Skip to main content

BBUK 2016 - Series discussion

Andy's attempt to use extreme words and touching topics such as, "thrown off buildings" and "stoned to death" was extremely calculating and sly. He knows by saying this, the public will be brainwashed enough to just shrug it off and agree with him, as for the housemates. I do believe he is somewhat intellectual as well, so if anyone was to argue with him, he'd shut them down and use severity of hisorical events. Andy knew the opposer could say the slightest idea and that will make them look homophobic. Topics like these are ones to get mistaken, the most misunderstood. So no matter how much somebody argues their point, people will always use comparisons that are impossible and dastardly to prove them wrong. Even if the opposer wasn't homophobic, they'd still be in a deep hole considering it's such a fragile subject.

In saying that, there is definitely more to the subject. The amount of edits and manipulation the producers are using shares that. The housemates looked extremely offended after, weirdly because prior they were laughing while Ryan and Hughie's proposal. So they obviously didn't want to get in - either, Andy's wrong book considering he was shown to be popular with the public, or because it was such a fragile subject and they wanted to keep their reputations squeaky clean. And it could just be both.

"Why can't you keep your mouth shut sometimes..."

"Because too many people keep their mouths shut too much of the time."

Don't tell me I was the only person that had shivers sent down their spine by Andy's lines.

Andy's whispering to himself at the end of the show, something like "why can't I just be quiet?" Then answering with "because too many are quiet when they should speak up..." Was super calculating and audience driven.

Charlie is fast becoming the first ever housemate to be murdered on live tv. Poor Jase is like her personal scab that she refused to stop picking and poking at. Given his responses, he is obviously not on steroids.

Loving Laura, tolerating Laytesha, hating Jackson, he is a drama loving fucking twat.

Hughie and Ryan are my favourites.

"Why can't you keep your mouth shut sometimes..."

"Because too many people keep their mouths shut too much of the time."

Don't tell me I was the only person that had shivers sent down their spine by Andy's lines.

Then it worked ;)

He is a brilliant game player.

why does everyone think andy is gameplaying. no one is mad at hughie and ryan and everyone is mad at him, if he is gameplaying he's terrible at it.
everyone else is playing a game by refusing to speak up so they dont cause drama

Someone put Charlie out of her misery already... PLEASE!!! Stuff her with comfort food or fill her up with tranquilizers but FFS, make her shut UUUUP!!! I can't stand it any longer!

I must be going senile too... :arghh: Jackson just held a speech in the DR and I haven't got a clue what he was saying or complaining about! Was he talking in Braille?

As if ANYONE doubted from the beginning that Jackson was going to give in to the temptation.
Oh the drama. I thought I was watching the handing over of the Green Jacket from one Pro Golfer to the next after the completion of the US Open, what with the sombre music and all...

So what's wrong with Andy now? Is he upset because Hughie and Ryan have taken the Lord's name in vain?

Andy you are being a bloody hypocrite and a coward! If you are scared of the elephant in the room, don't open the door to it! "People are getting stoned to death and pushed of buildings and we have fought for these rights for generations...." aren't you leaving something out? Of course you are because as a former journalist you, just like the cowardly politicians have been trained NOT to mention religion for fear of not appearing multicultural enough and be called a racist!
As a gay man you would know that there were gays since the beginning of time and you would also know that persecution of gays has ALWAYS come from religious, bigoted thinking.

I'd like to hear your opinion on FGM you self-righteous little boy! :rage:

This episode was the definition of a crappy soap opera - but yet I'm still watching.

Same here. I was actually waiting for them to produce pots and pans and turn it into one of these cooking shows. At least we might have gotten a glimpse of Nigella playing with chocolate lol :p

What a painful ep in so many ways. I kept having to skip ahead. I still don't like anyone, struggling for a reason to watch... but I have nothing better to do :(

i feel bad for andy. i didnt feel the same way he did about the prank but i think that the lack of respect people showed to him was gross. just because someone has a different view to you doesnt mean theyre trying to attack you or game playing. especially bad with andys history in the bbc where he was kicked out for standing up to homophobia.

I think I will do the BBBOTS that airs today, since the housemate in today's highlights that was ejected will be on it...

So apparently Emma got ejected for attempting to break out of the house AGAIN. But you can sure tell that the producers are trying to pick off everyone quickly as they want it to end soon.

Also Chelsea, Charlie and Jason are up for eviction. Methinks it's going to be up to Chelsea and Charlie. Well obviously.

It's not the full episode since Emma only had an interview and didn't join the panel. So the rest of the episode was the usual drivel, so here is her BBBOTS interview (as always, give YouTube time to process it):

I was hoping Rylan would point out that if Jason had turned around Cleo, two people wouldn't have received their phonecall at the end of the task because of Emma's selfishness. I wonder how she would respond to that given she said in the interview the total number of points would have allowed for everyone to see their loved ones - but she has failed to take into account the five points the house gained, rather than lost, because of Jason's decision. The only way everyone would have seen their loved ones was if Emma, Laura and Andy only hit their button once - and the house would have been left with ten "Loyalty Points".

So apparently Emma got ejected for attempting to break out of the house AGAIN. But you can sure tell that the producers are trying to pick off everyone quickly as they want it to end soon.
Meh. If you're going to keep breaking out, then you deserve to get the boot. As they said on BBBOTS, she probably didn't even consider the possibility that she wouldn't be allowed back into the house. I'd imagine her plan was to show them just how much she didn't want to discuss the issue (because she knew she was completely in the wrong) so that when she returned they wouldn't bring it up again.

I won't miss Emma. About time bb was harsher with rules being broken. But yes, why now?

Andy was so game playing with that whispering at the end. I like him a little less. I'd rather someone who is not hiding their game playing rather than someone who does it like this. The hm's have every right to be suspicious of andy and it means that it was not just paranoia on their end. It also aggravated me when Hughie was trying to talk and andy would just keep talking himself. He didn't allow him to justify himself- not that he had to, it was a joke, that andy took way too seriously.

"Jason let's talk"... "Just stop talking to me, Jason"... Charlie is a head case. Jason is far too calm, I would have turned all Jackson and Lateysha on her by now.

Andy has clearly found some confidence, after surviving twice and being reminded of home and vindicated for the things he thinks. I wonder though if this will make him more, or maybe less, likeable.
It's made him more comfortable to play the game i think, which had made him more unlikeable since that end of episode whispering.

I am still completely hooked!!!!

Emma leaving doesn't move me either way. I am still loving the Jason/Bunny Boiler storyline. Jackson really is a straight up twat, I love Hugh and Ryan are my absolute favs, I hope they break up in the house, because that will be BB gold right there.

http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-t...ship-drama-charlie-doherty-jason-burrill.html

Jayne offered good advice to Charlie. And she told her the truth. Jason does not want a relationship outside of the house with Charlie. She needs to hear this. Jayne was being a good friend by the sounds of that article.

I did laugh when Charlie said she wanted Jason's babies- oh gosh! Her replay of her time in the house is going to be super awkward, eek!

Those videos where they introduce us to hm's- well Jackson was my favourite based on those. The whole anti man and putting women on a pedestal was really appealing. But as much as I don't care for Emma, he was a little aggressive in the way he spoke to her. I get that not everyone can control their emotions, but he gets away with it more than others. Hughie is reprimanded by some of the hm's for his outbursts, but jacksons are far worse and a little far too intimidating.

Like @Trala, my faves are Ryan and Hughie. I hope they win. I like Laura and Evelyn too (minus the schoolgirl crushing of Alex), but I liked how she wasn't afraid to speak up to Laura and Emma about their selfish act. I really like lateysha too as of late.

Back