Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 19 Discussion (15 June, 7:30pm)

If there is a 2023 series, what do you think the cast selection will be?

• Another OG vs. Newbies

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Ch7 All Stars vs. Newbies

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Ch7 All Stars vs. OG

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • A mix bag of Ch7 / OG / Newbies

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • All Newbie Series

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • No Series

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Yeah I agree that the probability of FF being chosen over rewind is likely higher.

The idea of the choice is a good twist, it’s just I don’t like how I think it would actually play out in reality. Just because there is a choice presented doesn’t mean that both outcomes will occur equally. It’s a choice that is too tempting for those who are power hungry, and in a game like this there are too many situations where it always leads to someone controlling the vote.

I truly do understand the desire for the return of the ‘social experiment’ of old aspect …. But if for a moment you will suspend that and live ONLY in this current format …

It still makes sense for us to have seen the scramble to see how strategy is playing out, who is talking alliances with who etc. Also, Tim and Brenton COULD have chosen rewind in which case there would have been voting from all housemates.

Yes, true. It was still important for us to see the scrambles for the exact reasons you have stipulated ... but only if they chose Rewind. Therefore, I suggest the order of the edited show was at fault here.

Let's have a go at editing ...
  • Normal show stuff ... challenge ... challenge winner.
  • "If you press Rewind, you will go back into the eviction room and you and the housemates will all vote as normal. If you press Fast Forward then you will go to the diary room and only you will vote. Which do you choose?"
  • Show button push choice here.
  • If Rewind, then show scrambles here. Show eviction room with housemates. Show housemates seeing the waiting room footage and their choice. Tim and Brenton enter. Show housemate votes, eviction, and show close. Done.
  • If Fast Forward, then show other content here to fill timeslot. Throw in some, only some, scramble stuff. Don't overdo it. Show eviction room with housemates. Show housemates seeing the waiting room footage and their choice. Show diary room entry of Tim and Brenton and them voting. Show Tim and Brenton entering eviction room. Eviction. And show close.
Perhaps something like that.

I'm not annoyed at the scramble being a waste in terms of editing. Obviously the scramble would occur regardless of their choice and obviously would have to be shown, I just don't think it's fair. If Tim and Brenton were given some sort of challenge or task to earn the choice then I'd be less annoyed. But I also feel it was just too much power that makes the entire gameplay part pointless. The housemates are there to play a socially based game, what's the point if so many of these evictions are the result of luck and other circumstances they cannot account for?

The idea of the choice is a good twist, it’s just I don’t like how I think it would actually play out in reality. Just because there is a choice presented doesn’t mean that both outcomes will occur equally. It’s a choice that is too tempting for those who are power hungry, and in a game like this there are too many situations where it always leads to someone controlling the vote.
On reflection (in hindsight) I agree with you about the inevitability.

In the moment I found it exciting TV. I thought Tim articulated some good reasons for either choice so I was there in the moment willing them on to choose FF as it would be fun to watch that play out. So if they were just given the power without a choice that element of excitement (for me) would have been missing from the viewing experience.

I’ve been told I’m naive and I actually accept that may be true in some times and in some situations. So this comment is only to express my emotions watching tonight. :)

On reflection (in hindsight) I agree with you about the inevitability.

In the moment I found it exciting TV. I thought Tim articulated some good reasons for either choice so I was there in the moment willing them on to choose FF as it would be fun to watch that play out. So if they were just given the power without a choice that element of excitement (for me) would have been missing from the viewing experience.

I’ve been told I’m naive and I actually accept that may be true in some times and in some situations. So this comment is only to express my emotions watching tonight. :)
I like your positivity. Makes me more likely to actually watch. If the forum was all negative all of the time I'd be out off. Personally, I thought it was beyond obvious Jules was going based on editing. And not just from her edit either. Tim knows what makes good TV, I don't believe for a second he was going to choose rewind and let Drew go. We'd also be naive to think that Big Brother wouldn't be influencing the decision.

It's also worth remembering that what we hear Big Brother telling the housemates isn't what they hear at the time. It's no secret it is all added in post and given they don't hide other elements of blatant manipulation by producers and editors I've no doubt it isn't simply a case of revoicing the exact script the duty producers used at the time.

It’s a choice that is too tempting for those who are power hungry, and in a game like this there are too many situations where it always leads to someone controlling the vote.

Ha. I remember these forums absolutely erupting the very first time in this "new format" when the challenge gave someone a lot of power resulting in them controlling the vote. Now, it happens often, we're used to it and we kinda just accept it. We don't necessarily like it, and it encourages debate, but compared to the first time, the debate is really nothing.

Gosh I’ve completely changed on Tully, and from the originals left in the house, she’s my second favourite at the moment behind Reggie. Who would have thought… but there you go. I actually really like her.

Tim Being away from the drama of the house has made me miss his fun side, I’m glad they took him out for a bit because he is back up there too and do enjoy his antics. I stand by that him and Estelle together is a bad mix and neither looks good as they bicker way too much and bring in too many people into the drama.

Glad Jules is gone. I don’t find her entertaining sorry. Besides game play there wasn’t much else that made me want to watch her. Drew at least provided content and look his commentary is quite clever. Mean at times- sure, but there is swag in them.
Me too.
What little joy I'm deriving from this season is almost entirely due to Tully, Reggie & Estelle.

I've always loved Reggie and nothing has changed there.

Estelle I liked, but this time she's really found her voice and it's magnificent.

I was absolutely not a fan of Tully originally, but she too has found her voice, and has shown a softer, nurturing side that lets us see what a lovely person she is.

It's also worth remembering that what we hear Big Brother telling the housemates isn't what they hear at the time. It's no secret it is all added in post and given they don't hide other elements of blatant manipulation by producers and editors I've no doubt it isn't simply a case of revoicing the exact script the duty producers used at the time.

Stop it, you're ruining the "magic" of the show for me. 🤣

Next you'll be telling me the housemates are CGI.

Back