Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 5 Discussion (16 May, 7:30pm)

What are your thoughts about this season of Big Brother so far?

• It is amazing

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • It is awful

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • It is mixed

Votes: 39 73.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so over the episodes highlighting one or two people. The editing for this show is just bizarre. The beginning of the show has almost no relevance to the later part where there is the eviction scramble and vote. The nominees suddenly get thrown into the edit last minute and everyone is left without a major storyline. Even Reggie is without a narrative as all the focus is towards Tim and him wanting to targeting the J Squad.

Even with the pre-recorded format they could still give us some Daily Show type content: “In the kitchen, Reggie and Trevor discuss houseplants” kind of thing. It would be especially insightful nowadays, because nomination talk isn’t forbidden. We’d finally have some context for what seem to be baffling decisions and seemingly last second pivots. Perhaps the reason we love the OGs is in part because we got to know them better in their seasons, where as the newbs are basically cardboard cut outs because of the edit.

Why are they all walking around barefoot?? Who mopped the whole house last? No one! Their feet are all dirty and nasty!

Even with the pre-recorded format they could still give us some Daily Show type content: “In the kitchen, Reggie and Trevor discuss houseplants” kind of thing. It would be especially insightful nowadays, because nomination talk isn’t forbidden. We’d finally have some context for what seem to be baffling decisions and seemingly last second pivots. Perhaps the reason we love the OGs is in part because we got to know them better in their seasons, where as the newbs are basically cardboard cut outs because of the edit.
…are they talking about Ed Lower sitting in the corner still shuffling his cards and waiting for the right time to play them?… as being one of those houseplants / pot plants?… cheers.😇😬

Hmmm. This is a good point. In another x years time, I doubt they can have another "original housemates" type show with any of the housemates from any of the recent seasons of BB because we just never got to know them well enough. Sure, some shone through like Danny, SJ, Angela and Kieran, to name a few ... regardless of whether you liked them or disliked them ... but, really, the rest we barely know. Contrast that from the original format days. It is easier to think of many more names that we might want back in the house from the original format days. Heck, I've seen plenty of the old HM names thrown around in this very forum, and I remember each one of them as they get mentioned and can instantly form a personal opinion about whether I would want them back in the house or not, because I do remember them and I can recall what they were like when they had their original time in the house. But I doubt I could do that with HM names from recent sesaons, aside from only a handful (such as those I just mentioned).

Last edited:
What would be really fun is just chuck in a couple of the ones the casual viewer isn't likely to remember if they can find them and they want to return, like a Greatest Hits album made up of entirely non-singles and deep album cuts and B-Sides.

I'm talking like Lisa (2001), Lauren (2006), Charne (2012), Irena (2003), Sharon (2013),
and Damian (2002), Cruz (2007), Michael (2005), Dion (2014), Barney (2008) or something. It would be strange as some of these weren't in the house very long at all or didn't make much of an impression within their season to see how much they've changed since.

Like for instance even though Aphrodite and Igor both went out early in the piece in 2004 they both were some of the focus characters in those first 2-3 weeks of their season and fairly memorable in that sense.

Last edited:
I'm talking like Lisa (2001), Lauren (2006), Charne (2012), Irena (2003), Sharon (2013),
and Damian (2002), Cruz (2007), Michael (2005), Dion (2014), Barney (2008) or something. It would be strange as some of these weren't in the house very long at all or didn't make much of an impression within their season to see how much they've changed since.

This can not be a serious suggestion, I refuse to believe it

I don't think it was. You think 358k viewers was bad, imagine what it'd be with this lot.

Seven Exec: "What do you mean we had negative viewers? How is that possible?"
OzTAM: "Oh, that's the number of people who set fire to their TVs before throwing them off the balcony"

Haha well yeah this is pretty much just daydream spec kinda stuff, they wouldn't go for this idea most likely cause it would not be a big ratings drawcard in the slightest... (why have Charne when you could get OATS A LA LAYLAAAAA')

But.... OTOH it could just work in the way that for the average Joe, these are all like fresh new faces to them whereas its only really the die hard fans that would recognise them without any prompting.

And I'd find it interesting to watch to get a little more insight than the very little we saw of them comparatively back when, but yeah that's the massive BB fan POV talking as well lol.

Last edited:
Definitely feels like the newbies didn't bond with Layla as much as the other OGs and thus it was an easy decision for them to pile on her, even for Lulu and Gabby. I'm actually glad Johnson survived because he's definitely gonna try and make some big moves that will backfire on him at some point. You want some strategic drivers in the house rather than just floaters with this format, they devote too much time to the strategy for that not to the be case.

I'm actually glad Johnson survived because he's definitely gonna try and make some big moves that will backfire on him at some point. You want some strategic drivers in the house rather than just floaters with this format, they devote too much time to the strategy for that not to the be case.
Or you could get like Marley last year all this peripheral mention about how he was a master schemer of that particular alliance but we rarely got to see any of it in the edit It was a lot of Jess and Katie at the forefront being shown discussing Strat chat.

Jaycee for all we know could be just as involved in the 'J-Crew' its just mostly what were getting from that area is Joel and Johnson (and some random Taras here and there) because its currently serving some other storylines (Joel being a challenge threat, Johnson needing to scramble this latest ep for example).

Jaycee for all we know could be just as involved in the 'J-Crew' its just mostly what were getting from that area is Joel and Johnson (and some random Taras here and there) because its currently serving some other storylines (Joel being a challenge threat, Johnson needing to scramble this latest ep for example).
funny because I’ve thought Jaycee was probably a bigger influence in the J Squad than Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back