Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Stay steady around 450k

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Average in the lower 400 thousands

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Get this show cancelled

Votes: 22 40.7%

• Total voters
Last Monday's episode with streaming and regional numbers added has risen from 378k to 846k, an increase of 46%. It was only 53k behind Masterchef, which only had a 17% increase. BB was once again the most streamed show by far with 167k, the next closest was Home and Away with 133k.

I have graphs of both overnights and Total People. Total People numbers for this week haven't been published yet.1655367227490.png
1655367101300.png

Love Island UK has overtaken BB as the most streamed show in Australia. The most streamed episode of Love Island has 178k streams in the last week compared to 111k for BB.

Not being in Australia - does anyone have an explanation for so much streaming of episodes? Maybe people want to fast forward?
Or is it just that streaming is easier? I have n’t had regular cable for years, not sure how common that “cord-cutting” is in Australia.

Not being in Australia - does anyone have an explanation for so much streaming of episodes? Maybe people want to fast forward?
Or is it just that streaming is easier? I have n’t had regular cable for years, not sure how common that “cord-cutting” is in Australia.
I think cord-cutting is definitely on the rise. People have the flexibility not to have to sit down at 7.30pm to watch a show - or maybe they watch to want one of the other stripped reality shows that airs in the same slot and stream BB later.

Anyway the overnights are in:

Monday: 361,000 and holding very steady around this mark now.

I think it's because here in Australia networks are so reliant on reality shows and fill every day of their schedules with reality shows that run up to 2 hrs each night. It's impossible to watch them all on the same night for most people + having to sit through all the ads. So an increased number of people have started using catch up streaming services.

In the USA it's the same, most shows have very low overnight ratings compared to population size. Gone are the days when a show on linear TV would get 20 million viewers tuning in, there are so many more options now.

I think it's because here in Australia networks are so reliant on reality shows and fill every day of their schedules with reality shows that run up to 2 hrs each night. It's impossible to watch them all on the same night for most people + having to sit through all the ads. So an increased number of people have started using catch up streaming services.

In the USA it's the same, most shows have very low overnight ratings compared to population size. Gone are the days when a show on linear TV would get 20 million viewers tuning in, there are so many more options now.
That's why "event TV" can yield better overnight ratings. Too bad Big Brother is no longer live or an event. Meh, I'll catch up later when I have more time.

I'm busy, can watch whenever I want (which is usually at like 1-2am lol) and adblocker means no ads. These episodes are long enough already without ads!

Also as of late, I'm literally skipping most of the challenges. They're just too boring.

Tuesday: 313,000

And it was 20th! Eep. If it drops out of the top 20 I'll have to start asking David Knox for its number.

Back