Skip to main content

BBUK 2016 - Series discussion

I am still completely hooked!!!!

Emma leaving doesn't move me either way. I am still loving the Jason/Bunny Boiler storyline. Jackson really is a straight up twat, I love Hugh and Ryan are my absolute favs, I hope they break up in the house, because that will be BB gold right there.
No!!!!! I so want Ryan and Hughie babies!!!

Reactions: Tee
It's not the full episode since Emma only had an interview and didn't join the panel. So the rest of the episode was the usual drivel, so here is her BBBOTS interview (as always, give YouTube time to process it):

I was hoping Rylan would point out that if Jason had turned around Cleo, two people wouldn't have received their phonecall at the end of the task because of Emma's selfishness. I wonder how she would respond to that given she said in the interview the total number of points would have allowed for everyone to see their loved ones - but she has failed to take into account the five points the house gained, rather than lost, because of Jason's decision. The only way everyone would have seen their loved ones was if Emma, Laura and Andy only hit their button once - and the house would have been left with ten "Loyalty Points".

Meh. If you're going to keep breaking out, then you deserve to get the boot. As they said on BBBOTS, she probably didn't even consider the possibility that she wouldn't be allowed back into the house. I'd imagine her plan was to show them just how much she didn't want to discuss the issue (because she knew she was completely in the wrong) so that when she returned they wouldn't bring it up again.
Thanks for that. Finding bots for this season on YouTube is harder. So this is way more convenient.

Geez I'm sick of people breaking out of the BB House. Its bloody annoying. Seems the trend started with the Celebrity BB shows where one or two prima donnas do it each series. But this season we' ve seen Marco, Chelsea,Jackson, Jayne, Ryan, The Twins, one twice. BB has to crack down on this crap. No coming back piss off get stuffed.

Ahh I guess Chelsea might go this week, although the other are two are annoying me. Jason with the camera close up of his tortured expression because people say he is a game player I hope they show the noms again. Then we have Charlie just going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. She is a punish.

I have a horrible feeling that the street kid who fell in love with the princess might win this.

The Andy outburst I think was initially him just losing it. Then later on he tried to rationalise it, for himself and for the viewers.

The pathetic melodrama of the friends/family bit I couldn't watch, I just heard it while I read forums on another tab.

Interestingly not only the reason(s) but also the wording of Sam's and Lateysha's nomination for Chelsea were almost identical... and they say there is no such thing as coincidence lol

Charlie nominates Emma and Laura basically for the same reason, regardless of how she dresses it up, the former two got to spend time with their beaus while Charlie is still being rejected by Jason... how profoundly petty.

Chelsea and Jayne nominating each other... now who would have thought?
Chelsea also nominating Evelyn because she doesn't seem to be interested when Chelsea wants to discuss astronomy and he finds her boring because of that.... wait a minute... astronomy? Chelsea debating ASTRONOMY?!? PULEESE... this is the same Chelsea who wanted to get into Evelyn's pants a few days ago.... I am confused - was he trying to find astronomy in Evelyn's pants and did she slam the door shut?

Jaaassoooonn!!!! To finally nominate Charlie is the sanest thing you've done ever since the two houses got combined! You should have done that at the first opportunity!
...now, certainly not for Jason's sake but for ours, the loyal audience who have put up with all kinds of the producer's twisted shit, I want the old "play back for all HMs to see who nominated whom" trick... we've had the vomitting and crying and all the other usual scenarios except for this one, now is the time! I want to see Charlie throw a tantrum or two and a sobbing and I'm leaving and the lying bastard I never kicked his dog and hair extensions falling out... well all that stuff - because the lame Andy and Hughie and Ryan clashes have just become too predictable and the fire has gone out of the dramas!

Now that Emma's taken a powder it's very unlikely that Chelsea won't be the next one to be evicted ergo another week in Charlies loving company for Jason. It's getting so weird now that quite possibly Charlie will survive Jason... shall we start placing our bets? :jawdrop:

Yeah I'm not sure what to make of her really. I've wanted to like her but someone (Natalie?) Said something about there being two sides to Emma.

If they fail the shopping task they want to not buy avocados. She should live on rice.

Cowie you make rice sound like hemlock! :woot:

...well... I've got 5 shows to catch up on tomorrow... am I in for great viewing?... **joke**... I'm guessing the same old screaming and fighting and Charlie still being Charlie... I've resisted reading most of your posts so far... I can't wait to watch them lol!... cheers.

why does everyone think andy is gameplaying. no one is mad at hughie and ryan and everyone is mad at him, if he is gameplaying he's terrible at it.
everyone else is playing a game by refusing to speak up so they dont cause drama

This is actually a vintage Orwellian Big Brother situation. Nobody trusts anyone and everyone is convinced that the others are in the wrong. And of course EVERYBODY is scared of Big Brother aka today's 'all pervading political correctness'.

Andy is game-playing to earn himself kudos because he is fully aware that no one dares to contradict him in his claim that gays have been persecuted and had to fight for certain basic, gay rights.

The others are game-playing because no one dares to contradict him being aware that Andy himself and those who would contradict him know that Big Brother is watching. That he omits 'unimportant' details such as the facts that this persecution only took place during certain eras in history and under political regimes that were and are of a non-secular nature are conveniently ignored. Nobody wants to stir the pot because 'Big Brother is watching'.

I am not saying that Andy is not intelligent, but he is a coward by banking on an issue that will earn him dividends without a doubt. This is tantamount to insider trading which is illegal... :wacky:

This is actually a vintage Orwellian Big Brother situation. Nobody trusts anyone and everyone is convinced that the others are in the wrong. And of course EVERYBODY is scared of Big Brother aka today's 'all pervading political correctness'.

Andy is game-playing to earn himself kudos because he is fully aware that no one dares to contradict him in his claim that gays have been persecuted and had to fight for certain basic, gay rights.

The others are game-playing because no one dares to contradict him being aware that Andy himself and those who would contradict him know that Big Brother is watching. That he omits 'unimportant' details such as the facts that this persecution only took place during certain eras in history and under political regimes that were and are of a non-secular nature are conveniently ignored. Nobody wants to stir the pot because 'Big Brother is watching'.

I am not saying that Andy is not intelligent, but he is a coward by banking on an issue that will earn him dividends without a doubt. This is tantamount to insider trading which is illegal... :wacky:
I think it is more just because he is gay and a journalist, so he got a bit hyperbolic with his rhetoric on a topic that is obviously close to him. When they made their 'joke' Hughie and Ryan flipped his switch. It was the least I've liked Andy all season, but when Hughie, who Andy can't like after his saying'I just need to say this... you're a liar and a storyteller - let me finish - and a liar and I just have to say a storyteller... Oh, and I forgot to say LET ME FINISH you're a lar and. a storyteller'. And Ryan is such a contemptible little cretin of course Andy would be frustrated by such a stupid, silly little boy. Even Hughie has to save Ryan from himself, sometimes, by pretending he doesn't understand his hints.

maybe he was just genuinely offended

especially bad with andys history in the bbc where he was kicked out for standing up to homophobia.

Considering that the BBC in Britain is what the ABC is in Australia i.e. the defender of women's and gay rights, not to mention multiculturalism, freedom of speech and the right to practice religion without being vilified to name but a few, I find it difficult to get my head around the fact that Andy would have lost his job with the BBC for taking a stand against homophobia.

Would you have any links or other pointers where I could read up on that particular episode in Andy's career? Much appreciated :)

I am still completely hooked!!!!

Emma leaving doesn't move me either way. I am still loving the Jason/Bunny Boiler storyline. Jackson really is a straight up twat, I love Hugh and Ryan are my absolute favs, I hope they break up in the house, because that will be BB gold right there.

I agree, even the Jason/Bunny Boiler gig is still entertaining if only they employed a sound engineer who'd turn down the volume when the B/B starts her wailing. It sounds like a whole village in Mikonos when someone dies.

I'd appreciate it if you paid more attention to names in general Trala... suddenly I find myself in Playboy Magazine, wondering how I got there Hughie Hefner? :jawdrop::jawdrop::D:D

http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-t...ship-drama-charlie-doherty-jason-burrill.html

Jayne offered good advice to Charlie. And she told her the truth. Jason does not want a relationship outside of the house with Charlie. She needs to hear this. Jayne was being a good friend by the sounds of that article.

I did laugh when Charlie said she wanted Jason's babies- oh gosh! Her replay of her time in the house is going to be super awkward, eek!

Those videos where they introduce us to hm's- well Jackson was my favourite based on those. The whole anti man and putting women on a pedestal was really appealing. But as much as I don't care for Emma, he was a little aggressive in the way he spoke to her. I get that not everyone can control their emotions, but he gets away with it more than others. Hughie is reprimanded by some of the hm's for his outbursts, but jacksons are far worse and a little far too intimidating.

Like @Trala, my faves are Ryan and Hughie. I hope they win. I like Laura and Evelyn too (minus the schoolgirl crushing of Alex), but I liked how she wasn't afraid to speak up to Laura and Emma about their selfish act. I really like lateysha too as of late.

This part of the article you linked us to Sweetgeek:

"Jayne told Charlie: "I love you Charlie, I'm very close to you... you can take the advice or not, you're gravitating towards Jason again."

She added: "He's not a bad man [but] he wants to win, he doesn't want to have a relationship outside with you, Charlie. You know that. "

Jayne then warned Charlie that she was at risk of getting evicted if she didn't back away: "They'll get you out. It's ALWAYS the woman, Charlie.

"Be friendly but you're gravitating a bit too much."

...this was actually a part of tonight's BOTS. I find that the article is misrepresenting the mood of the conversation because it gives the impression that Jayne was giving Charlie some 'good' advice. If you watch that part and Jayne's face and determination it becomes obvious that her good advice for Charlie is completely in her own self interest. She is beginning to plot big time now.

Evelyn is growing on me too, there is a certain 'fresh air' about her. Though why she was trying to dress up as a feline with those cats ears is another mystery I have yet to solve.

I can't share your liking for Lateysha though. I was fond of her at the beginning, she seemed decent and amiable but imo she's gradually turned into an overbearing bully who is prone to histrionics for no reason at all.

Producer 1: "What do viewers think about the tasks where we give housemates their opinions on them"
Producer 2: "They hate them".
Producer 1: "What about when HMs are evicted without a public vote"
Producer 2: "Oh, they really hate that."
Producer 1: "So what should we do for our big twist?"
Producer 2: "How about a week where the HMs learn what viewers think of them and on that basis decided who is evicted".
Producer 1: "Done".

I'm not sure Jayne was plotting there. She and Charlie just seemed to gravitate to each other. Very predictable eviction as always, hopefully next week gives us more suspense.

Considering that the BBC in Britain is what the ABC is in Australia i.e. the defender of women's and gay rights, not to mention multiculturalism, freedom of speech and the right to practice religion without being vilified to name but a few, I find it difficult to get my head around the fact that Andy would have lost his job with the BBC for taking a stand against homophobia.

Would you have any links or other pointers where I could read up on that particular episode in Andy's career? Much appreciated :)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Personality-shortlist-homophobic-views.html
the bbc isnt like the abc. i think its government funded but it airs stuff like The Voice and put Jeremy Clarkson on the air for years

…well… here goes a 7 episode marathon viewing synopsis in one hit…

Episode 26:… the morning of eviction day… Charlie giving Georgina advice in love between Georgina and Jackson… I couldn’t help but see the irony there… Georgina treating Jackson like a butler…a great way to further enhance your ‘love story’ there Georgina… Jackson calling her his ‘missus’ all of the time… you’ll be lucky if her real butler allows you through the front gates to the Mansion that she lives in after the show mate…you are punching way above your weight in trying to land that one Jackson… go near her place and the boys from the Polo Club will beat you up for sure… Georgina reminded Jackson of his mum?... yep!... okaaaaaaay!... it was the love story that never was… (except in Jackson’s mind of course)…

…Georgina gets evicted and Jackson’s big scene in the foetal position screaming out “aaaaargh!”...was the worst bit of cheesy acting that I’ve seen in a long time on Big Brother for sure… it was so cringey… then Charlie starts on Jason yet again… she just doesn’t quit annoying the tits off Jason does she?... she’s more clingy that a jumbo roll of cling wrap… I would love to hold Chelsea down and shave his head… moving on…

…Jason is trying so hard to be nice and to be logical with Charlie the poor bugger… “you’re ruining my time in here!” Charlie says on the way out of the room… okay Charlie… woteva!... “you can give someone (a female) a brand new shirt but you can’t give me a cuddle?” Charlie says to Jason… puhleeeeze!... cheers.

Back