Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 5 Discussion (16 May, 7:30pm)

What are your thoughts about this season of Big Brother so far?

• It is amazing

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • It is awful

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • It is mixed

Votes: 39 73.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching the episode late tonight, but I feel thst this particular episode is a prime example of why this format doesn't work for this show. The editing is just so ham-fisted we miss the entire big brother experience. We follow two couples, watch their extended confessionals in the diary room and miss the entire day of events. We miss everything because we're fed 2-3 storylines rather than the organic growth of the group together. I noticed it the most in this episode for some reason.

I never watched a lot of the channel 10 series so never knew why Reggie was so popular, but she seems real sweet and genuine.
Two qualities that generally wouldn't get you casted nowadays.
Safe for an entire week!? Isn't that like half the season?
Given she missed the first two rounds of evictions (covid? availability? they really wanted the reunion with Drew to be a moment?) she virtually has. One cycle is fair enough but anything more is blatant producer favouritism.

Some points as I catch up on tonights ep:
  • Here we go. Get a room already, oh, they did lol in time for a special fish and chips courtesy of Reggie and a callback to her shop.
  • Gabbie has similar fashions to Estelle, Sometimes when they show her I’m like is that Gabbie or Estelle. Haha.
  • Ooh Italian feast, well at least the rest of em are getting a spread (if they win of course).
  • Todays sponsor: IKEA
  • Estelle’s hair already looks set for the kids table lol.
  • Why was the last cup cake a downgrade in hotness? BB maybe could’ve put them in no particular order just saying them out.
  • ‘Nice long strokes’ THATS WHAT SHE SAID LAYLA haha.
  • Oh STOP IT ‘he’s really good at pumping’ lol.
  • Now it’s Aleisha’s turn to have a meltdown. Do ya reckon they asked her about her biggest fear on the application interview?
  • I wonder if they will do the ol’ INTRUDER ALERT’ for Tully. Although technically we still in ‘latecomer’ territory kinda.

• Ooh HOH. TULLYYY. Ok ok lets get these dramatic editing tension bit out of the way.
  • Joel shoulda went its ‘game on. (MOLLS)’ twas golden opportunity to slide that one in there.
  • Drew’s a bit ‘I Whip ma hair back and forth’ this challenge.
  • Dave trying to scream through it.
  • Looks like it might be alternating nominations.
  • SAFE VOTE was on the Bingo Cards wasn’t it? lol.

I thought what BB did to Aleisha with the chickens was a bit cruel. OK, so she conquered her fear and stayed in the "boxing ring", counting the chickens, but that could have gone very badly for her, emotionally and mentally. BB didn't comfort her or offer her a chance to opt out (if he did, then it wasn't shown). It came across as almost "sadistic-like". But, good on her ... well done.

Clever Tim for shaking hands and then sticking to his word not to vote for Johnson. He's building his alliances very shrewdly and cleverly.

• The Aside to Drew when Sonia was greeting Tully, Looks thrilled haha.
  • Anyone else start thinking of The Darkness ‘I Believe In A Thing Called Love’ when Johnson was talking about touching everything around the house. ‘Touching yoooohoooooooOOu, ‘Touching meeeHiIieeee….’ LOL
  • Bye Layla, Evening it up a bit now an OG is out.
  • Next ep looks interesting between Tim and Tully.

It isn't just about the length of the episodes though - it's about how they are edited. You could get a traditional 30 minute daily show with plenty of day to day interactions and still have over an hour left for the challenges and so called strategy talk, plus the needlessly long Sonia segment.

There definitely seems to be a bit of a split in the fanbase whereby the younger crowd who probably watched Drew and Tully as tween/teens want to see their reunion and this sort of storyline whereas most of us who are a wee bit older are not at all fans of it.
I was a fan of it. The drama with Tully and the fact that several of the people in Big Brother 2013 were extremely good-looking, brought eyes from around the world to the show.

I thought Drew was an honest person. I do believe he would have been close to beating Tim without Tully and still would have had a lot of air time. Now we know he’s just a guy who can’t be on his own and couples up with the closest girl.

I remember seeing him with Ruby and thought they were real and would last too.

Drew’s too old to be pulling this stuff again on tv. Do you think the producers wanted the Sam-Josh-Drew-Tully drama? But Josh wouldn’t play?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Drew was told by producers to have a showmance with Sam. He would obviously fall in with their plans because he doesn’t care.

... plus the needlessly long Sonia segment.

I don't mind Sonia asking some questions. The questions and answers given can provide some good insights in to HM personalities etc. And yet, despite this, there has always been something about this part of the show that has bugged me and I have never been able to figure out why. But I think I now have my answer. You're right; it is "needlessly long". That's it. It does certainly drag on a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back