Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 29 Discussion (10 July, 8pm) (Sunday)

Who will be the final 3?

• Reggie, Taras & Brenton

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Reggie, Taras & Aliesha

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Reggie, Taras & Johnston

Votes: 33 48.5%
  • Reggie, Brenton & Aliesha

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reggie, Brenton & Johnson

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Brenton, Johnson & Taras

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Brenton, Johnson & Aliesha

• Brenton, Taras & Aliesha

• Johnson, Aliesha & Taras

• Reggie, Johnson & Aliesha

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters
I think that was a smart move.

I've been thinking about it, and whether it was or wasn't. Whether there was even a good move, there may be no right or wrong.

The central issue is not knowing how voting and noms work tomorrow. With two nominated, two voting. Where it can get a split vote.

Best I can think of it being wrong is by not kicking Johnson, she's left in a strong two-player alliance for the final 4.

Whether Taras would be trustable is unknown. Aliesha is also unknown because she's been strong on the newbies alliance.

The only thing for certain was if Reg is up against Taras in either situation, he goes.

Nah... I've said all along. Being upset / hurt INSIDE the game is normal and understandable. As long as Taras doesn't start going around trying to make out like Reggie is a bad person now!

Yeah, people react and don't always act perfectly. They can be given leeway in moments of being upset and emotional. Taras would be shitty in that situation. Shitty he didn't get what he wanted. Shitty that his plan is messed up. Shitty because it's a moment of his game play and strategy not working. He can be shitty. It's still just not nice.

Although I will point out. When Estelle was in a betrayed situation and said, "I stepped off" people were literally arguing that is the same equivalent of a lie as Taras staring someone in the eyes, telling a premeditated lie. Then bragging to BB about his lying. Taras supporters were unwilling to afford Estelle any lee-way for a human moment.

out of the remaining 4, taras has played the best game and won the most challenges.
will be voting for him if he makes the finale.

i don’t know what reggie was thinking going against taras‘ vote and keeping johnson in the game.
I am guessing her thinking was having Taras and Johnson up against each other would split the votes as Johnson has probably played the most similar to Taras.

…I might be wrong but hasn’t Reggie had it in for Aleisha for quite a while now?… didn’t Aleisha put Reggie up for eviction or something like that a while back?… hence the reason that Reggie was gunning for her?… am I wrong?… couldn’t that have been the reasoning for Reggies vote?… maybe Reggie isn’t as dumb as people think she is?… just a theory that’s all… cheers.

Reggie thinks Johnson's name is Jonathan...

Taras not letting his success go to his head at all.

Johnson and Aleisha have a good old sook and tanty about being nominated.
Suck it up princesses! With 5 of you left, it had to be someone.

Good on Reggie for voting for who she wanted to rather than who Taras told her to.
She said it was strategic, but we've seen how kind he is to her and I'm sure it means a lot.
Daddy T had a good old sook about it too.
If he wreaks revenge on her, it's more on him than her.

I don't like the way Taras has spoken to some of the women in several episodes.

Tully, Estelle and Reggie tonight to name a few.
In general in the house the ways that some of the males have spoken to the females at times have been pretty disrespectful - eg Johnson when he has his tanties, Drew said a couple of not so nice things either.

But that is not to say that the editing did not cut out some things that the females said that were not so nice either.

Actually felt a bit sad for Taras tonight (which is a bit of a deal for me as he majorly annoyed me when he brought about Tully's downfall). It seems he really felt let down with what Reg voted. Like he thought Johnson was definitely gone as he had checked with Reg on the vote and she said she'd vote out Johnson.

I actually think Reg had intended to vote Johnson like Taras had asked but then when it got to a point of Johnson actually confronting Reg about voting she was persuaded to save him. Like it wasn't as though Reg was initially lying to Taras when he first asked her. I feel from what the tv show presented that she changed her mind later and just didn't tell Taras. I guess it will be interesting to watch if this isn't brought up again on the show or Taras will somehow now be coming for Reg for not going along with voting Johnson out.

Furthermore it's funny as Johnson is really annoyed with Taras. I still think back and wonder why Johnson saved Taras over Drew as I don't recall Drew ever annoying Johnson.

So. Four remaining.
The queen of Big Brother Australia.
The beatlesque challenge beast with the mo that tingles when he lies.
The invisible intruder with a penchant for fighting his own clothes.
The worlds fastest ever growing bald spot attached to a human torso.
Australia-you decide.

I don't like the way Taras has spoken to some of the women in several episodes.

Tully, Estelle and Reggie tonight to name a few.
And this is why I hold back in vocally being a supporter I think. I’ve said I don’t mind if Tara’s wins and Johnson wins either, or even brenton because he does seem like a nice person. None of the hms I am okay with winning if reggie doesn’t stands out on their own I’m afraid. And although Tara’s probably overall wins I still hold back. Taras has dominated strategic plays but I’ve also seen his nasty episodes on how he speaks as he had spoken to tully on these very boards- well i felt they were rude anyways. And why I feel he failed in the social aspect to win. He lacks the charm/ charisma I like to see in my hms and many others it seems.
I am guessing her thinking was having Taras and Johnson up against each other would split the votes as Johnson has probably played the most similar to Taras.
I was thinking that too. Again I think she knows what she’s doing without coming across as obvious in how she is playing it out.

Last edited:
I forgot to say while I was watching and there was a closeup of Taras my hubby says “is that Harry Potter”. I didn’t realise it before but now that’s all I see. Kind of fitting with the challenge beast title and Harry being the quidditch king.

Reggie is now officially the best Big Brother Au returning housemate statistically based on the % of days spent in the house.

1st Reggie 146/146 = 100%
2nd Tim 230/234 = 98.29%
3rd Estelle 144/149 = 96.64%
4th Sara-Marie 104/109 = 95.41%
5th Priya 135/143 = 94.41%
6th Drew 144/160 = 90%
7th Dave 138/162 = 85.19%
8th Danny 69/82 = 84.15%
9th Trevor 109/146 = 74.66%
10th Layla 96/147 = 65.31%
11th Tully 93/153 = 60.78%

Do the housemates share their clothes in the house? Not much really but I have noticed the "Ride The Lightning" by "Metallica" t-shirt worn by Taras on tonight's show used to always be worn by Drew when he was in the house. Also Tully on a certain episode was also wearing a different "Metallica" t-shirt.

Sorry just being a Metallica fan I tend to notice these things...lol :D ;)

How did Dum Dum know it would be a tiny ball throwing challenge?
Luckily he had just practised his tiny fruit throwing skills.

Just when I wondered what to watch once this and Masterchef end - and then I saw an ad for "get if off" "get it off" "get it off"!
Masked Singer is woeful, but really watchable!

Last night was evidence of the "trust is everything in this house" line....Reg voted for Aleisha because she believes Johnson over Tarras when he says I'll take you to final 3....and thats not to say Tarras is untrustworthy I think in this case its just different personas communicating differently....Johnson has big family, out going and learnt people skills that Tarras hasnt mastered..Tarras, although not introverted as such appears happy in his own presence, is a man of few words and as such can come of a bit smug instead of quirky in this environment....i mean they have all lied but it's the aftermath that matters...Tarras says "yes i lied" and they all go liar! , Johnson talks for 5mins and everyones ok he lied I'm over it!
It felt like Reg was deciding who she wants final 3 last night and choose Johnson and Brenton... Thats why Tarras was hurt by her not following his lead, I think also she knew Johnson was a strong duo and basically with her added they're majority straight up....and yes challenge can flip the script still.....and on those i think they should be for immunity..The Tarras challenge juggernaut is massive, i cant believe they let him stay on it! He can be very proud, not just of the wins but he basically had to drive the game the whole time because of it, which must have been taxing, any thought to throwing one somewhere and handing someone else the wheel?... forcing the winner of challenges to put people up is not fair on them and is only designed to generate drama and I'd much rather see a win as a chance to be safe

Although I will point out. When Estelle was in a betrayed situation and said, "I stepped off" people were literally arguing that is the same equivalent of a lie as Taras staring someone in the eyes, telling a premeditated lie. Then bragging to BB about his lying. Taras supporters were unwilling to afford Estelle any lee-way for a human moment.
Posting on twitter and elsewhere, many months later, reiterating the claim, "I stepped off," is a loooong human moment!

Actually felt a bit sad for Taras tonight (which is a bit of a deal for me as he majorly annoyed me when he brought about Tully's downfall). It seems he really felt let down with what Reg voted. Like he thought Johnson was definitely gone as he had checked with Reg on the vote and she said she'd vote out Johnson.

I actually think Reg had intended to vote Johnson like Taras had asked but then when it got to a point of Johnson actually confronting Reg about voting she was persuaded to save him. Like it wasn't as though Reg was initially lying to Taras when he first asked her. I feel from what the tv show presented that she changed her mind later and just didn't tell Taras. I guess it will be interesting to watch if this isn't brought up again on the show or Taras will somehow now be coming for Reg for not going along with voting Johnson out.

Furthermore it's funny as Johnson is really annoyed with Taras. I still think back and wonder why Johnson saved Taras over Drew as I don't recall Drew ever annoying Johnson.
I think it's because Reggie overheard Aleisha saying she wanted to evict her? Also, Johnson has been really kind to Reggie, aiding her and all. I was shocked too when she voted for Aleisha, but then I figured that she seems closer to Johnson and Aleisha was whispering about evicting Reggie (when Reggie was eavesdropping).

Back