Skip to main content

BBUK 2016 - Series discussion

...one good thing about the outside audience area is that because there are less of them they don't seem to be so vocal and obnoxious and are not 'booing' them so much all the time... I wonder whether the Producers have told them that they're not allowed to boo people now?... but still... early days I guess... they will become pain in the arses again... especially while Emma is doing their exit interviews I bet... I always hated the audience when they screamed out over Emma... maybe the audience has been told?... cheers.

...I so agree with this huwman... they are always such bullshit aren't they?... cheers.
cant find the video but in chelseas interview he clarifies saying hes missing his bentley over his kids with "well they asked me what materialistic things id missed"[DOUBLEPOST=1465394658][/DOUBLEPOST]
...one good thing about the outside audience area is that because there are less of them they don't seem to be so vocal and obnoxious and are not 'booing' them so much all the time... I wonder whether the Producers have told them that they're not allowed to boo people now?... but still... early days I guess... they will become pain in the arses again... especially while Emma is doing their exit interviews I bet... I always hated the audience when they screamed out over Emma... maybe the audience has been told?... cheers.
i hate how theyre allowed to boo
hopefully the interview area is so far away they cant hear the crowd

Agreed Emma needs to take a leaf out of Gretel's book and tell the crowd to be quiet every now and then:D

Just saw the launch. Evelyn the girl from Sydney is one to watch. I like a fair few of them at this stage but also dislike a few so I am interested to watch the first week unfold. A lot of fans over in the UK are complaining about the housemates being celeb z listers and none of them being "normal people". That type of thing would probably bother me if it was BBAU but being a fan of BBUK way over here in Australia I am somewhat detached to all that stuff and I don't really care about the housemates status outside of the house. Once they enter it is fair game and I am merely interested in the housemates as characters and which ones I find entertaining.

I know this question gets asked every series but I need to ask to it... :rolleyes:
Does anybody know where I can watch it? :angelic:

My previous source kind-of died! :unsure:
Same!

Please help, noobs!

I would love to watch this series![DOUBLEPOST=1465425135][/DOUBLEPOST]
They have soooooo many weird people in the UK don't they?
I know!

I simply adored Celebrity BB!

No one does drama like the poms!!

I think it's been clear for many years, even in the later years on Channel 4, that the booing was both encouraged and even co-ordinated by the producers. It was never random and uncontrolled. I never liked it but the whole vote to evict and the way the HMs were always portrayed from the VTs to the discussion shows always put the focus for much of the audience on hating rather than liking HMs.

To me these aren't really celebs, but then CBB feels like that too most of the time now. Big strange characters are nothing new to BB, it started from the 5th series really. The problem is when they just cast based on looks, and I would prefer more from the auditions as those people want to be on the program the most, some of those headhunted can just see it as a stepping stone in their z list career.

Okay, first opinions on people

Marco
He seems pretty cool but he'd fit the bogan part of the house. If theres going to be a fight he's going to be the one to do it

Emma and Victoria
They seem really fun and happy. I think I'm going to enjoy watching them but hopefully their happy - go lucky natures won't grind my gears. They don't seem too annoying though

Andy
The former reporter I really like, He seems to be the kind of person who would stick up fro himself and his opinions. I think he'll be a great housemate.

Laura
Uhhh, Sorry. My reaction is the same as the audience's. Boo. Go away you fucking chav.

Alex

I didn't realise Dion from BBAU11 could do a british accent. I really didn't like Dion and really don't like Alex. Not a favourite certainly.

Lateysha

No.

Evelyn
Wow an aussie! Cool! Doesn't make me like her any more because she's a bogan but I think she'll be popular

Sam
What a fucking show pony in his VT but in the house he seems really nice so I'm still undecided.

Georgina
Posh Twat. Yes deary, everybody does have an opinion of you and its a bad 0ne. Eww

Jason
I really like Jason, He's very set in his words and I like that about him. I like how he awkwardly walked into the stage. I think he'll be like Darren Day in CBB.

Jackson
Hmmm... I'm not too sure really, He seems pretty funny but I hate the british bogan stereotype that he is. Not a fan

Chelsea
His voice annoys me. What a fucking showpony rich kid. Get out

As for the other housemates, we haven't really seen too much about them and frankly I don't care. All we've seen is them stupidly doing that first task. Not really a fan of the actual people but I like the concept of the "Others"

OH BTW, news from tellymix is that the studio is meant to have 400 capacity but because of Health and Safety it could only hold 200, which may mean there could be more booing and cheering in later episodes

Just saw the launch. Evelyn the girl from Sydney is one to watch. I like a fair few of them at this stage but also dislike a few so I am interested to watch the first week unfold. A lot of fans over in the UK are complaining about the housemates being celeb z listers and none of them being "normal people". That type of thing would probably bother me if it was BBAU but being a fan of BBUK way over here in Australia I am somewhat detached to all that stuff and I don't really care about the housemates status outside of the house. Once they enter it is fair game and I am merely interested in the housemates as characters and which ones I find entertaining.

...this is exactly how I feel about the series this time... the fact that they are 'celeb' z listers doesn't really matter I guess... this is just a second rate 'Celebrity Big Brother' as far as I'm concerned... it makes me think that because the Celebrity Big Brother probably rates higher than the 'normal people' Big Brother that they have just swallowed the bullet and are steering away from the non Celebrity version altogether just to survive in the ratings perhaps?... who knows how they think?... lol!... cheers.

...I have to say that I like the 'new' Bots set and Rylan is as fantastic as usual... Tiffany Pollard was on the panel which I loved lol!... I had no idea who the others were... I'm so happy that they have this show because it's always controversial which I like... Emma's voice still goes straight through me like fingernails on a blackboard though... but she looks so radiant and healthy since having her baby... she looks really great... I liked Rylan's mum on the show... she was nice... the twin sisters in the house seem too 'fluffy' to me to be true... time will tell I suppose... cheers.

It's day 1, so these are still first impressions, and opinions are highly liable to change, but after one episode, I like:

Andy - He's probably the most sensible one. I like that he's already trying to talk sense into the other HMs, which will likely prove valuable this series.

Lateysha - Purely for the stupidly exaggerated drama she is already bringing. She seems quite stupid though, so she could become annoying.

Andrew - I like that he's perceptive, willing to play the game and doesn't really take any BS. He talks himself up a lot and he's probably a sociopath, so I might end up hating him, but he seems likeable so far.

Evelyn - Not as obnoxious in the house as she was in her VT. Plus she's ONE OF US, so I feel like I should support her for now.

Hughie - I got a good vibe from him. He seems fairly down to earth, and from what I can see, he's one of the few "normies" this series.

Jackson - He seems weird, but I like weird. Already starting up a homoerotic bromance with Sam, whilst pining after Georgina. Could end up a mess.

I can't stand:

Charlie - She admits that she treated Jason like shit in their relationship, and that she didn't realize she had something good with him until it was too late, yet is milking all this undeserved sympathy for it. The worst part is that her fellow "others" are indulging her in this. I won't have none of Ryan's "don't speak down about a girl" BS. If she's a nightmare girlfriend who takes freely, without giving anything back, as Charlie proudly admits to being, then she certainly doesn't deserve praise.

Ryan - UGH. Just UGH. He's like a gobbier, vainer and stupider Mark from Power trip. It does not surprise me to learn that he used to run in the same social circles as Mark.

Marco - How did Marco Pierre White raise THIS?

The rest of them seem fairly innocuous so far, but my list will undoubtedly change a lot in the coming days. First impressions aren't always correct.

Yeah great post @Mercy.

Just about spot on with my thoughts as well. However I have already taken a dislike to Andrew.

I want Marco gone ASAP. He is just flat out annoying.

Lateysha I think I am going to like her, my immediate reaction when I saw that side boob was nah this chick is kidding but she seems quite nice. How she carries those two sacks of potatoes all day I will never know.

...I've just watched the second Bots episode and Dr Pam Spurr and Judi James are on the show tonight as well as Tiffany Pollard (I hope that she's on the show as a regular this entire series)... the others I again have no idea of who the hell they are... I wonder what Marco Pierre White thinks of his son being in the house?... I like his son so far... but as they say... it's early days...

...the 'psychs on the side' come on... (I really like these two ladies) but if they are trying to pretend that the housemates have no idea about the 'others' after they would've seen the building of the two houses for months now then I will be annoyed as hell with them... they haven't said that directly yet but have alluded to it... Judi James did mention that the twins were too bubbly to be true which I was glad to hear... that's similar to what I said in my earlier post...

...'Rylan Reveals' comes on... he explains just how the 'others' will be getting into the house by nominating another 4 people in the house for eviction over the next few days... riiiiiiight!... everyone wants the 'ex boyfriend and girlfriend' couple to be put into the house together to see what happens... (as if that's NOT going to happen eh?)... lol!...

...apart from the fact that at least 2 panel members didn't even need to have been on there at all I liked the show tonight... cheers.

lol @ Marcus pronouncing 'Marco' as 'Marho'. Already had enough of Ryan, so the sooner he goes the better. I also found the footage of him chundering hilarious too. Otherwise it was just a meh-fest of hyperactive idiots running around, but I guess that's to be expected on the first day.

The Jackson and Sam bromance is already a bit weird tbh...

Back