Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 31 FINALE Discussion (12 July, 7.30pm)

Who will win?

• Reggie (Hup!)

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • Johnson (What a fucking liberty!)

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Taras (What a load of old shit!)

Votes: 14 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh the other awkward thing - Sonia... Reggie's last name isn't Bird anymore it is Sorensen - when announcing the winner maybe check you know the contestants names.
Reggie Bird is much more known than Sorensen.

Watching Dave in the house from the highlights shown reminded me why his and Reggie’s relationship was my fovourite- like he said they’re from channel 10 haha. His commentary is everything tonight.

Reggie really is the heart of what big brother was and for many what should still be. She didn’t win because of sympathy but she’s from a time where real people were portrayed imo. I’ll stand by that to the end.

Watching Dave in the house from the highlights shown reminded me why his and Reggie’s relationship was my fovourite- like he said they’re from channel 10 haha. His commentary is everything tonight.

Reggie really is the heart of what big brother was and for many what should still be. She didn’t win because of sympathy but she’s from a time where real people were portrayed imo. I’ll stand by that to the end.
She won on sympathy. What world are you living in?

She won on sympathy. What world are you living in?
I completely disagree. She won because people were familiar with who she is and she already was loved and for people she represents the true big brother. She was already declared as the winner from the moment she went on the show with many already planning to vote for her if she went to the finals. That’s without her story of hardship

Exactly - the public remembered connecting with her 19 years ago and saw her as the only true Big Brother housemate to choose from.

Taras may have been the standout newbie this year (was second place revealed BTW?) but other than his actions in the house do viewers even know him as a person?

I completely disagree. She won because people were familiar with who she is and she already was loved and for people she represents the true big brother. She was already declared as the winner from the moment she went on the show with many already planning to vote for her if she went to the finals. That’s without her story of hardship
Get a grip hun. She won on sympathy again.

Exactly - the public remembered connecting with her 19 years ago and saw her as the only true Big Brother housemate to choose from.

Taras may have been the standout newbie this year (was second place revealed BTW?) but other than his actions in the house do viewers even know him as a person?
💯 just looking at some of the crowd tonight, they were older and were there cheering reggie- they didn’t care for the game part. They can format this show a million times over but as long as they keep bringing the OG’s in with newbies, peope are going to hold onto the memories of what bb was and keep choosing the familiarity of knowing the person above the strategist of the game.

Get a grip hun. She won on sympathy again.
Again? I would rewatch BB3 if I were you, since you seem to have this deluded idea that her first win came from sympathy? She won because she stuck out amongst the group and appealed to every day Australians. She wasn’t a pretentious fame seeker. She was a working class Aussie woman who just wanted a holiday and appealed to every day Aussies by being so simple that it was unique.

Her second win isn’t based on sympathy. Take away her short comings in life and she’d still win. She won the first time because she was “Reggie” and she won this time again because she is “Reggie”. She’s connected well with audiences and is a relatable character on a show whom many have bonded with through their screens.

Oh the other awkward thing - Sonia... Reggie's last name isn't Bird anymore it is Sorensen - when announcing the winner maybe check you know the contestants names.

It was her first husband’s surname too! I did wonder if they did this because they think the viewers are too dumb to understand a name change or if Sonia just had no idea. It was odd.

And because she said ‘doodle’ 🤣

Australia has always loved Reggie. To be so well remembered 19 years later says a lot.

Tonight made me love Taras even more. That outfit? Stunning. His presence? Incredible.

I’ve said it since the premiere and I’ll stand by it til the end, he deserved that win tonight. Hands down, genuinely the best gameplay the Seven era has had by far, and he’ll arguably go down as one of the very best in challenges and strategy for years. Easily one of my favourite reality contestants in a long time, that’s for sure.

@DumbDumbTerry, you should be so proud of yourself.

Thank you for making eccentricity cool! And for being the sole reason I actually half enjoyed this season.

Also, once again… that damn OUTFIT!!!! 🔥😍🔥
Marry me.

Back