully once the teams twist ends and the obvious targets are gone it encourages more independent gameplay. I won’t stick with the series if it’s just going to be the house working together to pick off an outcast every week. As for Tiffany I’m hoping she doesn’t become a female Derrick. The truly great BB players all faced some sort of adversity throughout their journey to the top. Watching her continue to easily influence each and every eviction will get old very fast.

Time will tell. The downside of the series has been its predictability. Hopefully once the teams twist ends and the obvious targets are gone it encourages more independent gameplay. I won’t stick with the series if it’s just going to be the house working together to pick off an outcast every week. As for Tiffany I’m hoping she doesn’t become a female Derrick. The truly great BB players all faced some sort of adversity throughout their journey to the top. Watching her continue to easily influence each and every eviction will get old very fast.
I agree the gameplay is rather stagnant and it is disappointing to see the a mass alliance. But the casting overall has me intrigued. I am hoping when the team twist ends it becomes more dynamic. Next week may even be more interesting once Brent is gone. I did find the Frenchie week boring, but like I mentioned I am liking the cast a lot. My only complaint about watching BBUS live with live feeds is knowing the nominees, veto winner, veto decision and replacement nominee all before the episode airs. It just makes watching the episode a lot less eventful and I'm just watching it to see how well they edit everything I've watched already. The feeds although in saying that are cut a ridiculous amount lmao. But I am still enjoying it as a show to watch. I don't get too annoyed about watching a player dominate, it is boring to watch but I do rather find myself impressed when they do so. But even so as an initial fan from the BBAU format its the casting that will keep me intrigued even if the gameplay is meh. I share a lot of the issues several other people have with BB16, but due to the cast I found that I enjoyed it more than most (and even more on re rewatch given that I actually watched that season live when it aired although with no feeds and also never having seen BBUS before so my entire understanding and mindset back then is a complete 180 from now after my entire binge of the show). I found the last 2 weeks of this season more interesting than any of the post Janelle episodes of BB22. The only series I can say I have enjoyed since BB16 is BB20 (A lot of people praise BB17 and Vanessa, I find the season to be overrated, too long, the cast was eh, winner was really eh and Vanessa I find slightly overrated) so for me this is the first season I have really enjoyed since the Britney Haynes/Rachel Riley/Dan Gheesling/Daniele Donato seasons.

Although it's a wise game move it does mean we're now potentially in the same position as every season - a large allianice of half the house dominating the early stages of the show.

It's a shame, but unsurprising, that to address that issues, which the producers freely admit is an issue, they just lazily thought teams would fix it rather than exploring how they could use the Risk/Reward theme more to throw more curveballs into any plans. Talking of which what was the Wildcard twist this week?

Eh, I don't think we're REALLY in the same position as every other year. Slaughterhouse was definitely created with the intent of being another mega alliance that steamrolls but this year the power dynamics are a lot more fluid and it's a lot of pairs and smaller groups who just happen to have the same collective interests right now (get Frenchie out last week, get Brent out this week, possibly get Whitney out next week.) But this group doesn't seem set on riding one major alliance to the end and then duking it out from there.

Eh, I don't think we're REALLY in the same position as every other year. Slaughterhouse was definitely created with the intent of being another mega alliance that steamrolls but this year the power dynamics are a lot more fluid and it's a lot of pairs and smaller groups who just happen to have the same collective interests right now (get Frenchie out last week, get Brent out this week, possibly get Whitney out next week.) But this group doesn't seem set on riding one major alliance to the end and then duking it out from there.

This is how I see it too. Not so much as a mass alliance but merely 2 teams having each other’s backs to get through the team phase. Hopefully once the team phase is over after next week the players don’t feel they need to be shoehorned into an alliance with their team.

I don't like to question how people pronounce their own name but isn't it usually Xavier, not XXavier.

Back