Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 31 FINALE Discussion (12 July, 7.30pm)

Who will win?

• Reggie (Hup!)

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • Johnson (What a fucking liberty!)

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Taras (What a load of old shit!)

Votes: 14 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, the first double win was in 2004 almost a decade before Dorpers first win, where by that time 3 people had won twice & he waffles on about him possibly being the first :rolleyes: :roflmao:
And it was even done in BBUK before Tim's season, which is a version followed by many English-speaking Big Brother fans. (So even if you weren't aware of the others, surely you would have heard of Brian Dowling's dual wins?)

And in any case, I would have thought Tim would be smart enough to do his research prior to him entering this season, especially if he nearly won BBCAN?

I've decided to sleep through the finale.
I've watched all of this season on catch-up by modifying the ch7 code to playback at 1.5x speed, without ads.
Just one way to lessen my torture.

The idea of coping with Sonia smiling blankly at us, LIVE, at 1x speed, before & after every commercial break, while sitting through a never-ending barrage of car insurance & KFC ads, in between boring unconnectable 'emotional journey' recaps, in front of a small audience of family & lunatic mothers who brought their screaming kids so they can shriek on command to the stage director's cues...
Yeh nah, too much, I'm going for the sleeping pills.

I just can’t wait for Sonia lack of on the fly ability to banter and ask questions. She will be looking at the autocue like a deer in headlights reading every work and punctuation to the T.

She’s just so good.

I’m also hearing the broadcast will be delayed “Live” as well. Dump buttons at the ready..
One good thing is that Michael Pell isn’t involved this year. Thank lord. “Live event TV” Pell style is horrid

I've decided to sleep through the finale.
I've watched all of this season on catch-up by modifying the ch7 code to playback at 1.5x speed, without ads.
Just one way to lessen my torture.

The idea of coping with Sonia smiling blankly at us, LIVE, at 1x speed, before & after every commercial break, while sitting through a never-ending barrage of car insurance & KFC ads, in between boring unconnectable 'emotional journey' recaps, in front of a small audience of family & lunatic mothers who brought their screaming kids so they can shriek on command to the stage director's cues...
Yeh nah, too much, I'm going for the sleeping pills.

Understandable, but I'll still watch live and be here for the witty banter and snide asides.

Sonia in the make-up room getting some late adjustments.
5d223119f75a768c020025dc89fc088a.gif

Would've thought there would be more people there by now then. Unless they're expecting lower numbers than what they originally planned for last year.

They haven’t opened the gates yet. There’s a few hundred outside the gates

Likely it will start out live or intros will be pre recorded before you get in… OR they won’t stop for ad breaks. They will keep going hence pushing the live nature back. (This is how you reduce cost by not dragging out broadcast in production side)
Hoping I’m wrong though. What time does the voting close?

Also… you can vote each time on a different browser for those who haven’t thought of it too 🤭

Great to see a new thread starter .Yay...

Tonight's poll was sort of 1 topic only really :biggrin: :roflmao::cool:

I tend not to watch the finale's of BB.. They usually rank as the most boring episode of the series - I'll give it 10 mins and if its full of family crap & flashback scenes - I'll come back for the announcement or read it in the news ... (Does BB still get in the news anymore ?)
I won't be watching, instead I'll lurk here as per norm 🤫

Yeah those days of doing save and evict votes at the same time were crazy.

I'm still disappointed it didn't work out well for Michael in the series with Farmer Dave.

First time he got evict votes but he got so many save votes that they were able to eat up a large amount of his evict votes. Next time around wasn't so lucky and the evict votes won out. I so wanted to see what more would have gone on with him in that series.
I don't think I had a favourite that season.

Tully said on her podcast that housemates were only allocated four seats each for their friends and family at the finale.

Last edited:
Tully said on her podcast that each housemate was only allocated four seats each for their friends and family at the finale.
I bet this has been changed haha
I can’t see them filling the venue.

Also can I just say how much vibe and buildup having an actual theme song for the show gave the live shows? Another issue I have with this. There is no identity to this version of the show.
I see the opener to tonight literally being some action movie sound track with a wide shot.. like we are watching someone being sent off to slaughter and the crowd underwhelmingly clapping.

If I was them I would have done a super intro to pay respect to the series with a mix of the themes and opening titles to celebrate as well as a flash back to iconic moments.
But, they won’t… I just envision a montage of the “challenges”
Endemol Shine should really have better respect for the show.

Well technically you could flex it like theres already been a 'Double' win in AUSTRALIAN Big Brother..... Hello Logans (remember when they were rumoured to be on this year as OG's?)

That would have been shit. Those guys were terrible housemates. Didn’t they spend a heap of their own money on their friends and family targeting their rivals? I seem to remember it being likened to a ‘call centre’ set up.

Back