Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 17 Discussion (13 June, 7:30pm)

Which OG have you most changed your opinion about since their original season?

• Reggie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tim

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Dave

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Estelle

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Tully

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Drew

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Trevor

• Layla

• Total voters
Is it cheap??? The thing I loved was going down street 09 (behind Pub St) and getting a meal or some considerable snack for $1 or $2

There was a bakery down BBU Rd that every arvo around 6pm just before it closed, would sell all their cakes and slices for next to nothing... I used to stock up daily on cheesecakes and crap for nightly snacks - food heaven is SR 😍
Oh yes, can get a good feed for US$3 here. I'll hunt down that bakery though, I'm right near BBU road. Thanks for the tip.

I have loved watching Dave this season and am going to miss him. This was the hardest eviction so far to watch because I didn't want any of them to go yet.
Yep that’s how I feel. It’s all too much with strategy and playing the game. All three offered more than that. But Dave is so involved with the community and genuinely uses his skills to transform lives of children. He’ll be missed in the house but more missed away from his work

Well that was heavy.
All three OGs put up convincing statements on what being in the house meant to them, but Dave was the most ready to go.

Drew and Aleisha both returning was inevitable but annoying.
It should have been one or the other, with the housemates forced to choose, either out of friendship or strategy.
In the fictional Big Brotherverse, if the hacker had "gone" then Big Brother should have just corrected the "mistake" and evicted them. You don't leave a virus on your computer just because it snuck through, you delete it when you can.

You all realise that this "vote out the OGs at all costs" thing is going to make the house even more boring than ever if it comes to fruition. You'll be left with JC, Aleisha, Johnson and company. The only one worthy of winning out of all these "newbie" idiots, would be, in my opinion, Taras.

Others may not agree with me, but that is how I see it. Heck, the show is bad enough as it is in this crappy format. But once the newbies go, it will be even more boring than ever.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the newbies all stand around in the eviction room as the very last OG leaves, all dumbfounded, and saying, "Well then, now what do we do?"
If they vote out the OGs I predict the viewer numbers will dry up. Production hopefully had the foresight to realise that.

Thank you to @bleachy_dude for coming through with that link. What a horrible night of buffering and interruptions while watching towards the end.

I wonder if there is chaos outside the house on twitter again. Hopefully not because I doubt Dave cares for it anyways.

I am going to be contradictory and say I think Tim was genuinely upset with Dave leaving because his reaction towards Dave early on in the show expressed his frustrations at not having someone like Dave be in his corner. You only elicit a reaction like this if you care for a person. Tim cared what Dave thought

Drew and Aleisha both returning was inevitable but annoying.
It should have been one or the other, with the housemates forced to choose, either out of friendship or strategy.
In the fictional Big Brotherverse, if the hacker had "gone" then Big Brother should have just corrected the "mistake" and evicted them. You don't leave a virus on your computer just because it snuck through, you delete it when you can.

Drew and Aleisha returning was indeed annoying.

Yes, something like the HMs should have been forced to choose would have been better. And, in the lounge, one at a time, so everyone could hear. Put pressure on them to tell their complete bullshit lie ... oops, I meant, their "legitimate heart-felt truthful reason" ... which one they want back in and why.

Yeah, when BB's voice came on and said "The hackers putting you in here was a mistake" (or whatever his words were), I thought he would next say, "so then, get your suitcases, grab your gear, and out you go". Now that would have been worth watching. A fake fake eviction!

Last edited:
Votes

Dave

Johnson (no common ground)
Alesha (feels Dave is after her - protection for herself)
Jaycee (physical threat)
Gabbie (He nominated me)
Drew ( Dave is queens guard protecting reggie - he needs to go to expose Reggie and Estelle)
Tully (no reason)
Tim (threat to my game, he bangs on a lot!)
Estelle (want Reggie to stay)

Reggie
Intruder female (can't remember her name) - thinks this is her one chance to vote for Reggie

Estelle
Taras (All friends but he made a promise to dave on day 4 not to write his name down)
Dave (Can't vote for Reggie)
Reggie (Can't vote for Dave)

You would hope so. But they have flopped with these twists so far.

Perhaps a (weighted) challenge would work? "Housemates, you all have to cook fish and chips. The housemate who cooks the best fish and chips, gets immunity until the final three". Sounds fair ... doesn't it? It's something different, and it's surely better than a strength challenge, a tilting challenge, or a balance challenge, huh?

Dave
Gabbie (He nominated me)

Reggie
Intruder female (can't remember her name) - thinks this is her one chance to vote for Reggie

Estelle
Taras (All friends but he made a promise to dave on day 4 not to write his name down)

I am truly over this "he/she nommed me" or "he/she voted for me", so therefore I will nom/vote them tit-for-tat stuff. Back in the day (original BB), BB would pull you up for that crap and tell you that is not a legitimate reason.

Jules is her name. A valid reason and good strategy. Shows she is thinking tactically. Nice. If the idiot newbies all thought like that, then Reggie, their biggest threat (no Aleisha, not Dave) would have probably gone home tonight. It would have sucked, sure, but that's the way to really play this game. They clearly are clueless.

Kudos to Taras for sticking to his word ... and one that he made on day 4. Respect.

Last edited:
Perhaps a (weighted) challenge would work? "Housemates, you all have to cook fish and chips. The housemate who cooks the best fish and chips, gets immunity until the final three". Sounds fair ... doesn't it? It's something different, and it's surely better than a strength challenge, a tilting challenge, or a balance challenge, huh?
It would balance the 95% physical challenges that’s for sure.

You all realise that this "vote out the OGs at all costs" thing is going to make the house even more boring than ever if it comes to fruition. You'll be left with JC, Aleisha, Johnson and company. The only one worthy of winning out of all these "newbie" idiots, would be, in my opinion, Taras.

Others may not agree with me, but that is how I see it. Heck, the show is bad enough as it is in this crappy format. But once the newbies go, it will be even more boring than ever.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the newbies all stand around in the eviction room as the very last OG leaves, all dumbfounded, and saying, "Well then, now what do we do?"
Wait….
Yes, I think most if not all would agree that the OGs provide the most interest in watching the show.
But what are the newbies supposed to do? Roll over and play dead.
Of course I don’t want all the OGs gone …

BUT and this is a huge but … if I were Brenton, I would want to play to win. And if I were playing to win I would know that there’s basically zero chance that I will win against an OG in the final 3. However a very slim chance against some newbies… so what he did makes sense. It possibly elevated him from no chance to a very slim chance.

if I were playing to win I would know that there’s basically zero chance that I will win against an OG in the final 3. However a very slim chance against some newbies… so what he did makes sense. It possibly elevated him from no chance to a very slim chance.
You're exactly right. And surely they all know it? They're presumably being held back by the risk of a voter backlash if you're seen to be responsible for the most popular HMs being evicted. Tonight would have been the perfect opportunity to evict Reggie. But not by going out on a limb as Jules did. You'd have to ensure you have your alliance onside to ensure not only that it works, but also to share the blame. Ideally you would not even want to be the person nominating her.

Back