Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 30 Discussion (11 July, 7.30pm)

Seven's next move...

• An all newbie season

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • An all OG season

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Another mixed OG & Newbie season

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • An OGs vs 7Stars season

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • A 7Stars & Newbies season

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Live, actual Big Brother

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • An all Sonia season

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • The axe

Votes: 28 34.6%

• Total voters
I hope Taras wins this season, I've loved his little villain arc late in this season. I don't see why people have such a huge problem with his gameplay. He's playing the game the way that you're supposed to, ruthless, cunning, he's taking no prisoners. He's stabbing people in the back that he no longer has use for and I love it, the villains are the only housemates ever worth cheering for anyway since they're not afraid of getting their hands dirty.

It's not Happy Families, it's Big Brother for Christ sake.
He is the only remaining HM of this season that has played the game the way it’s intended to. He earned the win. It’s just horrific that it’s unlikely he’ll get it.

He is the only remaining HM of this season that has played the game the way it’s intended to. He earned the win. It’s just horrific that it’s unlikely he’ll get it.
And he won't get it because the whole viewing audience sees him as a snake for stabbing Tully in the back as if that's not the ENTIRE point of the game, you can't trust anyone, shit happens, if you see an opportunity to take someone out you do it.

You can be a great gameplayer without lying to people's faces and stabbing in the back IMO. I mean I appreciate his skills and all that, but he shouldn't be "snakey" about things. I just dislike that personally (and many people would naturally).

What is the island thing, um, @Thing?
I'm guessing they were referring to Heartbreak Island. It's a format from NZ that was created in 2018 when TVNZ wanted to cash in on the popularity of Love Island without splashing out the money for the rights. However it's not actually an Australian production, it's actually the third season of the NZ show which has cast people from AU/NZ/UK/US. Seven have merely just picked up the rights to distribute it in Australia (and rebrand it apparently).

You can be a great gameplayer without lying to people's faces and stabbing in the back IMO. I mean I appreciate his skills and all that, but he shouldn't be "snakey" about things. I just dislike that personally (and many people would naturally).
I would argue in this format it is impossible not to lie. This open strategy and then ensuing scrambling absolutely not only enables it but demands it. Every single person in this series has lied to a degree. Probably the most least culpable would be Dave but even he wasnt entirely honest with his OG's in voting the way he did. And he didnt get far either. So it all comes down to who lies with "grace". You can be a stone cold liar who is smug and puts people off or a smiley nice assasin goood grace liar who takes it all in their stride. But they all still lie. Its just execution and personal preference in how you perceive their character. You will always make justifications for your faves and build an impregnable prosecutor case for those you dont.

And he won't get it because the whole viewing audience sees him as a snake for stabbing Tully in the back as if that's not the ENTIRE point of the game, you can't trust anyone, shit happens, if you see an opportunity to take someone out you do it.
I don’t disagree. I think the public turning against Taras was unfair.

But I’d argue that Reggie wins by default regardless.

CARMEL HILL IS A THEXY THYCOLOGIST.

What do we think will happen tomorrow night if it is the final show ever to conclude 21 years of big brother Australia? Theme song coming back? Any former winners? Gretel or Mikey G references?

images (5).jpeg

I hope Taras wins this season, I've loved his little villain arc late in this season. I don't see why people have such a huge problem with his gameplay. He's playing the game the way that you're supposed to, ruthless, cunning, he's taking no prisoners. He's stabbing people in the back that he no longer has use for and I love it, the villains are the only housemates ever worth cheering for anyway since they're not afraid of getting their hands dirty.

Yes but he did not like Regie doing that to him, lol.
For me that kind of playing belongs to Survivor, but I guess with this format there is nothing else they show us, so it all about game play. The real BB where you get to know the HMs and see how they interact, that is what I love about BB.

I'm guessing they were referring to Heartbreak Island. It's a format from NZ that was created in 2018 when TVNZ wanted to cash in on the popularity of Love Island without splashing out the money for the rights. However it's not actually an Australian production, it's actually the third season of the NZ show which has cast people from AU/NZ/UK/US. Seven have merely just picked up the rights to distribute it in Australia (and rebrand it apparently).
Million Dollar Island

Maybe he should have had a SOB story.

It's Million Dollar Island. 100 people on an island given $10k each then as they're eliminated give money to someone remaining.

It's a Dutch format which they sold around the world before airing it in their own country - and then it became one of the biggest flops in Dutch TV history in a market that like Australia is reality TV heavy.

I would argue in this format it is impossible not to lie. This open strategy and then ensuing scrambling absolutely not only enables it but demands it. Every single person in this series has lied to a degree. Probably the most least culpable would be Dave but even he wasnt entirely honest with his OG's in voting the way he did. And he didnt get far either. So it all comes down to who lies with "grace". You can be a stone cold liar who is smug and puts people off or a smiley nice assasin goood grace liar who takes it all in their stride. But they all still lie. Its just execution and personal preference in how you perceive their character. You will always make justifications for your faves and build an impregnable prosecutor case for those you dont.
Lying is good if you're not caught at the end, is my stance. Either just say it to their faces, "hey I won't save you sorry" or be completely sneaky when you lie, meaning, don't let your lie catch up to you at the end and look like a pathetic little backstabber.

Now I do respect Taras for telling Johnson he wants him out straight to his face. It's harsh yes, but it's brave to do so. And he should've done the same with those before him.

That is never happening though, going by the comments on social media, he is the least likely of the 4 that people would vote for to win.

Well many are trained for it to be Happy Families. At least in the days of evict votes. Do something that can be seen as slightly bad, viewers would rage and you wouldnt last long.

…it’s Million Dollar Island… I’m going to start a thread for it once Big Brother finishes… if it’s any good I’m hoping we can all continue postting ‘Live’ again as we are now… if not… at least we gave it a go… cheers.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ant Middleton to host Channel Seven reality show Million Dollar Island​

Aussies will compete on a remote island to win $1 million - and ANYONE can register to take part!

Ant Middleton has been announced as the host of a massive new reality TV competition series coming to Australia.

The no-nonsense SAS Australia Chief Instructor will front Million Dollar Island when it airs on Channel Seven and 7plus next year.

The revolutionary social experiment sees 100 ordinary people try to stay on a remote island, vying for a chance to win a huge $1 million in prize money.

But braving the harsh conditions with limited means isn’t the only challenge on an island full of mystery and surprise, hardships and rewards.

Million Dollar Island is coming to Channel Seven next year.

Each contestant starts the adventure with a wristband worth $10,000. While they are on the island, contestants can gain and lose wristbands by competing in various games.

They can also receive wristbands from other contestants. When someone gives up and decides to leave the island, they must give their wristband(s) to a contestant who stays behind.
Alliances mean everything. Friendships are worth a fortune. Some contestants will become richer by winning games and inheriting wristbands, while those who lose and fail to collect new wristbands must eventually go home.In the end, a nail-biting final game helps determine who walks away with the huge cash prize.

Million Dollar Island was co-developed by John de Mol, the mind behind Big Brother and The Voice, and has already thrilled audiences in the Netherlands.

Ant is a veteran of UK’s elite special forces, including the Marines, 9 Parachute Squadron and Special Boat Service.

Middleton has described the show as “must-see television” and urged “ordinary Aussies” to answer a casting call to take part in the new local series.

“Think The Hunger Games meets Lost … but not quite as brutal,” he said.

“This is a high-stakes challenge for regular, everyday Aussies. Literally anyone can apply.

“You don’t have to be the fittest or the strongest person to win big. Emotional intelligence and self-belief are key here.

“I can’t wait to see what the Aussie contestants have got, how well they know themselves and how far they’ll go to change their lives.”

…it’s Million Dollar Island… I’m going to start a thread for it once Big Brother finishes… if it’s any good I’m hoping we can all continue postting ‘Live’ again as we are now… if not… at least we gave it a go… cheers.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aussies will compete on a remote island to win $1 million - and ANYONE can register to take part!

Ant Middleton has been announced as the host of a massive new reality TV competition series coming to Australia.

The no-nonsense SAS Australia Chief Instructor will front Million Dollar Island when it airs on Channel Seven and 7plus next year.

The revolutionary social experiment sees 100 ordinary people try to stay on a remote island, vying for a chance to win a huge $1 million in prize money.

But braving the harsh conditions with limited means isn’t the only challenge on an island full of mystery and surprise, hardships and rewards.

Each contestant starts the adventure with a wristband worth $10,000. While they are on the island, contestants can gain and lose wristbands by competing in various games.

They can also receive wristbands from other contestants. When someone gives up and decides to leave the island, they must give their wristband(s) to a contestant who stays behind.
Alliances mean everything. Friendships are worth a fortune. Some contestants will become richer by winning games and inheriting wristbands, while those who lose and fail to collect new wristbands must eventually go home.In the end, a nail-biting final game helps determine who walks away with the huge cash prize.

Million Dollar Island was co-developed by John de Mol, the mind behind Big Brother and The Voice, and has already thrilled audiences in the Netherlands.

Ant is a veteran of UK’s elite special forces, including the Marines, 9 Parachute Squadron and Special Boat Service.

Middleton has described the show as “must-see television” and urged “ordinary Aussies” to answer a casting call to take part in the new local series.

“This is a high-stakes challenge for regular, everyday Aussies. Literally anyone can apply.

“You don’t have to be the fittest or the strongest person to win big. Emotional intelligence and self-belief are key here.

“I can’t wait to see what the Aussie contestants have got, how well they know themselves and how far they’ll go to change their lives.”
Fuck.....I might actually apply for this.

Ahhh so I didn’t understand this previously. One person won’t necessarily win 1 million. A few people might walk out with varying amounts totalling a million

Lying is good if you're not caught at the end, is my stance. Either just say it to their faces, "hey I won't save you sorry" or be completely sneaky when you lie, meaning, don't let your lie catch up to you at the end and look like a pathetic little backstabber.

Now I do respect Taras for telling Johnson he wants him out straight to his face. It's harsh yes, but it's brave to do so. And he should've done the same with those before him.
Thats why the better players are well learned in the art of deception. Its horses for courses. Its a fluid playing field which demands different approaches at different times. You dont always bare faced lie to someones face- but you might on occassion to make a grander statement to others listening. Other times you be coy or deflect the blame in a subtle manner. The art of deception has many layers and courses of action but the ultimate aim is to progress and have your opposition somewhat at sea as to your real motivations and control their perceptions of the situation as much as you can.

Back