Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 27 Discussion (5 July, 7:30pm)

Should second chances after being evicted be allowed?

• Yes - keep them secret to the housemates so that they play as normal...

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Yes - let the housemates know when they'll be so they can strategise...

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Yes - but only if the public is voting and knows in advance...

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • No - once you're voted out you should stay out...

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • No - it makes it too easy for the producers to rig the outcome of the show...

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • No - it's not fair on some housemates who don't get second chances...

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters
I was glad Ben broached the vaccine issue, considering Estelle had avoided the subject on here. More surprising than her not being vaxed was her claim that a third of the HMs weren't.

Estelle was outspoken about vaccines on SM. My sister was a 'friend' of hers on SM.

I am shocked they weren't vaxxed as the Channel 7 workers have to be vaxxed or they aren't allowed into the studio, but then the house was 'shipping containers'

Estelle was outspoken about vaccines on SM. My sister was a 'friend' of hers on SM.

I am shocked they weren't vaxxed as the Channel 7 workers have to be vaxxed or they aren't allowed into the studio, but then the house was 'shipping containers'
Estelle did answer my question that they saw the camera crew in there. She wasn't specific as to whether it was in the 'house' itself or (more likely IMO) during challenges. In that case they would probably keep their distance. They're probably not supposed to elaborate on that kind of thing.

He has posted it today. I won’t have the chance to listen until later this afternoon.

Hmm… what did you think? I just listened to this along with Ben’s interview of Tim. Am I the only one who feels Ben is insincere? He frames his issues with Estelle VERY differently when talking to her compared to when he’s talking to Tim about it. I don’t like that they’re bonding over their difficulties with Estelle. The Tim interview is a bit of a narcissist circle jerk overall. I did enjoy Tim more towards the end though. I’m interested to hear what others thought…

I haven’t listened to either of them but enjoy reading what others have said. I guess it can be interpreted differently to each person. Hopefully all parties can learn to move on or have moved on. I only listened to some stuff by Tim on Spotify and it was interesting to hear what he thought. His thoughts could be because of hindsight or revealing how he interprets things months after, but since they are not in the moment or never revealed how he saw things on live motion, it’s hard to read how he truly felt. He could be commenting based on how we see things too, does that make sense? And Estelle too- she could be saying things based on how things have been shown to us. I do hope I make sense. All I’m saying is that they have had way too much time to consolidate their thoughts and ensure things they say are purposefully said to suit an audience

I could she she was both a heart and head player so it didn't surprise me, and I would have loved her to have been playing that hard 24 hours earlier rather than the fight she had with Taras. what surprised me is how indignant she was that Reggie got voted out yet she here she was basically asking them to do that all over again. I am not sure how many others in her shoes would have fought that hard when up against Reggie.
Yeah I went into the DR to speaking to BB because I said that very thing " I don't want to take this away from Reggie" it was then I got a talking to and was told to campaign.. Also lost a lot of adrenaline and emotion through that challenge, it actually nearly made me faint..
Reggie had also said to me in the Arcade that she was considering giving up her spot for me. Because if she went back in she didn't stand a chance and was worried she would just be out next... She wanted me to go in and slay..

Thank god she has gotten this far hey!
I had nothing to lose in that final eviction, I knew they had too much guilt of fake evicting Reggie. Was way too much of a threat to everyone left in that house except maybe Brenton. :)

I meant that he acknowledges he didn’t treat her well in 2012 when talking to Estelle but makes it seem like she was solely the problem when talking to Tim.
I am so aware of this.. Just like Tim has apologies in his podcast only to make these sorts of comments in his exit interviews.
I meant that he acknowledges he didn’t treat her well in 2012 when talking to Estelle but makes it seem like she was solely the problem when talking to Tim.
perceptive.

I am so aware of this.. Just like Tim has apologies in his podcast only to make these sorts of comments in his exit interviews.

perceptive.
To be fair…
Tim reached out to you before he went on any podcasts didn’t he? You mentioned it first on Rob’s podcast before Tim did.

To be fair…
Tim reached out to you before he went on any podcasts didn’t he? You mentioned it first on Rob’s podcast before Tim did.
That doesn’t change anything. If he was sincere his dialogue would completely match. It doesn’t.

Same with Ben. You cannot in one hand apologise and then in the other blame. It makes no sense.

That doesn’t change anything. If he was sincere his dialogue would completely match. It doesn’t.

Same with Ben. You cannot in one hand apologise and then in the other blame. It makes no sense.
Ah yep sorry I read your post wrong.

So…. Because it’s not a case of them being guilty and you being innocent. They are owning their parts and apologising for their parts and waiting to hear you owning yours and apologising?

Edited to add: I don’t think either of them have made out that you were the sole problem as @MattyOj said in the post you quoted. They’ve both admitted and apologised for their actions.

Back