Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 19 Discussion (15 June, 7:30pm)

If there is a 2023 series, what do you think the cast selection will be?

• Another OG vs. Newbies

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Ch7 All Stars vs. Newbies

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Ch7 All Stars vs. OG

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • A mix bag of Ch7 / OG / Newbies

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • All Newbie Series

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • No Series

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Gosh I’ve completely changed on Tully, and from the originals left in the house, she’s my second favourite at the moment behind Reggie. Who would have thought… but there you go. I actually really like her.

Tim Being away from the drama of the house has made me miss his fun side, I’m glad they took him out for a bit because he is back up there too and do enjoy his antics. I stand by that him and Estelle together is a bad mix and neither looks good as they bicker way too much and bring in too many people into the drama.

Glad Jules is gone. I don’t find her entertaining sorry. Besides game play there wasn’t much else that made me want to watch her. Drew at least provided content and look his commentary is quite clever. Mean at times- sure, but there is swag in them.

…why is it that whenever Estelle does something like her magnificent winning effort tonight that Big Brother only shows about 30 seconds to a minute of her to bathe in that glory and that’s it… and then the rest of the time is spent on how to save Drew yet again?… I mean… that was such great viewing watching Estelle endure that bullshit ‘even contest’ and then win it… that should’ve been the highlight of this episode… that should’ve been celebrated more… Estelle’s never allowed the chance to shine… never allowed to be the ‘star’ of the show… it sucks big time…

…it’s pure shit!… why not let her be the star of the show?… why not show more of her moment in the Sun?… who gives a fuck on whether Drew gets saved yet again?… it’s complete bias from Big Brother to favour others rather than anything great that Estelle does… anyway… thanks for the fun and giggles tonight folks… it’s been great… nite all… sleep tight… cheers.

…why is it that whenever Estelle does something like her magnificent winning effort tonight that Big Brother only shows about 30 seconds to a minute of her to bathe in that glory and that’s it… and then the rest of the time is spent on how to save Drew yet again?… I mean… that was such great viewing watching Estelle endure that bullshit ‘even contest’ and then win it… that should’ve been the highlight of this episode… that should’ve been celebrated more… Estelle’s never allowed the chance to shine… never allowed to be the ‘star’ of the show… it sucks big time…

…it’s pure shit!… why not let her be the star of the show?… why not show more of her moment in the Sun?… who gives a fuck on whether Drew gets saved yet again?… it’s complete bias from Big Brother to favour others rather than anything great that Estelle does… anyway… thanks for the fun and giggles tonight folks… it’s been great… nite all… sleep tight… cheers.
She was phenomenal, honestly I would call her the challenge beast this season. However I would like her to have some fun. I’m not sure if they are deliberately holding that stuff back but I feel she is getting too caught up in the game play mode, enduring tasks, and the constant back and forth with Tim is driving me insane like it is with the others. I would like to see her also just have a good time and relax as well I think

Some great stuff, like Estelle winning. Yet ultimately disappointing with the twist and Drew being saved.

Now off to have a similar experience of some good, and then really dumb stuff with this weeks episode of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Holy crap was I prescient about Obi-Wan this week. Some great moments, but more incredibly bad ones and horrible writing that had me shaking my head in disbelief at how bad the writing and direction on this show is.

Gosh I’ve completely changed on Tully, and from the originals left in the house, she’s my second favourite at the moment behind Reggie. Who would have thought… but there you go. I actually really like her.

Tim Being away from the drama of the house has made me miss his fun side, I’m glad they took him out for a bit because he is back up there too and do enjoy his antics. I stand by that him and Estelle together is a bad mix and neither looks good as they bicker way too much and bring in too many people into the drama.

Glad Jules is gone. I don’t find her entertaining sorry. Besides game play there wasn’t much else that made me want to watch her. Drew at least provided content and look his commentary is quite clever. Mean at times- sure, but there is swag in them.
Drew without Sam is way more entertaining.

I have to say the rewind/fast forward twist is easily their best twist from this series or maybe even the entire iteration. I also found it to be a step up from the twist from last year where Danny/Nick were just given the power to vote someone out and even if they both chose not to. The eviction would’ve been cancelled. I’m glad they went with, it’s either the two people or the rest of the house. FINALLY, producers actually pulled something off plausible.

I didn’t like the twist. I don’t see many situations where the person making the choice wouldn’t pick fast forward. I don’t like when someone is given all of the power, it makes the scramble pointless.

Big brother also clearly made out like Tim and Brenton would not know who was nominated, only to then inform them of the entire happening of the nominations and challenge outcome.

Alright, so all that scrambling back and forth talk between the HMs was really a waste of the viewers time ... Tim and Brenton pushed FF and all that scrambling talk was for naught. Can we please get that time back BB? (Wow, how ironic that question is.) You could have shown HM chats so we can get to know the HMs better, instead of wasting our time with that scrambling crap which turned out to be for nothing.
I truly do understand the desire for the return of the ‘social experiment’ of old aspect …. But if for a moment you will suspend that and live ONLY in this current format …

It still makes sense for us to have seen the scramble to see how strategy is playing out, who is talking alliances with who etc. Also, Tim and Brenton COULD have chosen rewind in which case there would have been voting from all housemates.

I didn’t like the twist. I don’t see many situations where the person making the choice wouldn’t pick fast forward. I don’t like when someone is given all of the power, it makes the scramble pointless.

Big brother also clearly made out like Tim and Brenton would not know who was nominated, only to them inform them of the entire happening of the nominations and challenge outcome.
If no scramble was shown then there would be more questions of chronological editing. As the scramble needed to happen for there to be a real choice. And as explained a little earlier in this thread, the way I took it, they had to make the decision to FF or rewind BEFORE finding out who was nominated. I think its pretty obvious that either way they needed to know who they were voting for after they made their time travel twist choice.

If no scramble was shown then there would be more questions of chronological editing. As the scramble needed to happen for there to be a real choice. And as explained a little earlier in this thread, the way I took it, they had to make the decision to FF or rewind BEFORE finding out who was nominated. I think its pretty obvious that either way they needed to know who they were voting for after they made their time travel twist choice.
Even so, I just think it’s pointless to let a scramble occur that’s not going to amount to anything. I would have rathered they got some power to save and or replace a nominee. I feel it’s too much power to let them alone decide who was evicted.

Even so, I just think it’s pointless to let a scramble occur that’s not going to amount to anything. I would have rathered they got some power to save and or replace a nominee. I feel it’s too much power to let them alone decide who was evicted.
Fair enough in terms of what you would have rathered the twist be … but given the twist was what the twist was, the scramble genuinely could have amounted to something and therefore needed to happen and be shown in the order it happened.

Fair enough … but given the twist was what the twist was, the scramble genuinely could have amounted to something and therefore needed to happen and be shown in the order it happened.
You’re 100% right in saying that. It doesn’t completely void the scramble. On paper. In practise I would argue more times than not the selected participant/s choose fast forward. Thus making the scramble void and allowing power to fall into their lap without doing anything.

You’re 100% right in saying that. It doesn’t completely void the scramble. On paper. In practise I would argue more times than not the selected participant/s choose fast forward. Thus making the scramble void and allowing power to fall into their lap without doing anything.
Yeah I agree that the probability of FF being chosen over rewind is likely higher.

Genuinely interested what someone like @Estelle.Landy who is saying they are playing more heart than head would have chosen? Would they want to put themselves in a position of having to evict someone not knowing first who was up? I’m trying to think who would choose rewind, I reckon there have been players in previous seasons and maybe even earlier this season (maybe lack-of-strat Dave lol) . But we actually have mostly big characters who are willing to play the game and not just float or fly under the radar.

Back