Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 19 Discussion (15 June, 7:30pm)

If there is a 2023 series, what do you think the cast selection will be?

• Another OG vs. Newbies

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Ch7 All Stars vs. Newbies

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Ch7 All Stars vs. OG

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • A mix bag of Ch7 / OG / Newbies

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • All Newbie Series

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • No Series

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Tim's style of strategy and gameplay is psychologically manipulative. But is that abuse? If he is like that outside of gameplay maybe but if it is all part of playing a game I am not sure.
Exactly - manipulation is part of the game but be very careful about the word "abuse". There is no doubt that some have come close to the line and even crossed it in these competitive reality show formats (Evil Dick comes to mind) but most of the time the game is somewhat distinct from the personal - although of course being targetted in the game can make you feel like the victim too.

What this version doesn't have that others do have is accountability by the evictees. Whilst I prefer a viewer vote to a jury vote it's a different game when the people you're voting out generally speaking have no say in whether you go on to win or not, so you don't have to manage your behaviour to care about their feelings.

If only BB had a time machine and took us back to 2005 when it was good...

Tim will only do what is best for Tim, he has no empathy or any feelings for anyone else in that house.. His only mindset is use everyone to get further in the game, which is OK considering its a game - but he lacks the ability to turn off & thus he does whatever he wants to whoever he wants for his own amusement sometimes, which is nasty...

Maybe if he leans of rewind to long he will erase himself :)

I voted for all newbies “if” we get a 2023 season. We need a fresh batch of everyday peeps to carry BB forward.. not a bunch of publicity seeking show ponies. That‘s probably a little harsh on the current Newbs. :/
Yes, you're right. The former housemate one could be an inbetweenie, like VIP was, so we get two lots a year 😀

Bye not Reggie or Estelle

giphy.gif

Tim's style of strategy and gameplay is psychologically manipulative. But is that abuse? If he is like that outside of gameplay maybe but if it is all part of playing a game I am not sure.
You’re making a good point. All I was saying is that emotional and verbal abuse is still abuse. You don’t have to physically assault someone, we all know that. I think some of Tim’s behaviour is borderline abusive, in the way he uses manipulative and coercive tactics. But yes, good point about whether or not HMs are signing up for manipulation and coertion as part of gameplay. Like a lot of things, there’s a fine, nuanced line, and I believe if someone doesn’t like the way they’re treated and makes that clear, then that behaviour should stop. But Tim doesn’t know when to stop, in fact he seems to like breaking people down, but only if he thinks he can get away with it. That’s textbook bullying IMO and I don’t think that’s acceptable under any circumstances.

I voted for all newbies “if” we get a 2023 season. We need a fresh batch of everyday peeps to carry BB forward.. not a bunch of publicity seeking show ponies. That‘s probably a little harsh on the current Newbs. :/
This would be good if production could be trusted to share around the airtime and not just choose one or two of their favourites to narrate and receive all the advantages and second chances. Usually production faves don’t align with who the public likes either!

Exactly - manipulation is part of the game but be very careful about the word "abuse". There is no doubt that some have come close to the line and even crossed it in these competitive reality show formats (Evil Dick comes to mind) but most of the time the game is somewhat distinct from the personal - although of course being targetted in the game can make you feel like the victim too.

What this version doesn't have that others do have is accountability by the evictees. Whilst I prefer a viewer vote to a jury vote it's a different game when the people you're voting out generally speaking have no say in whether you go on to win or not, so you don't have to manage your behaviour to care about their feelings.
this is a really good point. i think the word/term abuse has the negative connotations it has because it is so bad, hurtful, detrimental to inflict it on another person or even to yourself. what makes it more cutting is passing it off "as a game" (which i feel tim does all too often imo) which can be taken as being dismissive of how your actions are impacting is like.. actually saying, who has to problem here? the projection is real.
the accountability!!
You don’t have to physically assault someone, we all know that. I think some of Tim’s behaviour is borderline abusive, in the way he uses manipulative and coercive tactics. But yes, good point about whether or not HMs are signing up for manipulation and coertion as part of gameplay. Like a lot of things, there’s a fine, nuanced line, and I believe if someone doesn’t like the way they’re treated and makes that clear, then that behaviour should stop. But Tim doesn’t know when to stop, in fact he seems to like breaking people down, but only if he thinks he can get away with it. That’s textbook bullying IMO and I don’t think that’s acceptable under any circumstances.
agreed. devils advocate pov, its the editing, and "ohhh i didnt mean it like that" because of the editorial prerogative thats very very blatant this season. either way hope tim (and even drew because of whats been said about the punchbag comments from estelle and tully, which i think happened because of the 'oh i've done it before to her so i can do it again' vibe) is learning the lessons being taught right now. and maybe i hope they get some therapy too

…evenin’ all… who are we going to shit on tonight?… anyone that picks on Reggie/Estelle or Tully?… Tim… because he’s Tim?… Brenton because he’s a total shithead?… decisions decisions decisions… oh well… let’s just see who shits us the most and just take it from there eh?… cheers.

Since no one has come forth yet, I will do it :)

Anyways… with Brenton & Tim trapped in the waiting room. Will they form an alliance? Will the housemates fail yet another panic room task that’s definitely designed to be failed? Also, will we get more bizarre editing and frankenbites that make no sense. Lastly, the time machine twist… house nominations the re-up or another snap eviction (might be fake)?

“Who wins… you decide”
will Tim cotton on to the fact Brenton has been faking his lack of BB knowledge whilst they are in the Waiting Room or will Tim just be too fond of his own voice as usual???

You’re making a good point. All I was saying is that emotional and verbal abuse is still abuse. You don’t have to physically assault someone, we all know that. I think some of Tim’s behaviour is borderline abusive, in the way he uses manipulative and coercive tactics. But yes, good point about whether or not HMs are signing up for manipulation and coertion as part of gameplay. Like a lot of things, there’s a fine, nuanced line, and I believe if someone doesn’t like the way they’re treated and makes that clear, then that behaviour should stop. But Tim doesn’t know when to stop, in fact he seems to like breaking people down, but only if he thinks he can get away with it. That’s textbook bullying IMO and I don’t think that’s acceptable under any circumstances.
Definitely think the way he’s targetted Estelle is bullying - they were supposed to be friends outside before this - she would be rocked by the attacks he’s made. And like you said - he just doesn’t know when to stop. And then denies all responsibility and puts it back on her.

Back