Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 19 Discussion (15 June, 7:30pm)

If there is a 2023 series, what do you think the cast selection will be?

• Another OG vs. Newbies

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Ch7 All Stars vs. Newbies

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Ch7 All Stars vs. OG

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • A mix bag of Ch7 / OG / Newbies

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • All Newbie Series

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • No Series

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Me too.
What little joy I'm deriving from this season is almost entirely due to Tully, Reggie & Estelle.

I've always loved Reggie and nothing has changed there.

Estelle I liked, but this time she's really found her voice and it's magnificent.

I was absolutely not a fan of Tully originally, but she too has found her voice, and has shown a softer, nurturing side that lets us see what a lovely person she is.
I agree, i didn't take to Tully the first time round, but this season i think she's fab. She has really matured into a selfless, lovely young woman. And may i say she looks better now than she did then! Like a fine wine👍 her soul shines through. Never thought i'd be saying that!!

My guess for the three up for nomination going by the preview is Tully, Drew and Tim. - the 2013 trio. Which is not a silly strategic move - they do have that previous connection - so putting them all up together means one of them goes.

My guess for the three up for nomination going by the preview is Tully, Drew and Tim. - the 2013 trio. Which is not a silly strategic move - they do have that previous connection - so putting them all up together means one of them goes.
And if it's Tim ousted this early in the game, it could mark the point where, (knowing he doesn't make top three), he starts to let loose on his real opinions of the other housemates on social media.
Maybe he kept it bottled up until the episodes aired, but somewhere along the line he must have decided to let it all out.

I feel like if we saw more episodes, with less BS tasks and less over the top dramatic editing, this show could have been pretty engaging seeing the household dynamics and how different people play the game and strategize, and manipulate each other for the game. But the only time we see any of that really is the lead up to an eviction, so I feel like we're always missing giant chunks to the point where I don't really find any of it engaging at all.

Anyway, I caught up with this episode just then by literally skipping straight to the final 2 in the challenge to see Estelle win, and then watched the remaining because I knew the first half would have probably been a waste of time (someone let me know if there was anything interesting, but I'm watching BBUK right now and would rather invest my time there).

Loving Estelle on my screen, and I think we all don't want to admit it but Estelle will be going soon. We know 80% of the house want her out (and housemate dynamics on social media as of late show that there's a lot of animosity between Estelle and other HMs) so doubt anything will change, and in this game you need the numbers or you're out (personally I find this kind of gameplay boring which is why I like having external, real life audience votes, but it is what it is)

Also, I don't like the twist at all because I can never truly believe these twists aren't rigged or changed to fit what the producers want, and yet another twist to save yet another newbie? I know it's been for the most part coincidental, but still a bit unfair, and we wonder why the OGs are all being evicted. I usually love twists in these reality game shows, but so far a lot of the twists in this show don't feel earned. Maybe it's the pre-recorded aspect. or the fact that they usually feel just so nonsensical.

The twist didn't matter anyway, as right now everyone for the most part votes with their alliance, which is my issue with the show right now is that it's all pretty predictable because the HMs are the ones with the decision for the entire game (and why I don't like strategy talk because I feel like we get more surprises and more genuine nominations based off who people like) so Jules would have been evicted regardless. The only guaranteed vote on Drew in that entire house was Estelle, the only two potential votes were a big maybe.

My predictions for votes:

For Drew
Estelle
Reggie (wild card)
Tully (wild card)

For Jules
Tim
Brenton
Johnson
Taras
Jaycee
Gabby
Aleisha

Sorry, my THIRD post but I don't even bother with these promos anymore because they've been more misleading than not as of late - the "What has Tim done?" was one of the WORST. And the show has failed if they have to make up BS to draw in viewers. How is there not any interesting drama locking up ~20 people in a house for 2 months where they're all competing against each other?

Sorry, my THIRD post but I don't even bother with these promos anymore because they've been more misleading than not as of late - the "What has Tim done?" was one of the WORST. And the show has failed if they have to make up BS to draw in viewers. How is there not any interesting drama locking up ~20 people in a house for 2 months where they're all competing against each other?
I agree. We know that at least the OGs are entertaining people and some of the newbies are as well.

I feel like if we saw more episodes, with less BS tasks and less over the top dramatic editing, this show could have been pretty engaging seeing the household dynamics and how different people play the game and strategize, and manipulate each other for the game. But the only time we see any of that really is the lead up to an eviction, so I feel like we're always missing giant chunks to the point where I don't really find any of it engaging at all.

Anyway, I caught up with this episode just then by literally skipping straight to the final 2 in the challenge to see Estelle win, and then watched the remaining because I knew the first half would have probably been a waste of time (someone let me know if there was anything interesting, but I'm watching BBUK right now and would rather invest my time there).

Loving Estelle on my screen, and I think we all don't want to admit it but Estelle will be going soon. We know 80% of the house want her out (and housemate dynamics on social media as of late show that there's a lot of animosity between Estelle and other HMs) so doubt anything will change, and in this game you need the numbers or you're out (personally I find this kind of gameplay boring which is why I like having external, real life audience votes, but it is what it is)

Also, I don't like the twist at all because I can never truly believe these twists aren't rigged or changed to fit what the producers want, and yet another twist to save yet another newbie? I know it's been for the most part coincidental, but still a bit unfair, and we wonder why the OGs are all being evicted. I usually love twists in these reality game shows, but so far a lot of the twists in this show don't feel earned. Maybe it's the pre-recorded aspect. or the fact that they usually feel just so nonsensical.

A perfect summary. Nailed it!

... and, again, perfect summary. Nailed it again.

WWe're still yet to see a scene that was shown in the pre-season promos where Tim was in the diary room and says "Did you get that Tully?" seems like there comes a time where he wins a challenge and actually nominates Tully.
Wasn't that scene from their original time in the house?

I'm not annoyed at the scramble being a waste in terms of editing. Obviously the scramble would occur regardless of their choice and obviously would have to be shown, I just don't think it's fair. If Tim and Brenton were given some sort of challenge or task to earn the choice then I'd be less annoyed. But I also feel it was just too much power that makes the entire gameplay part pointless. The housemates are there to play a socially based game, what's the point if so many of these evictions are the result of luck and other circumstances they cannot account for?
Exactly & also what if a player during the scramble makes a big decision and decides to flip alliances or in the case of Jules - what if she had a heart to heart with Reggie and convinced Reggie that from here on in I will be your number 1.. and Reggie decides that is good for her game so agrees to keep her...
Meanwhile in a room, locked away from any discussions BrenTim decides to act on out dated info !!!

It's all a bit scripted - maybe last nights edit & a few days prior didn't include the Tully/Drew blossoming relationship, so we have no idea what they're thinking about each other - but the producers see it and decide it's a rating bonanza to see Tully/Drew get it on again... So Drew has to be saved at any cost - thus, make up some type of twist that they can heavily influence to get the desired result - save Drew...

And if it's Tim ousted this early in the game, it could mark the point where, (knowing he doesn't make top three), he starts to let loose on his real opinions of the other housemates on social media.
Maybe he kept it bottled up until the episodes aired, but somewhere along the line he must have decided to let it all out.
It won't be Tim going... If it was, then the producers would be promoting next weeks show 24/7 claiming, "All of Australia will be watching to see if Australia's favourite housemate in Australia's most popular, best ever, Logie winning, Oscar nominated etc etc show will survive" :rolleyes: :cool:

WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT HER HORRIFYING EVICTION OUTFIT!? PURE HORROR FROM HEAS TO TOE!!!!
Jules 20 min's before eviction show, "Oh fark, I've got nothing to wear coz Big Brother confiscated all our clothes for the failed laundry task.. Oh wow, lucky me, I've found Reggies stash of Glomesh hand bags... I'll just fashion these into something ..........."

bb.jpg

Back