Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 20 Discussion (20 June, 7:30pm)

In another pre-recorded series, how should housemates be nominated?

• Winner of a challenge nominates

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • The whole house nominates after strategising

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • The whole house nominates with nominations kept secret

Votes: 47 78.3%

• Total voters
Just finished watching and I won't be able to read this thread until later, so I don't know what the consensus is.
But for me, I was sorry to see Tully go. As I've said, I didn't enjoy her original run, but I thought she was lovely and empathetic this time.

And I've never seen the appeal of Taras, but tonight my opinion moved from indifference to strong dislike.
Vote any way you want, but there's no need for the lying and then telling the camera that you don't respect the person you're lying to and blah blah blah.

Edit : still don't like Johnson either.

The OG’s did blow themselves up if you think about it. They were like moths to a flame. As soon as a new idea popped up they were easily distracted by it, forgetting any other goal that should have stayed in place. No way will a newbie want an original in the final seat against a public vote.

Sucks that Tully got stabbed by even Drew! How horrible was that! So many years and she had helped him in this and he ended up even voting her out! Then typical Tim wouldn't lend a hand either.

Yeah ... I remember her saying in the diary room, in tears, when Sam was up, "I can't do this to Drew on his birthday". So much for your loyalty Drew. Perhaps Tully should have also mentioned that diary room moment in her "I'm asking you for a favour after 9 years of friendship" speech.

The OG’s did blow themselves up if you think about it. They were like moths to a flame. As soon as a new idea popped up they were easily distracted by it, forgetting any other goal that should have stayed in place. No way will a newbie want an original in the final seat against a public vote.
Agree. But its kind of sad in a way. If this season is just a fait d'accompli of a popularity contest as opposed to earning the win on the merits of this season.
Its why the newbies vs og's is a flawed concept. Do an all og's and do an all newbies. The two dont mix as well as they hoped it would. Its more polarising than anything.

He over compensated. Why did he even target Tully, because she didn't vote for him to be HoH? When he was admitting he was lying to her, and then no one else voted for him to be HoH anyway.

We got a lot of insights into him tonight. None of them positive.

He thought he was flying under the radar and no one noticed. Once that got exposed. He then exposed his true self. Then to overcompensate for the under-the-radar exposure, with his true self at the forefront, over reacted the opposite way as a desperate rescramble. Which then exposed his true self and nature to the house.

💯

Drew and Tim brought them down from within. Drew swung to the other side very early and Tim was always going to form outside relationships for the inevitable flip. Estelle and Tully have tried to be loyal but have/will pay for it. Estelle is in danger now. The OGs have Gabbie. They had Jules but Reggie stupidly targeted her. I wouldn’t be surprised if no OGs make the finale. It will suck if that happens.

Drew and Tim brought them down from within. Drew swung to the other side very early and Tim was always going to form outside relationships for the inevitable flip. Estelle and Tully have tried to be loyal but have/will pay for it. Estelle is in danger now. The OGs have Gabbie. They had Jules but Reggie stupidly targeted her. I wouldn’t be surprised if no OGs make the finale. It will suck if that happens.

I also wouldn't be surprised if no OGs make the finale (although that seems hard to see with Reggie still in there and the newbies being apparently clueless about how popular she is on the outside). But, if there are no OGs in the finale, then, as has been said, they'll only have themselves to blame because they effectively blew themselves up.

Agree. But its kind of sad in a way. If this season is just a fait d'accompli of a popularity contest as opposed to earning the win on the merits of this season.
Its why the newbies vs og's is a flawed concept. Do an all og's and do an all newbies. The two dont mix as well as they hoped it would. Its more polarising than anything.
Popularity contest. That’s exactly what it has become. It’s also a reflection that the public votes are not that of someone that is truly a favourite anyways. I think you’re right, I would rather an original bb or a newbie bb over a mix. It’s too hard for newbies to be seen when we already know the originals from a time when we actually could get to know them. They newbies lose on this alone because we don’t get to see them on a deeper level. And the originals who are not made for game play really doesn’t work. Dave and Trevor, and now Reggie with her wasted vote tonight, are really clueless about it and are there just like the good old days. It’s just a mess

I also wouldn't be surprised if no OGs make the finale (although that seems hard to see with Reggie still in there and the newbies being apparently clueless about how popular she is on the outside). But, if there are no OGs in the finale, then, as has been said, they'll only have themselves to blame because they effectively blew themselves up.

I feel like Estelle tried to warn them all of this weeks ago but they all bashed on her instead. In a game that favours the OGs, pretty poor effort to only have 1 OG in the finale (out of 3)

I agree somewhat. But I think Jules was already bordering on flipping anyways and was still drifting between the OG’s and brenton. We don’t see enough to know whether Reggie targeted her on a blind whim or she didn’t trust her based on other observations.

I agree somewhat. But I think Jules was already bordering on flipping anyways and was still drifting between the OG’s and brenton. We don’t see enough to know whether Reggie targeted her on a blind whim or she didn’t trust her based on other observations.
Think ol Reg just had it in for Jules as pure revenge for Dave. Then added the "intruders must go first " logic as her rationale.

Just finished watching and I won't be able to read this thread until later, so I don't know what the consensus is.
But for me, I was sorry to see Tully go. As I've said, I didn't enjoy her original run, but I thought she was lovely and empathetic this time.

And I've never seen the appeal of Taras, but tonight my opinion moved from indifference to strong dislike.
Vote any way you want, but there's no need for the lying and then telling the camera that you don't respect the person you're lying to and blah blah blah.

Edit : still don't like Johnson either.
You pretty much nailed it. And that’s without the influence of this board or anything on social media. You’re in the majority in that character matters to people, and Taras showed a lack of in his delivery tonight. Tully owned the final of tonight’s show with her fiery stand. She won people over and sadly Taras lost a lot of tonight’s popularity. Many got it right in their comments tonight saying that it was better when we didn’t know Taras

Jules had strong relationships with Estelle and Tully too though. The edit made it seem like Reggie’s only motivation was “we can’t get beaten by no fucken intruder” which would not surprise me if that’s all there was to it 🤣

Jules had strong relationships with Estelle and Tully too though. The edit made it seem like Reggie’s only motivation was “we can’t get beaten by no fucken intruder” which would not surprise me if that’s all there was to it 🤣
I just replied saying I wouldn’t be surprised if it was only because it was revenge for Dave 😂

This episode did not spark any joy in me. I didn't feel like it was time for her to go. In way, she was screwed by production because drew should've been gone initially anyway. I mean, once Reggie and Tim are gone who is there left to root for? I'd probably hope for Aleisha to win. Where is everyone else sitting? First half of the season I was really excited and happy...now I almost dread watching.

Back