Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 31 FINALE Discussion (12 July, 7.30pm)

Who will win?

• Reggie (Hup!)

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • Johnson (What a fucking liberty!)

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Taras (What a load of old shit!)

Votes: 14 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And because she said ‘doodle’ 🤣

Australia has always loved Reggie. To be so well remembered 19 years later says a lot.
Reggie on my screen being Reggie and saying Reggie stuff made me laugh for a few weeks. The others had showmances and fights and dramas and tantrums but Reggie would just say what most of us would be thinking if we were in that moment and didn't bother to filter it.

Ok lets move this show on... sorry Taras's brother
Taras your brother is fine too
*Taras’s brother enters the chat*
I've got a crush on Taras' brother! 😍😍
Taras's brother is hawt. 😛🔥
Can I be the filling to a Taras and his brother sandwich please. 😍
Taras’s brother is so damn attractive
Back off.. I saw his bro first.😏
This is why I love this place. And being gay.

I also agree.

Tonight made me love Taras even more. That outfit? Stunning. His presence? Incredible.

I’ve said it since the premiere and I’ll stand by it til the end, he deserved that win tonight. Hands down, genuinely the best gameplay the Seven era has had by far, and he’ll arguably go down as one of the very best in challenges and strategy for years. Easily one of my favourite reality contestants in a long time, that’s for sure.

@DumbDumbTerry, you should be so proud of yourself.

Thank you for making eccentricity cool! And for being the sole reason I actually half enjoyed this season.

Also, once again… that damn OUTFIT!!!! 🔥😍🔥
Marry me.

Haha we’re all witnessing Taras’ ‘tip toe around the sexuality spectrum’ era. Or maybe the gays are just thirsty 🤣

Exactly - the public remembered connecting with her 19 years ago and saw her as the only true Big Brother housemate to choose from.

Taras may have been the standout newbie this year (was second place revealed BTW?) but other than his actions in the house do viewers even know him as a person?
If the Ch7 numbnuts were doing a better job of actually getting to know the HM's properly. I enjoy the challenges but miss the old days where the HMs would hang out and we'd see who they were and what made them tick. In any case, I did very much enjoy Taras in the house along with a couple of others, but some I could barely even remember were in there come finale time.

Exactly - the public remembered connecting with her 19 years ago and saw her as the only true Big Brother housemate to choose from.

Taras may have been the standout newbie this year (was second place revealed BTW?) but other than his actions in the house do viewers even know him as a person?
Yeah totally. The only emotional connection I could rely on were ones I could remember and recall with the OGs.
It's like I was filling in the gaps, in my own head, while watching.
Like, trying to understand the production changes, and take that into account to preserve what I already "know" about them.
But the newbies just didn't have a chance to form a genuine connection in the first place.
I have no idea what Johnson is really like.
Nor do I really know all this "bonding" under-the-radar Taras gameplay stuff was, other than seeing him trying to make them meditate.
That stuff requires time, depth and patience, which this format never allowed.
No one had anything close to a fair game, start to finish.
So it just had to go to Reggie and that's okay by me, and it isn't a mark against any of the newbies personally.

Yeah totally. The only emotional connection I could rely on were ones I could remember and recall with the OGs.
It's like I was filling in the gaps, in my own head, while watching.
Like, trying to understand the production changes, and take that into account to preserve what I already "know" about them.
But the newbies just didn't have a chance to form a genuine connection in the first place.
I have no idea what Johnson is really like.
Nor do I really know all this "bonding" under-the-radar Taras gameplay stuff was, other than seeing him trying to make them meditate.
That stuff requires time, depth and patience, which this format never allowed.
No one had anything close to a fair game, start to finish.
So it just had to go to Reggie and that's okay by me, and it isn't a mark against any of the newbies personally.
100% my thoughts. I get to know more about the contestants in a true game play TV Reality like Survivor than BB. I didn't form any connection with the NBs. I went with the OGs because I knew them from before. I wanted Regie to win from day one and I am really happy she did 🥳
🥳🥳

I have to say @DumbDumbTerry I think you were robbed! I hated - HATED - that you got Tim out. Then I COMPLETELY respected your game play from there on. You absolutely should have won for the best player in this game. Reggie got the sympathy vote - has nothing to do with the game....
That is why Taras belongs to Survivor, if not winning he would go a long way, he is perfect for Survivor.

Well, sweethearts. It’s been a good run on the site tonight hasn’t it?

Hup!

Meanwhile, the way things seem to be going, I’ll probably snuff it before we see another season here so I’ll say my peace now…

Big Brother 2022?! WHAT A LOAD OF OLD SHIT!!!
I agree but it seems that doesn't matter how bad BB is, I still can't look away. Last year I was fast forwarded 70% of the show but I still wanted to watch a little. This year it was much better because I knew and loved the OGs

I wanted Reggie to win - but in 21 years I've never voted for any reality TV show..

I did throw a vote to Reggie this year.
This was the first time I've voted for a reality contestant in years. The only other one I can think of was Dami Im to win whatever show she was on. That girl could SING!

Watching Dave in the house from the highlights shown reminded me why his and Reggie’s relationship was my fovourite- like he said they’re from channel 10 haha. His commentary is everything tonight.

Reggie really is the heart of what big brother was and for many what should still be. She didn’t win because of sympathy but she’s from a time where real people were portrayed imo. I’ll stand by that to the end.
Yes you are right. She has good reasons to get the money, but if she was not lovable that would not matter, she would not have won. She won because we love her as the person she is

I live on the Best coast of the US and have crap internet so I will always be a lurker. I love BB but stopped watching BBUS when I discovered BBAU in 2007. (I joined BehindBigBrother sometime around the same time but didn't keep my membership active during the BB hiatus.)
Thanks for all your posts, I've really enjoyed lurking!

Congratulations! Reggie!

Taras really did set out to do what he said he would do on bb. It takes a lot of guts to sit up there and admit it all despite knowing some would take it personally. I agree with Jaycee- Taras really could be seen as one of the greatest players of the game. Unfortunately bb is not just a game for some of us. And this format is confusing for many because it carries the name of bb but it isn’t supposed to have the concept of bb now? Just confusing.

It's been a fun ride!
10d2e34fc42cbd6ba68dce2d51f47655.gif

Back